Penney's going bankrupt

A few years ago, JC Penney's decided to embrace the homosexual lifestyle and name Ellen DeGeneres as a spokesperson, as I remember.

The Homosexual Community that they decided to embrace has abandoned them, and that was that. If you remember when the Dixie Chicks decided to tell their traditional fans to "Get Lost" as they were going to seek a more sophisticated audience which was less deplorable. That was basically it for them at the top of the charts. This is the same.

Department stores are dying off.

Did Sears embrace the gay lifestyle? They were gone bankrupt long before Penny's. How about Montgomery Ward's? They've been gone for a decade.

I think your straw man is small and poorly constructed.

A few years ago, JC Penney's decided to embrace the homosexual lifestyle and name Ellen DeGeneres as a spokesperson, as I remember.

The Homosexual Community that they decided to embrace has abandoned them, and that was that. If you remember when the Dixie Chicks decided to tell their traditional fans to "Get Lost" as they were going to seek a more sophisticated audience which was less deplorable. That was basically it for them at the top of the charts. This is the same.

Penney's has had problems for a long time. Where is your evidence that they are suffering more because of Ellen?
PP is a homophobe....everything that has to do with gay people triggers him/her.

Penney's has had problems for a long time. Where is your evidence that they are suffering more because of Ellen?
PP is a homophobe....everything that has to do with gay people triggers him/her.

Not at all. You just don't get my point here. Penney's went out of its way to get the Homosexual Market, yet the gays disrespected the company by not shopping there. Penney's would have clearly done better reaching out to normative shoppers.

I think the chain will be able to turn the corner out of bankruptcy TBH. They need to get out of some of these mall contracts though. Malls are the titanic at this point.

Yeah....JC is the classic case of a really decent retailer with totally shitty management. Don't know who is calling the shots over there but a few things I noticed about them:

1.) Very slow to keep up with changes in Trends....hey JC....watch Amazon Closely.....they are able to change in a moment.
2.) Stores are clunky and disorganized....hard to find your way around....not well demarcated....you don't know if you're in the Boys section or the Men's section.
3.) No help in sight....and when you approach them they get a look of terror in their eyes and run the hell the other way
4.) Location.....the Malls usually suck for accessibility....though JC manages to have a front door in most of the Malls they are in the traveling, parking and other pain in the ass items associated with mall shopping are an absolute plague to them.
Hey JC....watch Walmart closely and copy them ....they have the location and parking thing down pat...trust me.
5.) Sales pitch is waaaaaaaay to Generic and has no specific targets.....this is a death sentence to a sales department.

Other than that I wish them well....like I said they are a quality retailer that has more or less just lost their way.

JO

Not at all. You just don't get my point here. Penney's went out of its way to get the Homosexual Market, yet the gays disrespected the company by not shopping there. Penney's would have clearly done better reaching out to normative shoppers.

Probably a closeted CEO.....yeah that was a stupid move because before they did that their problem was not enough target markets....idiot decision.

JO

Trump will bail them out. It’s the American Way.

Department stores are dying off.

Did Sears embrace the gay lifestyle? They were gone bankrupt long before Penny's. How about Montgomery Ward's? They've been gone for a decade.

I think your straw man is small and poorly constructed.

Sears, like Penny failed to be flexible enough to change with the Trends....

JO

Penney's has been in trouble a lot longer than picking Ellen as their spokesbabe. More people like Ellen than dislike her.

The real problem, Brick and Mortar was largely dying already, but not with Covid-19, the final nail has been driven into their coffin.

JC Penney isn't going out of business because gays didn't shop there...

Jcpenney has been on the decline for a long time... Once they were the redheaded Stepchild between Sears and Wards but now their time has come to say goodbye...

Just people do not shop the way we did when growing up and online is more important after Kung Flu Pandemic kicked our ass...

???

So you are saying that Homosexuals do shop at Penney's? That means you suggesting that the Gay Market for fashion isn't big enough to keep a department store in business?

It'll be sad when they're gone.
Back in the day, when you went shopping, you were likely headed to Sears, Penny's or Montgomery Wards.

Along with Sears and Penney's, we also had a few regional chains in New York when I was a kid: Abraham & Strauss (known as "A&S"), Korvette's, Klein's, Billy Blake's and Grant's. I don't remember there ever being a Montgomery Ward's on Long Island, though...

In high school I was a porter at Grant's.
When I cleaned the public restrooms, that's where I discovered that women were bigger slobs than men. The women's room was always disgusting compared to the men's restroom.

???

So you are saying that Homosexuals do shop at Penney's? That means you suggesting that the Gay Market for fashion isn't big enough to keep a department store in business?

No. Please, try to be smarter.

You took the position that JC Penney is going out of business because they "embraced the gay lifestyle". That's not true. Gays choosing to shop there or not shop there isn't the reason for their business woes...

It's fascinating how you focus on the Gay. There's a very good reason for that.

???

No. Please, try to be smarter.

You took the position that JC Penney is going out of business because they "embraced the gay lifestyle". That's not true. Gays choosing to shop there or not shop there isn't the reason for their business woes...
He's got Gay on the brain.....he's in danger of becoming a garment bag.

It's fascinating how you focus on the Gay. There's a very good reason for that.

You are the expert on gay. Right, rug muncher?

Forum List

Back