Pennsylvania Dem forced to resign from local party over ‘Stand for the flag’ Facebook post

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Pennsylvania Dem forced to resign from local party over ‘Stand for the flag’ Facebook post

A county Democratic official in Pennsylvania says he was forced to step down over a Facebook post saying he "[stands] for the flag." … Mark Salvas, the former executive director of the Allegheny County Democratic Party, told Pittsburgh's KDKA News that the county party chair asked him to resign after just weeks on the job.... Salvas, a former Marine and Gulf War veteran, told KDKA that his forced departure was prompted by two social media posts, including one photo of him and his wife with the words: "I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross."... "I'm not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic," Salvas told KDKA. "It's never easy when people you have never met accuse you of things and call you names, and you've never met them."

~~~~~~
A big welcome to another #Walkaway Democrat. Mark Salvas is pretty typical of a lot of old-school Western PA Democrats. The door is open for Republicans to recruit voters if the state party here were not too STOOOOOOPID to take advantage of it. Just one more confirmation that Democrats hate America and hate God. The friend of the working man crap runs deep and is very entrenched but there are a lot of cracks in that wall. You’d think the steel mills being shut down would have opened their eyes to being sold out by union bosses and power-hungry Progressive Democrats. There are people in Western Pennsylvania who STILL believe that Democrats will bring back the mills along with all of the overcompensated union jobs, if only they could elect the "right" Democrat politician. It's a form of stupid you can't fix.

Forum List

Back