Perfect example for 2nd amendment rights.

My proposal would be to register gun buyers, not guns.

In Canada, buying a gun takes about 60 days. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license. In fact, they have to notify any significant other you lived with in the prior two years that you are buying a gun. And you have to take a gun safety course.

I would propose something similar. You take a safety course, and an in-depth background check is performed. I don't know how I feel about notifying your spouse or significant other you are buying a gun, but my wife likes that idea a lot. I could see how women would like this idea.

Once you meet these requirements, you are certified as a legal gun buyer.

Then you can go into any gun shop and the salesman can check your legal status on the computer. Then you can buy whatever you wish, and the government is not informed of what you bought.

Once you are certified as a legal gun buyer, you can buy or not buy guns, and the government won't know the difference.

Unlike the rich elitist left wing commies protected by armed guards and behind walls, the middle class who dont have such luxuries, perfect example.

Gentleman breaking into the persons home with a machete with the intention of killing the man and his wife.

Fucking left wingers are losers. Esepcially the rich hypocritical white ones.

What is your proposal for mitigating the 11,000+ gun homicides in the US each year?

I can't stop 11000 murders but If I can stop one (mine or my wife's) that's good enough reason to have a gun

What if you can stop 1 murder by limiting the firepower or magazine capacity of a gun in a school shooters hands. Say 16 deaths instead of 17 cause he had less bullets or had to reload... would that be worth it?

No.

Because all he would have to do is bring more than one gun or more than one magazine

If he brought the same amount of guns and the same amount of magazines but they had less capacity and firepower then there would be less damage. Common sense man

In Canada, magazines are limited to 5 rounds!

I'm pro-gun. I've offered a proposal many times.

I am curious to know if the topic starter has anything other than rabies foam in his head.
Fair enough, but in the OPs defense---

There is no REAL or effective solution other than everyone being responsible for their own personal security. Any other solution will not fix that problem. I will be HAPPY to go through each proposed solution one by one, and demonstrate how I am right.
Many advanced nations have found solutions which have drastically reduced their homicide rates. So to say there is no effective solution is a total fabrication.

EXAMPLES PLEASE -

For example, our homicide rate is three times times higher than Canada's.

Our gun homicide rate is 42 times higher.

I have outlined Canada's gun control laws in post 41.

In Canada, you can own an AR-15 but AK-47s are banned outright.

Weird, right?

Your AR-15 can only be fired at a gun range, and you have to be licensed.

Unlike the rich elitist left wing commies protected by armed guards and behind walls, the middle class who dont have such luxuries, perfect example.

Gentleman breaking into the persons home with a machete with the intention of killing the man and his wife.

What is your proposal for mitigating the 11,000+ gun homicides in the US each year?

I can't stop 11000 murders but If I can stop one (mine or my wife's) that's good enough reason to have a gun

What if you can stop 1 murder by limiting the firepower or magazine capacity of a gun in a school shooters hands. Say 16 deaths instead of 17 cause he had less bullets or had to reload... would that be worth it?

This is a good line of questioning.

If we make it more difficult to obtain guns, then we save lives. This has proven to be the case in other advanced nations.

It has not been proven.

The UK saw a rise in their murder rate after they passed ultra strict gun laws and their murder rate did not fall below what it was before the ban

Screen+Shot+2012-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.26+PM.png

In fact the murder rate in London is greater than the murder rate in NYC despite the strict UK gun Laws

So how do you explain that?

To be clear, is your graphic showing a range of 11-18 homicides per million people per year?

If we make it more difficult to obtain guns, then we save lives. This has proven to be the case in other advanced nations.

It has not been proven.

The UK saw a rise in their murder rate after they passed ultra strict gun laws and their murder rate did not fall below what it was before the ban

In fact the murder rate in London is greater than the murder rate in NYC despite the strict UK gun laws

You are missing the forest for the trees!

The UK has always had stricter gun control than the US.

So look at the left side of your chart. Notice anything?

The homicide rate in the UK is 0.92 per 100,000.

The homicide rate in the US is 4.88 per 100,000.

Our murder rate is more than five times that of the UK.

Whoever made that chart had to show murders per MILLION to make the homicide problem look bigger than it is.

Even at their worst period, their homicide rate was only about a third of ours.

