Permanent War: Obama Sending More Troops to Syria...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
And of course the 'Anti-War Left' remains silent. The man's Nobel Peace Prize should be rescinded.

US President Barack Obama confirmed plans to dramatically increase the American troop presence in Syria by deploying an additional 250 personnel, bringing the total to 300. He said the troops would help drive out the Islamic State terrorist group.
The move, which was first reported by the media, will once again contradict Obama’s 2013 promise of not putting any“American boots on the ground in Syria.”

“Just as I have approved additional support for Iraqi forces against ISIL (Islamic State, previously ISIS/ISIL - RT), I've decided to increase US support for local forces fighting ISIL in Syria,” Obama said.

“A small number of US special operations forces are already on the ground in Syria,” he said. “Their expertise has been critical as local forces have been driving ISIL out of key areas. So given the success, I have approved the deployment of up to 250 additional US personnel in Syria, including special forces, to keep up this momentum.”...

More:
More boots on the ground: Obama sends 250 more US troops to Syria

same as every president since the Gipper,serving the interests of the bankers and their wars.:thup::clap:

One may be a pacifist, just as one may not believe in killing anything, however, if their home became infested with rats, I promise you they will be setting traps and calling the exterminator... Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

One may be a pacifist, just as one may not believe in killing anything, however, if their home became infested with rats, I promise you they will be setting traps and calling the exterminator... Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

Nah, it's their Civil War. We shouldn't have gotten involved. But Americans sure do love their war i guess. It's what America does best these days.

Translation. Good when a dem wars it up. Bad when a R wars it up.

I don't think it matters who does it... War is war. And each war is different. Going to war with the wrong country because we are told there are wmd's is quite different from aiding in the fight against a terrorist group that is killing people all over the world. And like it or not we are engrained in the fight over there. To pull everything out would be stupid and destructive. It needs to be done in a very strategic an deliberate way.

If ISIS pulls off something like 9/11, all the current pants shitters will be screaming at whoever is President for NOT invading Syria ahead of the attack.

That's all our current crop of politicians are thinking about. They are all about covering their asses.

It's the pants shitters who are driving this militarism.

I don't think it matters who does it... War is war. And each war is different. Going to war with the wrong country because we are told there are wmd's is quite different from aiding in the fight against a terrorist group that is killing people all over the world. And like it or not we are engrained in the fight over there. To pull everything out would be stupid and destructive. It needs to be done in a very strategic an deliberate way.

I thought they were both wrong. I would have continued to use sadam as a hedge to iran. Now, look at that whole ME shithole.

What bothers me most about this is all the lying. For months the administration has been saying that there will be no boots on the ground. Now they put boots on the ground. And when a reporter challenged them on it they said it was never their position to keep boots off the ground. Wth?

If they change their mind, fine. Go to congress and get authorization and make your case. Don't sneak them in during a business news cycle and pretend there has been no policy change

In May 1961, JFK authorized sending an additional 500 Special Forces troops and military advisors to assist the pro-Western government of South Vietnam. By the end of 1962, there were approximately 11,000 military advisors in South Vietnam; that year, 53 military personnel had been killed. The president would soon send additional military advisors to support the South Vietnamese Army. By the end of 1963, the numbers had risen to 16,000.

JFK Library: Military Advisors in Vietnam

What bothers me most about this is all the lying. For months the administration has been saying that there will be no boots on the ground. Now they put boots on the ground. And when a reporter challenged them on it they said it was never their position to keep boots off the ground. Wth?

If they change their mind, fine. Go to congress and get authorization and make your case. Don't sneak them in during a business news cycle and pretend there has been no policy change

Yeah, and i found it very interesting that along with this announcement, he acknowledged that we've had troops in Syria for years. But oh well, i guess Americans really do love their war. This guy had the most accurate enlightening take on it...

he hasn't created enough Muslim refugees to import into our country for his and the UNs liking. so it's now going into the EIGHT country in the middle east to screw up.

snip:

Says President Barack Obama has launched "twice as many strikes (on) countries that are predominantly Muslim" than President George W. Bush.

LZ Granderson on Sunday, September 28th, 2014 in comments on CNN's "State of the Union"

LZ Granderson: Obama has bombed twice as many Muslim countries as Bush
By Lauren Carroll on Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 2:56 p.m.

Last week, we fact-checked the New Yorker’s Washington correspondent Ryan Lizza, who tweeted, "Countries bombed: Obama 7, Bush 4." We rated that claim True.

In light of recent U.S. military involvement in the Middle East, some say the voters who put President Barack Obama into office in 2008 didn’t sign up for this.
all of it here:
LZ Granderson: Obama has bombed twice as many Muslim countries as Bush

but he did receive a peace prize to play a joke on us all.

SCHIZO: Obama has bombed twice as many Muslims as Bush.

SCHIZO: Obama is a Muslim-loving Muslim!

snip:
'Peace' President? How Obama came to bomb seven countries in six years
US has engaged in conflict in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and now Syria
from: How Obama came to bomb seven countries in six years

Obama has bombed twice as many Muslim countries as Bush ...from
02 | October | 2014 | What in the world is going on?obama-has...

and NOT one peep from all them ANTI-war leftwingers we saw under Bush. how weird is that?

but hey. they did give Obomber a peace prize as a joke on US

and the fact the Bush administration is running around free as a bird instead of being prosecuted for the war criminal he is proof what a sick government we are here in the states and how evil it is.

And of course the 'Anti-War Left' remains silent. The man's Nobel Peace Prize should be rescinded.

US President Barack Obama confirmed plans to dramatically increase the American troop presence in Syria by deploying an additional 250 personnel, bringing the total to 300. He said the troops would help drive out the Islamic State terrorist group.
The move, which was first reported by the media, will once again contradict Obama’s 2013 promise of not putting any“American boots on the ground in Syria.”

“Just as I have approved additional support for Iraqi forces against ISIL (Islamic State, previously ISIS/ISIL - RT), I've decided to increase US support for local forces fighting ISIL in Syria,” Obama said.

“A small number of US special operations forces are already on the ground in Syria,” he said. “Their expertise has been critical as local forces have been driving ISIL out of key areas. So given the success, I have approved the deployment of up to 250 additional US personnel in Syria, including special forces, to keep up this momentum.”...

More:
300 specialty troops OMG he sent in an invading army! Lol I don't like Obama and I think we need to let Syria burn, but take the tinfoil hat off!

More:

He has to

Bibi wants to steal some Syrian Real state before everything is said and gone.

The US is not through with Syria until the Israeli Knesset says so.

More:
300 specialty troops OMG he sent in an invading army! Lol I don't like Obama and I think we need to let Syria burn, but take the tinfoil hat off!

No offense, but you sound like a beliggerent dunce. We shouldn't have any troops in Syria.

Forum List

Back