Pelosi To GOP: A Democratic President Could Declare National Emergency On Guns

It is armament, and can reasonably be considered arms. Full auto access is severely limited. Doesn't fit the normal "guns for everybody" pattern.
Why are we talking about 'Full Auto' when that is already ILLEGAL? As in 'well-regulated'.....

So you wouldn't have a problem if other guns shared the same limitations on ownership that full auto has?

Pelosi gives voters heads up your guns could be in Jeopardy if the next president is a Democrat

Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns

When is enough going to be enough all they do is fight amongst the parties and never get nothing accomplished that needs to be done nothing that they're hired to do they do nothing but bicker bicker bicker with each other

Good luck with that, Nan. Trump will have an easier job using National Emergency to build a Wall. What Democrats don’t see is that many of Trump’s actions and attitude when it comes to working with Congress mirror those of Obama’s.

Trump and Obama are very similar.
I completely disagree. President Trump has given Congress every chance to author legislation. He has often pushed back on issues, right into the laps of Congress and demanded they do their job. Obama admittedly violated the Constitution, more than once, to push his own liberal agenda / issues into reality by by-passing Congress.
They vowed to be against Trump when Hillary got such an embarrassment to lose to him

Another dumb move by Pelosi (if that is true).
Our political leaders have reduced themselves to using playground antics.

Trump is the one who is driving this particular tactic. If he can get away with it, why shouldn't anyone else?

You can’t expect better from the blob, you can and should from a Liberal

So far, no liberal has tried to use that tactic. It's only been pointed out that if Trump is allowed to open that door, it will be open for others to use. If others using his same method scares them that much, they should consider not opening that door. I don't think Pelosi wants anyone to be able to claim a national emergency to bypass congress, but if it is allowed, it will be allowed for both sides.

Promising “tit for tat” makes one look small. And shallow.
The wall hurts your feeling? Why? Because it will keep illegals out?

'the right to keep and bear arms". Doesnt say anything about this applying only to muskets.

You're right. It does refer to something though...now what was that again? Something about a well regulated militia? Why do gun fetishists forget that part?
------------------------------ Shall not be INFRINGED Seawitch .

Right, as part of a well regulated militia. Why'd those old farmers put that in there?
'Well-Regulated' - there are so many laws on the books today one could argue that it is un-necessarily 'over-regulated'.
80,000 people killed by guns in the last two years. Nope, not over regulated.

Cut that in half and remove the suicides and get back with me.

OK. Just to be clear, nuclear arms, yes or no?
Again, this is the type of legalistic BS-over-common-sense I am talking about. That has to be one of the stupidest f*ing questions in this debate I have heard.

Years ago the Democrats wrote a bill outlawing citizen ownership of 'MISSILES' and submitted it for passage into law. People with common sense asked 'why would anyone write and want to pass such an un-necessary law'...and they started digging into the bill. Buried in the bill were 2 lines...THAT ATTEMPTED TO DEFINE BULLETS AS 'MISSILES'.
:wtf:

CUT THE LEGSALISTIC CRAP!

Pelosi gives voters heads up your guns could be in Jeopardy if the next president is a Democrat

When is enough going to be enough all they do is fight amongst the parties and never get nothing accomplished that needs to be done nothing that they're hired to do they do nothing but bicker bicker bicker with each other
It is very exasperating. We are boiling ourselves in our own planet, destroying our food chain from the bottom up and these clowns are thinking of every clever way they can to be top dog in DC.
We are boiling ourselves in our own planet,
Of course nothing that just happened with the extreme FREEZE that set unprecedented records has any effect on our Boiling? Of course a liberals brain has boiled so much that there isnt any grey matter left, but that is to be expected...
What is expected is for POTUS apologists to continue to bury their heads in the sand and deny science. Read up and get educated. Simple as that.
They say last year was the 4th record heat for the world. How can this be, when each year "supposedly" more CO2 is being injected into the atmosphere so last year should of been the Hottest on record. You fucking idiots have no clue how much your liberal uber elites prey on your stupidity, but then if you were smarter you would be a Conservative..

Now I will apologize..

I am truly sorry that you are a stupid fucking idiot, as people like you embarrass the fuck out of the rest of US.

5c65ef9020000001016ea753.png

The House speaker warned Republicans about the precedent Trump could set by declaring a national emergency to secure border wall funding.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday warned about the dangerous precedent President Donald Trump could set if he declares a national emergency to secure funding for his border wall.

“I know the Republicans have some unease about it, no matter what they say,” Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol. “Because if the president can declare an emergency on something that he has created as an emergency, an illusion that he wants to convey, just think of what a president with different values can present to the American people.”

Pelosi said the situation at the U.S.-Mexico border doesn’t constitute an “emergency,” as Trump has framed it, but rather a “humanitarian challenge.”

“You want to talk about a national emergency?” Pelosi said. “Let’s talk about today, the one-year anniversary of another manifestation of the epidemic of gun violence in America. That’s a national emergency.”

Pelosi was referring to the Feb. 14, 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. She noted that a Democratic president could declare a national emergency on gun violence and warned Republicans to carefully consider the precedent Trump would set by using his executive power to override Congress.

“Democratic presidents can declare emergencies as well,” Pelosi said. “So the precedent that the president is setting here is something that should be met with great unease and dismay by the Republicans.”

