Parents React to No Law against Sex Offenders on Halloween

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth

"GRAND ISLAND, Neb. Central Nebraska parents and law enforcement spoke out Thursday about the state's lack of a law restricting the activities of sex offenders on Halloween.

"That really scares me. I have a little girl with Autism who has no sense of danger," parent Wendy Hoss said. "If she went to the door and we weren't with her, she'd go in and say, 'Hi.'"

At least 10 U.S. states have laws preventing sex offenders from answering the door or passing out candy on Halloween, but Nebraska is not among those states.
"Go to homes of the people that you know," GIPD Officer Butch Hurst recommends. "Don't just be going from door to door to door. That eliminates probably almost 100 percent of your problems."

Many parents agreed the state does not need to have a law to prevent sex offenders from handing out candy."

Laws restricting sex offenders is going to stop sex offenders from taking advantage of autistic children unaccompanied by a parent?

And how dare those misguided people in the article, for suggesting that parental guidance will somehow keep them safe from sex offenders on Halloween.

Yeah, the dude I work with is such a danger to children because he...pissed in some guy's shrubbery while drunk almost 20 years ago!

Sex offender registries are getting ridiculous.

Yeah, the dude I work with is such a danger to children because he...pissed in some guy's shrubbery while drunk almost 20 years ago!

And my thread with an 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old too, it's no longer assumed that registered sex offenders are dangerous people. That was the point of the program to begin with, to alert the public about dangerous individuals, but now it's becoming a joke.

"GRAND ISLAND, Neb. Central Nebraska parents and law enforcement spoke out Thursday about the state's lack of a law restricting the activities of sex offenders on Halloween.

"That really scares me. I have a little girl with Autism who has no sense of danger," parent Wendy Hoss said. "If she went to the door and we weren't with her, she'd go in and say, 'Hi.'"

At least 10 U.S. states have laws preventing sex offenders from answering the door or passing out candy on Halloween, but Nebraska is not among those states.
"Go to homes of the people that you know," GIPD Officer Butch Hurst recommends. "Don't just be going from door to door to door. That eliminates probably almost 100 percent of your problems."

Many parents agreed the state does not need to have a law to prevent sex offenders from handing out candy."
Ok...if you have a daughter with autism....and she will just walk right into someone's house if you aren't with her.........wait for it.................................BE WITH HER.

Are these perverts only active on Halloween?

Only time their preferred victims are knocking on their front doors I think is the worry.

I think most states aren't passing the law because it's redundant. A registered sex offender with specific instructions not to contact children already can't give them candy, so they turn off their porch light so that kids pass up their house. Making a law saying they need to turn off their light is unnecessary; either they're going to abide by the terms of their registry or they won't.

And my thread with an 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old too, it's no longer assumed that registered sex offenders are dangerous people. That was the point of the program to begin with, to alert the public about dangerous individuals, but now it's becoming a joke.

To a ten year old...would there be anything funnier than watching a drunk guy taking a piss in the shrubbery?

To a ten year old...would there be anything funnier than watching a drunk guy taking a piss in the shrubbery?
No kid is "scarred for life" by seeing a penis or va jay jay. It's the parents who freak out.

Forum List

Back