Stick to the topic boy, lose your control issues. As the video shows , a gun is a great way to stop a murder.

Only if you are fixated on numbers. One murder equals a thousand murders. People die individually, and are mourned individually by their family and friends. The seven year old shot and killed in his front yard by a gangbanger that couldn't shoot straight, is just as horrible to his family as each of the seventeen teenagers deaths were to their families. The sole difference was the selective attention of the national news media.

That only shows thru 2011. It is even much higher now.

It has not been proven.

In fact the murder rate in London is greater than the murder rate in NYC despite the strict UK gun laws

London murder rate overtakes New York as knife crime rises
But British politicians and police are increasingly expressing concern about London’s rising murder rate, which is driven by a surge in knife crime. Of the 47 murders in London so far this year, 31 have been committed with knives.

Britain’s interior ministry said it was consulting on new laws to further restrict dangerous weapons, including banning online stores from delivering knives to residential addresses and making it an offence to possess certain weapons in public.

What are you talking about? Next time try a little harder to make your point, you got to caught up in trying to insult the Left to actually clearly communicate what the fuck you were wanting to say.

He said all that needed to be said in the title but the stupid forum rules require we drool a little in an opening post.

I am curious to know if the topic starter has anything other than rabies foam in his head.

There is no REAL or effective solution other than everyone being responsible for their own personal security. Any other solution will not fix that problem. I will be HAPPY to go through each proposed solution one by one, and demonstrate how I am right.
Many advanced nations have found solutions which have drastically reduced their homicide rates. So to say there is no effective solution is a total fabrication.

EXAMPLES PLEASE -

How many black and Hispanic gang members (who commit 80% of our violent gun crimes) does Canada have?

But British politicians and police are increasingly expressing concern about London’s rising murder rate, which is driven by a surge in knife crime. Of the 47 murders in London so far this year, 31 have been committed with knives.

Britain’s interior ministry said it was consulting on new laws to further restrict dangerous weapons, including banning online stores from delivering knives to residential addresses and making it an offence to possess certain weapons in public.
Cherry picking.

The UK homicide rate is less than a fifth of ours.

And that article refers to a very narrow two month period.

Why is knife crime rising? Would you rather go up against a guy with a knife or a guy with a gun?

EXAMPLES PLEASE -

How many black and Hispanic gang members (who commit 80% of our violent gun crimes) does Canada have?
Crime is not cause by race. It is primarily caused by poverty.

The USA is not, and never has been, like other advanced nations. Americans are independent minded, distrustful of government at all levels, and resistant to any government effort to control their wants.

Prohibition and the war on drugs has pretty well proven that Americans will get what they want, when they want it, whether government likes it or not. Millions of semi-automatic weapons are in the hands of criminals and the black market that supplies them. Neither you, nor the government, has a snowball's chance in hell of getting those guns away from them.

Why is knife crime rising? Would you rather go up against a guy with a knife or a guy with a gun?
I'd rather go up against a guy with a knife with my gun.

The USA is not, and never has been, like other advanced nations. Americans are independent minded, distrustful of government at all levels, and resistant to any government effort to control their wants.

Prohibition and the war on drugs has pretty well proven that Americans will get what they want, when they want it, whether government likes it or not. Millions of semi-automatic weapons are in the hands of criminals and the black market that supplies them. Neither you, nor the government, has a snowball's chance in hell of getting those guns away from them.

So, in short, your solution is NOTHING.

Meanwhile, the Left is offering Plan A, and Plan B, and so forth.

This is how the Left advances.

EXAMPLES PLEASE -

Murder, by gun, or any other weapon, has little to do with poverty. And, since the vast majority of those in poverty do not commit crimes, the poverty defense is nonsense. Hopelessness is the driver of violent crime, including gang banging.

EXAMPLES PLEASE -

Murder, by gun, or any other weapon, has little to do with poverty. And, since the vast majority of those in poverty do not commit crimes, the poverty defense is nonsense. Hopelessness is the driver of violent crime, including gang banging.
Huh? Where do you that stat from? I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of criminals in jail and gang bangers in the streets are in or from poverty. I see it first hand with the youth I work with in my community. Poverty is a huge driver of crime, how can you think otherwise?

Forum List

Back