People who watch

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
People like Iron Head don't watch good TV!

That is why we have a billion shitty reality shows for every Game of Thrones! The majority of TV shows except for Game of Thrones and The Expanse are shitty fucking drivel!

These reality show watching idiots should be removed from the gene pool!

I agree that there isn't a whole lot of good programming these days, especially on network TV.
I think that the explosion of "reality" shows came about as a result of the writers' strike back in '88 (5+ months), the commercial actors' strike in '00 (nearly 6 months), and the writers' strike in '07 (3 and a half months). With each strike, it got worse.
Since "reality" shows don't need a real script or card-carrying actors (and thus are cheaper to make by far), producers realized that each one is a gravy train that can't be easily derailed by industry events. Then you have to factor in the copycats that see the (so-called) successes of Survivor and the like, and put their own shows out hoping to cash in as well. The more shows that make it, the more that are spawned.
Also an issue are network execs that have their finger poised over the CANCEL button, ready to ditch any show that doesn't live up to their elevated expectations of revenue generation.

That being said, there's one reality show that I would actually watch, if it were to be made:
A variation of the "Survivor" theme... All contestants are dropped off in the geographical center of the African continent, stark naked, with the only goal being to make it to a coast.

That is why we have a billion shitty reality shows for every Game of Thrones! The majority of TV shows except for Game of Thrones and The Expanse are shitty fucking drivel!

What sort of "good" TV show would let Jon Snow die like he did last season?

I like really good TV but I also watch crap sometimes just to unwind. You're not always in the mood for Downton Abbey. Sometimes Housewives of Whatever is just what you need at any given moment. I like some gossip at times too.

HBO and Showtime series are my favs usually tho.

I like really good TV but I also watch crap sometimes just to unwind. You're not always in the mood for Downton Abbey. Sometimes Housewives of Whatever is just what you need at any given moment. I like some gossip at times too.

Hello Sarah G., nice seeing you around..:party:

Hi Lumpy. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

All the best to you and yours Sarah, as always.... ummm, unless you're kicking my butt of course...:laugh:.

All the best to you and yours Sarah, as always.... ummm, unless you're kicking my butt of course...:laugh:.
Well I and my Democrats hope to kick your butt in the elections but other than that, I'm usually pretty peaceful at the holidays. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Did you get your shopping done yet?

Well I and my Democrats hope to kick your butt in the elections but other than that, I'm usually pretty peaceful at the holidays. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Did you get your shopping done yet?

I'm that pathetic fellow you see shopping around on Christmas Eve... but .. I'm hopeful this year will be different..:smile:

I'm that pathetic fellow you see shopping around on Christmas Eve... but .. I'm hopeful this year will be different..:smile:
Go out Friday. It'll be like a shock to your system and help you to change your wicked Christmas shopping ways.

Go out Friday. It'll be like a shock to your system and help you to change your wicked Christmas shopping ways.
I hate meandering crowds, I'd almost rather go to the dentist for a root canal..

Forum List

Back