Party Time

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
We are fortunate to have many very friendly neighbors with kids about the same age as our youngest. The parents of his kindergarten classmates are very friendly as well. All good. However, one result of all this friendliness is that lately it seems as if ALL of the kids his age in the area are having birthdays at about the same time. That means birthday parties, and there seems to be some unspoken obligation to put on an elaborate theme party for 10-20 little kids at a time. There was one last weekend, THREE this weekend, and another next weekend. The parents have all been super nice and very generous, but it is a busy social calendar for a 6 year-old. These "event parties" are pretty expensive too. I don't know how they do it. Anyway, good experiences for the little guy.

Last edited:
We are fortunate to have many very friendly neighbors with kids about the same age as our youngest. The parents of his kindergarten classmates are very friendly as well. All good. However, one result of all this friendliness is that lately it seems as if ALL of the kids his age in the area are having birthdays at about the same time. There was one last weekend, THREE this weekend, and another next weekend. The parents have all been super nice and very generous, but it is a busy social calendar for a 6 year-old. These "event parties" are pretty expensive too. I don't know how they do it. Anyway, good experiences for the little guy.
They only get those things for so long. It's nice they can enjoy them while they can. :D

We are fortunate to have many very friendly neighbors with kids about the same age as our youngest. The parents of his kindergarten classmates are very friendly as well. All good. However, one result of all this friendliness is that lately it seems as if ALL of the kids his age in the area are having birthdays at about the same time. There was one last weekend, THREE this weekend, and another next weekend. The parents have all been super nice and very generous, but it is a busy social calendar for a 6 year-old. These "event parties" are pretty expensive too. I don't know how they do it. Anyway, good experiences for the little guy.
Social interaction for young children of your son's or daughter's age is necessary. But don't you worry about the mass shooting epidemic that can strike anywhere in America now. And the fact that political tensions are at a peak and could trigger a good guy with a gun to become a bad guy with a gun?

Can a concerned citizen's protection org be formed in areas surrounding schools at least? Maybe even just having handguns hidden in pickups or cars when driving the kids to school?

I would just caution you Dook, to not attempt to align yourself with one who is openly suggesting that he's going to hunt down progressives!

Social interaction for young children of your son's or daughter's age is necessary. But don't you worry about the mass shooting epidemic that can strike anywhere in America now. And the fact that political tensions are at a peak and could trigger a good guy with a gun to become a bad guy with a gun?

Can a concerned citizen's protection org be formed in areas surrounding schools at least? Maybe even just having handguns hidden in pickups or cars when driving the kids to school?
good-guys-with-guns-am-i-right-v0-6s376i5h1e7d1.jpeg

Forum List

Back