Pentagon releases al Qaeda bomb expert from Guantánamo

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
The Pentagon on Thursday announced the transfer of two Guantánamo detainees, including an al Qaeda explosives expert who developed bombs to target U.S. forces.
Tariq Mahmoud Ahmed al-Sawah, 58, was transferred to Bosnia, where he holds citizenship. He is an admitted member of the terror group who developed specialized bombs, or improvised explosive devices (IEDs), to use against U.S. military forces and civilians, according to hisofficial file posted by The New York Times.

"These IEDs included the limpet mine to sink US naval vessels and the prototype for the shoe-bomb used in a failed attack on a civilian transatlantic flight," his file said.
Al-Sawah's file also notes that while he will possibly reestablish "extremist associations," his cooperation with the U.S. government makes it unlikely he will do so.
The review board set up by President Obama to review remaining detainee transfers decided to release him last February.
The Pentagon also announced the transfer of Abd al-Aziz Abduh Abdallah Ali al-Suwaydi, a 41-year-old Yemeni, to Montenegro.

Our CIC is doing a fine job of helping our enemies. I'm tired of it!

Why don't we hear more about these releases? Obama know full well, that these prisoners are going back into the radicals and be a threat to us. I really wonder about his patriotism and/ or senses!

From the link:
Abdul Aziz Abdullah Ali al Suadi is a 41-year-old citizen of Yemen. As of Jan. 21, 2016, he has been held at Guantánamo for 13 years eight months. As of January 2010, the Guantánamo Review Task Force had recommended him for transfer to Yemen provided that certain security conditions were met.*

Gitmo review board is slang for Obama?

....gigidty

Lock him up for another 13 years on the OP!

...gigidty

Tell Yemen theres a guy on the net who knows better!

...gigidty

And the Guantanamo Review Board knows Obama's promise..get rid of these prisoners as fast as you can no matter what will take place after their release

Why don't we hear more about these releases? Obama know full well, that these prisoners are going back into the radicals and be a threat to us. I really wonder about his patriotism and/ or senses!
Putin is busy killing terrorists in the middle east and Obama is putting TOP TIER TERRORISTS in Putin's back yard.

The Idiot in Chief will release them all before he gets out of office. His EGO requires him to do so, because he promised this would be his legacy.........................

Doesn't matter if they return to the fight to him. His EGO must be fed.

The Pentagon on Thursday announced the transfer of two Guantánamo detainees, including an al Qaeda explosives expert who developed bombs to target U.S. forces.
Tariq Mahmoud Ahmed al-Sawah, 58, was transferred to Bosnia, where he holds citizenship. He is an admitted member of the terror group who developed specialized bombs, or improvised explosive devices (IEDs), to use against U.S. military forces and civilians, according to hisofficial file posted by The New York Times.

"These IEDs included the limpet mine to sink US naval vessels and the prototype for the shoe-bomb used in a failed attack on a civilian transatlantic flight," his file said.
Al-Sawah's file also notes that while he will possibly reestablish "extremist associations," his cooperation with the U.S. government makes it unlikely he will do so.
The review board set up by President Obama to review remaining detainee transfers decided to release him last February.
The Pentagon also announced the transfer of Abd al-Aziz Abduh Abdallah Ali al-Suwaydi, a 41-year-old Yemeni, to Montenegro.

Just more appeasement

And the Guantanamo Review Board knows Obama's promise..get rid of these prisoners as fast as you can no matter what will take place after their release

:itsok: Where would you be without speculation? :itsok:
Where would the stock market be WITHOUT speculation?
Where would the space shuttle be WITHOUT speculation?

Would you like more videos of you CIC saying he's going to close Gitmo? I can provide many more.

What am I wrong about?

You cant be wrong or right...thats how speculation works. You cant prove it.

The Gitmo review board was doing the work god asked of them.

Prove it wrong.

See?
God??? Whoa! Now that I wasn't expecting. I think you had better check those videos again. That's the president, as incompetent as he is, and cannot be confused with God no matter how hard you try.

What am I wrong about?

Prove it wrong.

See?
Here ya go... believe it or not, this person is NOT God.

What am I wrong about?

Prove it wrong.

See?
God??? Whoa! Now that I wasn't expecting. I think you had better check those videos again. That's the president, as incompetent as he is, and cannot be confused with God no matter how hard you try.

You havent proved it wrong. Do you get it now?

How many terrorists is this now, what's the total Obama has released since 2009?

What am I wrong about?

Prove it wrong.

See?

Just a lying so and so therefore.

What am I wrong about?

Prove it wrong.

See?

Is so. :funnyface:

Forum List

Back