Pelosi’s pork: Park Service siphoned $200 million to former speaker’s pet project

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Scum always rises to the top.

But because the MSM is the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party stories such as these never gain traction.

Our Republic is dying with complicit MSM.

The National Park Service broke agency rules to send an exorbitant share of park maintenance money to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s district, including the entire $200 million pot of money that Congress included in last year’s budget-climate bill.

Director Charles F. Sams revealed to Congress that higher-ups at the Interior Department ordered him to ensure that the Presidio, a park in Mrs. Pelosi’s district, got the money. He was told they had concluded it was Congress’ intent when it allocated the $200 million — even though the law didn’t say that.

Mr. Sams acknowledged last week that sending the money violated several of his agency’s norms.
With a couple of other projects, Mrs. Pelosi’s district collected nearly a quarter of the entire amount of funding that Congress authorized last year for reducing the maintenance backlog at park service sites, Republican lawmakers said. A quarter of the money for one of 435 districts would be seriously out of proportion.
NPS to us stands for the National Park Service. We’re very concerned that this has become Nancy’s Park Service,” Rep. Thomas Tiffany, Wisconsin Republican, told Interior Secretary Deb Haaland.
Rep. Bruce Westerman, Arkansas Republican and chairman of the Natural Resources Committee, said Mrs. Pelosi tried to get the money included in the climate-budget bill, officially known as the Inflation Reduction Act, but it was struck because of “high objection” from other lawmakers. He said he was shocked when the money went to the project anyway.
“The perception is that this was a payoff to Speaker Pelosi,” Mr. Westerman said.
Ms. Haaland suggested that she was miffed.
“I want to assure you that we follow the law on every single thing that we do. I cannot speak to the specifics of the situation at this time,” she said.

But because the MSM is the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party stories such as these never gain traction.

The National Park Service broke agency rules to send an exorbitant share of park maintenance money to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s district, including the entire $200 million pot of money that Congress included in last year’s budget-climate bill.
Director Charles F. Sams revealed to Congress that higher-ups at the Interior Department ordered him to ensure that the Presidio, a park in Mrs. Pelosi’s district, got the money. He was told they had concluded it was Congress’ intent when it allocated the $200 million — even though the law didn’t say that.
Mr. Sams acknowledged last week that sending the money violated several of his agency’s norms.
With a couple of other projects, Mrs. Pelosi’s district collected nearly a quarter of the entire amount of funding that Congress authorized last year for reducing the maintenance backlog at park service sites, Republican lawmakers said. A quarter of the money for one of 435 districts would be seriously out of proportion.
NPS to us stands for the National Park Service. We’re very concerned that this has become Nancy’s Park Service,” Rep. Thomas Tiffany, Wisconsin Republican, told Interior Secretary Deb Haaland.
Rep. Bruce Westerman, Arkansas Republican and chairman of the Natural Resources Committee, said Mrs. Pelosi tried to get the money included in the climate-budget bill, officially known as the Inflation Reduction Act, but it was struck because of “high objection” from other lawmakers. He said he was shocked when the money went to the project anyway.
“The perception is that this was a payoff to Speaker Pelosi,” Mr. Westerman said.
“I want to assure you that we follow the law on every single thing that we do. I cannot speak to the specifics of the situation at this time,” she said.

Washington Times

rightcenter011.png

MBFCMixed.png

• Although the Washington Times has an extreme right editorial bias, they report straight news with a much lower bias. Therefore, we rate them right-center biased overall. We also rate them Questionable and factually mixed due to poor sourcing, holding editorial positions contrary to scientific consensus, and numerous failed fact checks.
On January 7th, 2021, the day after Trump supporters stormed the Capitol Building in Washington DC, The Washington Times falsely published an article claiming Antifa was behind the attack. They subsequently corrected the article after it was proven false: Facial recognition firm claims Antifa infiltrated Trump protesters who stormed Capitol.
Operations Holdings Inc is the Washington Times owner, owned by the Unification Church of South Korea, through their holding company HSA-UWC (Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity). In 1954, Reverend Sun Myung Moon founded this religious movement in South Korea, known for its mass weddings, and its members are referred to as “Moonies.” According to a Guardian article, former members have claimed that the Unification Church is a religious cult that utilizes brainwashing techniques. Subscriptions and advertising fund the paper.

What's wrong with this situtation. I remember when Reverend Moon from South Korea was a fruitcake by both Reps and Dems because he is.

She used her political influence to provide park funds for people in her district.

Oh the horror.

Will this be another "lock her up" moment?

She used her political influence to provide park funds for people in her district.

Oh the horror.

Derp.

Derp.

Woah! Violated "norms"?

I missed that damning piece of information.

Gym needs to investigate now! Inflation rate bills can take a back seat while this is looked into!

i’m sure the Park Servive could of used that money combating the next wildfire in Cali

Maybe she and her husband were unable to make enough money with their insider trading so had to look for a different source of income.

Oh the horror.

She tried to get that money in the budget for her park and it was rejected. So they went behind the budgets back and it received the funds anyway.

Insider trading is illegal. Was Nancy charged?
what nancy was doing wasn't insider trading...she was using the intel she learned via Congress, through legislation proposed etc to trade stock.

Once this was exposed, a new law was created called the STOCK Act....it's pretty new...came about in 2012...after the 2011 story broke of Nancy's scam

what nancy was doing wasn't insider trading...she was using the intel she learned via Congress, through legislation proposed etc to trade stock.

Once this was exposed, a new law was created called the STOCK Act....it's pretty new...came about in 2012...after the 2011 story broke of Nancy's scam

Ok then. So what is the point? Nancy did something legal?

Ok then. So what is the point? Nancy did something legal?
I didn't say what she did was a crime at the time she did it. but something can be corrupt while not being illegal. I am glad the Congress step up and made her conduct a crime

I didn't say what she did was a crime at the time she did it. but something can be corrupt while not being illegal. I am glad the Congress step up and made her conduct a crime
Ok. Thanks for the info.

If your last sentence means what I think it means, I agree with you. Insider trading has been a huge problem in politics.

Forum List

Back