More: Pelosi To GOP: A Democratic President Could Declare National Emergency On Guns

What goes around comes around. Go Nancy!
There is no provision in the US Constitution that prohibits a President from building a wall.

Ignorant nonsence.

There is ABSOLUTELY a provision in Constitution against a President using funds for the wall without congressional apropriation.

Congress controlls the spending - PERIOD.

The President will use existing funds, not new funds. He will transfer funds from related areas to the wall. Perfectly legal and constitutional.

Existing funds is what CONGRESS APPROPRIATED.

By spending it elsewhere Trump is unconstitutionally overriding Congress
Obama said he had "A pen and a phone". If Obama can use a pen and a phone to override Congress, why can't Trump?

It is very exasperating. We are boiling ourselves in our own planet, destroying our food chain from the bottom up and these clowns are thinking of every clever way they can to be top dog in DC.
Of course nothing that just happened with the extreme FREEZE that set unprecedented records has any effect on our Boiling? Of course a liberals brain has boiled so much that there isnt any grey matter left, but that is to be expected...

Yes, crazy isn't it. Temps swinging like never before. North pole warming and the polar vortex moving south for days. Heck how many glaciers are gone from Glacier National Park in the past 50 years?

And yet people that seemingly didn't pass 5th grade science still think weather = climate.

Like, is that kind of decision to debate a topic that they start out by saying they are completely ignorant on it, a thing now?

"Hey, I can't tell the difference between weather and climate, but let me jump against this scientific fact based opinion with my lack of understanding of even the basics of it".

It's like if I was telling Oppenheimer he needed a bigger sledgehammer to split that atom for his atomic bomb since my lack of knowledge on nuclear fission made me an expert on that topic lol
Back in my day, in Cincinnati, in the middle of May it snowed. Yes it actually snowed. Yet, you dumbass liberals back then didnt try to scam out billions of tax dollars to make themselves richer by sayin Global Warming, but Global Cooling. They the liberals were going to save the day.. I wish they would make up their fucking minds...

Last edited:

You’re about to see what happens when an authoritarian tries to usurp the authority of the People.

Nancy Pelosi is going to squeeze Trumps balls until he screams.
Bwaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa...Is that with her palsy hands or someone else's hands?

OK. Just to be clear, nuclear arms, yes or no?
Again, this is the type of legalistic BS-over-common-sense I am talking about. That has to be one of the stupidest f*ing questions in this debate I have heard.

Years ago the Democrats wrote a bill outlawing citizen ownership of 'MISSILES' and submitted it for passage into law. People with common sense asked 'why would anyone write and want to pass such an un-necessary law'...and they started digging into the bill. Buried in the bill were 2 lines...THAT ATTEMPTED TO DEFINE BULLETS AS 'MISSILES'.
:wtf:

CUT THE LEGSALISTIC CRAP!

Right, because your feels are more important than what the laws actually say.

80,000 people killed by guns in the last two years. Nope, not over regulated.
Bullshit! Were any laws broken in the committing of those 80,000 deaths or were they all 'LEGAL' killings?

People being killed does not mean there were no regulations / laws that existed / exist that were broken!

You’re about to see what happens when an authoritarian tries to usurp the authority of the People.

Nancy Pelosi is going to squeeze Trumps balls until he screams.
Bwaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa...Is that with her palsy hands or someone else's hands?

Does that really matter? It's his tiny balls being squeezed.

full auto is NOT illegal in all states Bulldog !! And it should be LEGAL in ALL States Bulldog .

National gun violence is a major problem. Much bigger than Trump's fear-mongering about more border wall.

There should be a National Emergency on driving first seeing I am more likely to die on this country road system than being killed in a mass shooting...

There is no Constitutional Amendment that says you have the right to drive a car...

Funny. By today's standards - the 2nd Amendment sounds like it was written by a bunch of retards. It is confusing and obsolete.
why do you say that? in my opinion, our Founding Fathers did an most Excellent job with our Constitution and supreme law of the land.

There is nothing ambiguous about it.

1129695645.jpg.0.jpg

The House speaker warned Republicans about the precedent Trump could set by declaring a national emergency to secure border wall funding.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday warned about the dangerous precedent President Donald Trump could set if he declares a national emergency to secure funding for his border wall.

“I know the Republicans have some unease about it, no matter what they say,” Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol. “Because if the president can declare an emergency on something that he has created as an emergency, an illusion that he wants to convey, just think of what a president with different values can present to the American people.”

Pelosi said the situation at the U.S.-Mexico border doesn’t constitute an “emergency,” as Trump has framed it, but rather a “humanitarian challenge.”

“You want to talk about a national emergency?” Pelosi said. “Let’s talk about today, the one-year anniversary of another manifestation of the epidemic of gun violence in America. That’s a national emergency.”

Pelosi was referring to the Feb. 14, 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. She noted that a Democratic president could declare a national emergency on gun violence and warned Republicans to carefully consider the precedent Trump would set by using his executive power to override Congress.

“Democratic presidents can declare emergencies as well,” Pelosi said. “So the precedent that the president is setting here is something that should be met with great unease and dismay by the Republicans.”

More: Pelosi To GOP: A Democratic President Could Declare National Emergency On Guns

What goes around comes around. Go Nancy!
Not what she said. She said "gun violence." Get your facts straight.

Forum List

Back