🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pentagon eliminates gender restrictions on all military jobs

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
I'm fine with this. If they can meet the standards, then let them serve. One more step toward total gender equality in the military. The final component is to now apply selective service requirements to women as well.

Women will now be eligible to join the Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces and other Special Operations Units. It also opens the Marine Corps infantry, a battle-hardened force that many service officials had openly advocated keeping closed to female service members.

“There will be no exceptions,” Carter said. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before.”

In historic decision, Pentagon chief opens all jobs in combat units to women

Absolutely. And i think it's pretty clear that since the deadline for any objections was next month that nobody was putting forth anything valid.

That said, it's still going to be a bit before anything really changes, and there will be people that make that change harder.

I am also all for this. If they want to serve, let them. If they can't hack it, they'll find out soon enough and beg to get out.

I'm fine with this. If they can meet the standards, then let them serve. One more step toward total gender equality in the military. The final component is to now apply selective service requirements to women as well.

Women will now be eligible to join the Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces and other Special Operations Units. It also opens the Marine Corps infantry, a battle-hardened force that many service officials had openly advocated keeping closed to female service members.

“There will be no exceptions,” Carter said. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before.”

In historic decision, Pentagon chief opens all jobs in combat units to women

There will be some members of the training cadre that will intentionally single the females out for difficult training. and/or mental and physical harassment.

Some training cadre members and Drill Sergeants / Drill Instructors, at times, single out blacks - Hispanics - European trainees - and Asian Trainees. It is a Military fact of life. Either in initial training ( "Boot Camp" or the MOS school house; singling out.....picking on a trainee happens.

I recall one Drill Sergeant, he disliked Cubans. And it showed. Overtly and openly showed.

Singling out a trainee / cadet is never the answer. But in a Male Environment, inside the Combat Arms field it may very well happen. Will this be a pilot program? Will there be people looking over the Cadres shoulders to see how the women are doing, and to make sure they receive equal treatment?

Women perform EOD jobs. You cannot be physically deficient to be in EOD. Nor can you be ignorant. So, some men applicants.......may very well get out done. Will this pizzzzzz some people off, to include Commanders whom have women applicants outdo their male counterparts?

Unless you have served, I see no reason for those whom have never wore the uniform to comment on this thread. The US Military is a unique animal. If you have never faced the animal, then you most likely have no room to comment. If you were not a female or male in "Boot Camp" whom set up and retrieved a claymore mine, filled out a range card, went on a 12 mile ruck march with full gear, fire a machine gun at 900 yards, put M203 rounds on target, done countless pushups and situps and then went on a 4 or 5 mile rune before breakfast, completed a land navigation class.....at night ==== then you have no room to chastise or criticize women whom have done so.

There are those who can, and those who cannot.......in both sexes.

Shadow 355

I am also all for this. If they want to serve, let them. If they can't hack it, they'll find out soon enough and beg to get out.

Some people just want to test themselves. Some people want to know what they can and cannot do physically, mentally and emotionally.

Shadow 355

"Pentagon eliminates gender restrictions on all military jobs"

As it should.

Well done.

Wrong, no they should not have.

They should have done some studies and reviews, and put women in slowly and seen how it went ; instead of take a big bite of the pie all at once.

This would have let the small mistakes and inconsistences get repaired easily and in a timely manner. Now that they just opened the doors all at once instead of slowing opening the doors ; this leaves room for a giant cluster that may give the Military a black eye.......ON THE PART of associated problmes, not the entrance of women.

There needs to be some over site for quite a while. that makes sure this is done in a fair manner though. No sense in spending money if we start hazing, singling out women trainees.

Shadow 355

Oh yes, I think this is wonderful. What a bunch of brilliant people we are, sending our mothers, daughters, and wives to fight a bunch of barbarian rapists. Did you see what they did to that woman reporter from 60 minutes?

By all means though, let us be PC; in fact, if ever there is a draft, the females should have to go too!

I am telling you, this country is out of hand as far as being controlled by the left. They have made a mockery of what this country stands for, and how our society works.

I wonder how many women will meet the standards.

I estimate for Special Operations - 15%.....about. The stress will be on competing with the males, so most women will go the extra mile and push themselves to the envelope to excel with the men. Bank on it.

As long as the Military stays away and avoids the "G.I. Jane Cadre", it should fair well.

For Armor - Infantry - Artillery....ect. The results should be good.

I just hope a truck load of Article 32s don't come out of this. That is why the Pentagon should have done this slowly instead of all at once.

Shadow 355

I estimate for Special Operations - 15%.....about. The stress will be on competing with the males, so most women will go the extra mile and push themselves to the envelope to excel with the men. Bank on it.

As long as the Military stays away and avoids the "G.I. Jane Cadre", it should fair well.

I just hope a truck load of Article 32s don't come out of this. That is why the Pentagon should have done this slowly instead of all at once.

Shadow 355
Havent they done it slowly? What would you call allowing women in the military at all?

Shadow 355

It has been implemented slowly. There have been some gradual lifting of restrictions, and this current development is the culmination of a three year process.

A thought.

Men tend to take things head on with brute force.

Women tend to be calculating and devious.

It's kinda like - "Here. You go ahead and storm that bunker. I'll go around back and sneak up on 'em."

Forum List

Back