Pastor doubles down on 'America: Love or leave it' sign as members walk out

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019

After President Trump's controversial comments about the "Squad" last week, where he said that if someone doesn't want to be in the country they should leave, a Virginia church's sign went viral for its message.

"America: love or leave it," read the sign at Friendship Baptist Church sign in Appomattox, Va., to preview Sunday's message. The sign drew national support and condemnation throughout the week but during the church's Sunday School, some congregants staged a walkout, WSET-TV reported.

Last week, Pastor E. W. Lucas, who put up the sign after Trump's tweet, told the local station people upset with Trump's comments "ought to go over there and live in these other countries for a little while
".......(snip)

ME: I like this pastor. I'm a Catholic, not a Baptist, but he's okay with me

After President Trump's controversial comments about the "Squad" last week, where he said that if someone doesn't want to be in the country they should leave, a Virginia church's sign went viral for its message.

"America: love or leave it," read the sign at Friendship Baptist Church sign in Appomattox, Va., to preview Sunday's message. The sign drew national support and condemnation throughout the week but during the church's Sunday School, some congregants staged a walkout, WSET-TV reported.

Last week, Pastor E. W. Lucas, who put up the sign after Trump's tweet, told the local station people upset with Trump's comments "ought to go over there and live in these other countries for a little while
".......(snip)

Anything to be put in the spotlight. This is what is meant when the Church intrudes in politics.

Finally a pastor I can appreciate.

One who has apparently killed his church in a matter of a week?

I take it you are one of the leavers.

Either that or I read the article that his service was basically empty by the end, the facebook page for the church has been removed and its telephone has been disconnected. that town of 1700 has 33 churches, 22 baptists. Sounds to me like they didn't love it, so they left it.

Either that or I read the article that his service was basically empty by the end, the facebook page for the church has been removed and its telephone has been disconnected. that town of 1700 has 33 churches, 22 baptists. Sounds to me like they didn't love it, so they left it.

I doubt he's in any trouble:

“Preachers, by and large, today, are afraid they’re gonna hurt somebody’s feelings," Lucas told WSET, "and when I get in the pulpit, I’m afraid I won’t hurt somebody’s feelings.”

Guy's a winner.

So, congregants staged a walk out during Sunday School without hearing the Morning Message?

Listen to the message first then make an informed opinion. Don't form your opinion before getting the information.

As for the walk out, I'm willing to bet those who walked out were looking for an excuse to leave or they didn't belong to the church.

Sounds like the church should lose its tax exemption...
At some point the real ones will. You will incarcerate and kill the Christians. They will get the blame. It is pre written and you are following it. Its just how fast it gets here.

“Preachers, by and large, today, are afraid they’re gonna hurt somebody’s feelings," Lucas told WSET, "and when I get in the pulpit, I’m afraid I won’t hurt somebody’s feelings.”

Guy's a winner.

Hope your winner has a real job besides preaching. His congregation of 40 apparently is down to about 10.

Guy's a winner.

Hope your winner has a real job besides preaching. His congregation of 40 apparently is down to about 10.

You can thank the liberal media for giving him publicity. The lord will bless him with plenty.

".......(snip)

Anything to be put in the spotlight. This is what is meant when the Church intrudes in politics.
Wait, so you are opposed to all the Black Churches that support defend and invite democrats to give speeches at their churches? Or is that different?

Sounds like the church should lose its tax exemption...
At some point the real ones will. You will incarcerate and kill the Christians. They will get the blame. It is pre written and you are following it. Its just how fast it gets here.

I'm not following anything.

Personally, I have no issue with religion or people of faith. Unless they say stupid shit or attempt to force their views on me.

Guy's a winner.

You can thank the liberal media for giving him publicity. The lord will bless him with plenty.

Errrr the OP article is from Fox news so if they are now part of the liberal media, then hell has frozen over.

Forum List

Back