Palestinian Arab Finalist Says Issawi An Inspiration

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Palestinian Arab Idol finalist says Issawi an inspiration 4/22/2013 BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Muhammad Assaf, a Palestinian finalist in the TV singing contest Arab Idol, says he is inspired by long-term hunger striker Samer Issawi and would trade winning the competition for the prisoner's freedom. "I am conveying Palestine's message to the world, and if I had to choose between winning the Arab Idol title and the freedom of Samer Issawi, I would choose freedom for the Palestinian hero whose steadfastness is peerless and I can't compare myself to it," Assaf told Ma'an. Speaking from Beirut, the singer from Gaza City said that he considers himself an "ambassador of Palestinian art," who wants to convey a positive image of Palestinians, despite Israeli occupation and oppression. Arab audiences are happy to see a Palestinian singing different genres of music rather than just patriotic songs, he said, adding that he has been receiving support from his fans in the Arab world.Assaf says he has been moved by the plight of Palestinian prisoners, especially Samer Issawi who has been on hunger strike in Israeli detention for 265 days.*"Issawi has provided a model in the struggle which is too great to be imitated by artists, despite the fact that art has an element of resistance as it can deliver the message of a people under occupation to the whole world."

214356.jpg

ViewDetails.aspx

Last edited:
Everyone should read "DER HUNGERKUNSTLER" by
FRANZ KAFKA----also an INSPIRATION

while we are at it----lets do a HISTORY OF PALESTINIAN ART

a few years ago---I attended an exposition of "ISLAMIC ART" --
it was sponsored by the saudi consulate ----very entertaining---
mostly scimitars and large daggers---
with highly decorated handles---filagree silver

I wonder if "palestinian art" features decorated nail bombs

Palestinian Arab Idol finalist says Issawi an inspiration 4/22/2013 BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Muhammad Assaf, a Palestinian finalist in the TV singing contest Arab Idol, says he is inspired by long-term hunger striker Samer Issawi and would trade winning the competition for the prisoner's freedom. "I am conveying Palestine's message to the world, and if I had to choose between winning the Arab Idol title and the freedom of Samer Issawi, I would choose freedom for the Palestinian hero whose steadfastness is peerless and I can't compare myself to it," Assaf told Ma'an. Speaking from Beirut, the singer from Gaza City said that he considers himself an "ambassador of Palestinian art," who wants to convey a positive image of Palestinians, despite Israeli occupation and oppression. Arab audiences are happy to see a Palestinian singing different genres of music rather than just patriotic songs, he said, adding that he has been receiving support from his fans in the Arab world.Assaf says he has been moved by the plight of Palestinian prisoners, especially Samer Issawi who has been on hunger strike in Israeli detention for 265 days.*"Issawi has provided a model in the struggle which is too great to be imitated by artists, despite the fact that art has an element of resistance as it can deliver the message of a people under occupation to the whole world."

214356.jpg

ViewDetails.aspx
"Arab Idol" OMG!

Next contestant will show us how good he is with a suicide bomb. Please pay close attention as he will only do this ONCE.

shahid >> tamerlane
shahida >>> saint wafa idris of the bomb on whore
ass and magda goebbels whore of the
cyanide

I liked that video----it reminded me of an Iranian
cardiologist I used to know---imitating his
egyptian colleague----whom he hated---simply
for being an arab and constantly subjecting him
to the arabian music he despised------sheesh
SUCH HATRED he made fun of arabian food
too. Sherri ---be careful who HEARS that stuff
when you play it He even wiggled his head
around arabian style---SHEEESH such hatred

Everyone should read "DER HUNGERKUNSTLER" by
FRANZ KAFKA----also an INSPIRATION
Now that Frau Sherri has that white dog just lazing around as her Avatar, I am reminded of Kafka's The Metamorphosis (Die Verwandlung) which is translated at times as The Transformation.

Forum List

Back