Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is craziest, most ridiculous type of false propaganda and one-sided narrative. It contains clips from one of Corey Gil-Shuster's videos, and while I can't find that exact clip at the moment, I know it has been heavily edited to only show the negative.

This video was uploaded to Youtube in March of this year. I was there in April, walking those same streets and talking to those same shopkeepers (in one case quite literally). In the old city of Jerusalem markets, where this video was filmed, there are Arab Muslim shopkeepers, Jewish shopkeepers, Christian shopkeepers all working right next to each other, running coffee for each other, bantering with tourists, and working, long, exhausting hours trying to support their families. In many cases, to the tourist, there was little way of knowing whether a shopkeeper was Muslim or Jewish or Christian. And who cares?! (The only way to tell besides talking to them, for me, is that most of the Muslims tended to assume that the red-haired, green-eyed Canadian was Christian, whereas most of the Jewish shopkeepers tended to ask me if I was Jewish.)

Everywhere in the Old City you can find anyone of any culture or ethnicity or nationality. It is a beautiful mish-mash of all sorts of people. And this is equally true of the plaza outside the Kotel, and even within the barriers of the Kotel itself. Jews, Christians, Muslims, locals, tourists, everyone. There is a sign which says "EVERYONE is welcome in this place".

The only place in the Old City where this did not hold true was on the Temple Mount, where non-Muslims are specifically and rigorously excluded.

Does this mean there is no discrimination? Not in the least. I'm sure there is discrimination under the surface, just as it is in ALL other place in the world.

But to paint the Old City of Jerusalem as a place of oppression and unfair or unequal treatment is patently false and only serves to create lies to demonize Israel (and Jews).

This is craziest, most ridiculous type of false propaganda and one-sided narrative. It contains clips from one of Corey Gil-Shuster's videos, and while I can't find that exact clip at the moment, I know it has been heavily edited to only show the negative.

This video was uploaded to Youtube in March of this year. I was there in April, walking those same streets and talking to those same shopkeepers (in one case quite literally). In the old city of Jerusalem markets, where this video was filmed, there are Arab Muslim shopkeepers, Jewish shopkeepers, Christian shopkeepers all working right next to each other, running coffee for each other, bantering with tourists, and working, long, exhausting hours trying to support their families. In many cases, to the tourist, there was little way of knowing whether a shopkeeper was Muslim or Jewish or Christian. And who cares?! (The only way to tell besides talking to them, for me, is that most of the Muslims tended to assume that the red-haired, green-eyed Canadian was Christian, whereas most of the Jewish shopkeepers tended to ask me if I was Jewish.)

Everywhere in the Old City you can find anyone of any culture or ethnicity or nationality. It is a beautiful mish-mash of all sorts of people. And this is equally true of the plaza outside the Kotel, and even within the barriers of the Kotel itself. Jews, Christians, Muslims, locals, tourists, everyone. There is a sign which says "EVERYONE is welcome in this place".

The only place in the Old City where this did not hold true was on the Temple Mount, where non-Muslims are specifically and rigorously excluded.

Does this mean there is no discrimination? Not in the least. I'm sure there is discrimination under the surface, just as it is in ALL other place in the world.

But to paint the Old City of Jerusalem as a place of oppression and unfair or unequal treatment is patently false and only serves to create lies to demonize Israel (and Jews).

:cul2:

:lastword1::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back