Person of the Year

My girlfriend is thrilled that Taylor Swift is Person of the Year. Is there anyone more popular?

That Taylor Swift is considered Person of the Year speaks volumes about the pathetic state of musical entertainment these days. She is a moderately good singer but lacks the vocal quality/talent of most artists of the 40's through much of the 80's and 90's. She is a pretty good song writer but her music is pretty one note with little variation in style or even melodies when you can find a melody. That she is considered the best or one of the best of the current crop of entertainers is pretty sad actually to those of us who grew up with strong lyrics, beautiful melodies, great song styling.

No question she is immensely popular but a Billionaire Person of the Year should be involved in more philanthropy.
Charity concerts, a cause associated with her, Taylor Swift Foundation

Dating a Football Star doesn’t count
:dunno: It does look like she does some charity. Didn't know that charity concerts were a given if you are a major star.

Sure you have.
You'd be surprised. I was just at a famous musicians funeral back in January by invitation, but of course, you would never believe that.

She's making millions
A tribute to the banal stupidity of the young masses. These are the same people who voted for Joe Biden. Oh wait--- don't they get their voting recommendations from Taylor?! :auiqs.jpg:

You'd be surprised. I was just at a famous musicians funeral back in January by invitation, but of course, you would never believe that.

A tribute to the banal stupidity of the young masses. These are the same people who voted for Joe Biden. Oh wait--- don't they get their voting recommendations from Taylor?! :auiqs.jpg:

Politics. Sad. I can't understand people who allow politics run their lives.

How about maybe Elon Musk? Look at what the guy has done both for space exploration as well as advancing the electric car. Sure beats the pants off of Taylor Swift (no pun intended).
Don't forget Starlink--I am now able to stream. Something ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg or anyone else couldn't seem to accomplish in our area and the antennae doesn't collect snow--ask DISH, Hughesnet or DirectTV what happens to their reception in a snow storm.

Meanwhile, the Ass Blaster Douche Bag in the WH right now is deciding how to run your life by telling you what you can eat, what you can cook with and what you will drive in a few years.

I don't recall that ever happening. I guess I'm not paying attention?

That Taylor Swift is considered Person of the Year speaks volumes about the pathetic state of musical entertainment these days.
speaks volumes about what is important to the world population. The MSM promotes one person and suddenly that person is person of the year. I can think of many that have had a bigger effect on the world.

:dunno: It does look like she does some charity. Didn't know that charity concerts were a given if you are a major star.
She does. Her number one charity I believe is the "Make a Wish Foundation" that gives very ill children their wish. It is reported that she does a lot of visitation to such children in hospitals and such. I have no criticism of her at all as a person. As celebrities go she is usually more wholesome than most and avoids a lot of controversial nonsense. It is only recently that she has come out in support of Democrats but keeps her politics pretty low key.

I don't recall that ever happening. I guess I'm not paying attention?

You're not aware of the government trying to ban real meat because cows fart, ban gas stoves for climate change, and phase out ICE cars by the year 2035 so you will HAVE to buy an EV? And I can name many other examples.

I've had direct experience with DISH. Their crap is lucky to work in clear weather.
Me too. They were the best we had in the area and I suffered through their crap for ten years. When I called to cancel, I got the biggest BS runaround I've ever been subjected to. I wouldn't refer them to my worst enemy.

Forum List

Back