Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

It is absolutely unpatriotic, it’s not wrong according to our constitution, but it IS unpatriotic.
Bullshit. Protesting is absolutely patriotic. How do you think the US came about?

You don’t know the definition of “patriotic”. But then, you never did know much.
There is phony patriotism and real patriotism

Wrapping yourself up in the flag is phony patriotism
Fighting against injustice is real patriotism

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America
Ask the person who is doing the protest

They say they do it to call attention to social injustice

They can say whatever they want. They are expressing disrespect to the Nation as a whole, during the National Anthem,

Fuck the kneelers and the League that supports them.

Giving the finger is disrespectful
Kneeling is not

When standing is done to show respect and loyalty, those who kneel are purposefully and actively showing disrespect and disloyalty.

Obviously.

Do you consider yourself a Patriot?

Peaceful protest is not disloyal

It’s just lip service. He knows, as does everyone else, that protesting the anthem is a slight against America

They can say whatever they want. They are expressing disrespect to the Nation as a whole, during the National Anthem,

Kneeling is not

When standing is done to show respect and loyalty, those who kneel are purposefully and actively showing disrespect and disloyalty.

Obviously.

If a man were to stand, peacefully, on a street corner with a sign, that stated, "I am disloyal to America. Abolish America".

Would that be a loyal protest?

You moron.

Kneeling is symbolic of reflection and prayer

It is not an insult to a flag that represents freedom

That’s such bs. Everyone knows the ways we honor the flag. Standing in the main custom. Sitting down or kneeling is the exact opposite of standing. Can you at least say that what they’re doing could easy be interpreted as a sign of disrespect? Now the answer is obviously yes....so.....I ask you why not protest in another manner?

Is standing against injustice more patriotic than standing for a flag?

Even if they were standing up for real injustices, the manner in which they’re doing it is disrespectful. And not only that but I feel like it’s meant to be disrespectful
They have been respectful for decades with no results
Now they are getting attention

Real Patriots fight for what is right.......not phony patriotic symbols

They’re getting attention for all the wrong reasons. The debate is about patriotism and respect for the country, not racial injustice. Besides Colin Kaepernick didn’t start us on a national discussion on what is perceived by many to be racial injustice. It seems like we’re always talking about race relations and racial injustice. I for one am sick of it. These players have achieved nothing. They haven’t raised awareness to a noble cause, they haven’t brought about change, they pouted like little bitches and that’s what they’ll be remembered for in history.

Only from Trump's base.

Kneeling is not

Obviously.

If a man were to stand, peacefully, on a street corner with a sign, that stated, "I am disloyal to America. Abolish America".

You moron.

Who would notice him? No one. They never said they are disloyal to America or to abolish America either!

If you protest racial injustice and police brutality, you protest America....period

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much
It is a symbolic protest just like the anthem is symbolic

The anthem has nothing to do with racial injustice. After drawing the ire so many Americans following their protests, they should have had the common decency to change their platform. All these protests have done has divided the country.

The anthem has to do with a British attack on an American Fort

"the land of the free" who was free at that time? It has everything to do with racial injustice, for women as well as the poor whites and blacks, and the blacks were not free. Truth be known women were not either.

That’s such bs. Everyone knows the ways we honor the flag. Standing in the main custom. Sitting down or kneeling is the exact opposite of standing. Can you at least say that what they’re doing could easy be interpreted as a sign of disrespect? Now the answer is obviously yes....so.....I ask you why not protest in another manner?

Is standing against injustice more patriotic than standing for a flag?

Even if they were standing up for real injustices, the manner in which they’re doing it is disrespectful. And not only that but I feel like it’s meant to be disrespectful
They have been respectful for decades with no results
Now they are getting attention

Real Patriots fight for what is right.......not phony patriotic symbols

They’re getting attention for all the wrong reasons. The debate is about patriotism and respect for the country, not racial injustice. Besides Colin Kaepernick didn’t start us on a national discussion on what is perceived by many to be racial injustice. It seems like we’re always talking about race relations and racial injustice. I for one am sick of it. These players have achieved nothing. They haven’t raised awareness to a noble cause, they haven’t brought about change, they pouted like little bitches and that’s what they’ll be remembered for in history.

Only from Trump's base.

Kneeling is not

Obviously.

You moron.

Who would notice him? No one. They never said they are disloyal to America or to abolish America either!

RIghtwinger made a blanket statement, that "peaceful protest is not disloyal".

My point, was, that peaceful protest can indeed by disloyal.

Nothing in your moronic post, addressed that at all.

Try again.

Right, because racial injustice and police brutality are such patriotic things to do..

Protesting the national anthem in the name of racial justice, would be like me protesting the simpsons because I don’t like cnn. It’s misdirected rage, and hostility towards a country that has given these spoiled brats so much
It is a symbolic protest just like the anthem is symbolic

The anthem has nothing to do with racial injustice. After drawing the ire so many Americans following their protests, they should have had the common decency to change their platform. All these protests have done has divided the country.

The anthem has to do with a British attack on an American Fort

"the land of the free" who was free at that time? It has everything to do with racial injustice, for women as well as the poor whites and blacks, and the blacks were not free. Truth be known women were not either.

These players have the right to peacefully protest and are doing so. No on gives a damn what racists think about them doing so. As you can see they are not stopping. Nobody has to be grateful and ignore injustice because some white racists want to continue doing it. Whites have been given everything by this government for 242 years. You be grateful and stop whining about the government that has given you so much.

These players have the right to peacefully protest and are doing so. No on gives a damn what racists think about them doing so. As you can see they are not stopping. Nobody has to be grateful and ignore injustice because some white racists want to continue doing it. Whites have been given everything by this government for 242 years. You be grateful and stop whining about the government that has given you so much.

Call everyone who disagrees with you a racist, but it’s getting old. The boy who called wolf ring a bell?

Last edited:

No one is claiming they do not have the right.

Stop lying.

Kneeling is not

Obviously.

You moron.
But if he held a sign that said “Justice for all” he would be patriotic
That is what NFL players are doing

Kneeling is not

Obviously.

You moron.

So, before we move on, you are admitting that a peaceful protest CAN be disloyal?

Call everyone who disagrees with you a racist, but it’s getting old. The boy who called wolf ring a bell?

I call racists racist. You are opposing a protest about racial injustice. So what does that make you?

I call racists racist. You are opposing a protest about racial injustice. So what does that make you?

You call people who disagree with you, racist. Because you can't argue with them. So you try to marginalize them.

YOu are an asshole.

What if I disagree with you on the racial injustice thing? Does that make me a racist? I think not

Panthers owner David Tepper: 'Dead wrong' to call NFL players' protests unpatriotic

His comments come a day after Miami Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills, who continues to demonstrate during the anthem, received an award, not to mention praise from Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, for his "contributions to social justice."

clip_image002.jpg

No one really cares.

What if I disagree with you on the racial injustice thing? Does that make me a racist? I think not

I would think so because there is too much evidence showing that your disagreement has no merit.

It is absolutely unpatriotic, it’s not wrong according to our constitution, but it IS unpatriotic.
Bullshit. Protesting is absolutely patriotic. How do you think the US came about?

You don’t know the definition of “patriotic”. But then, you never did know much.

You don’t know the definition of patriotism.

You don’t know the definition of patriotism.

I would say he has a better understanding of the concept than you. There is a difference between patriotism and nationalism.

Kneeling is not

Obviously.

You moron.

So, before we move on, you are admitting that a peaceful protest CAN be disloyal?
Your ridiculous point?
Disloyal protest can be disloyal

Not the sharpest crayon in the box are you?

Forum List

Back