Phantom Thread trailer (reportedly final film of Daniel Day Lewis)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017

Usually, I wouldn't be interested in this type of period piece film, but it's Daniel Day Lewis reuniting with P.T. Anderson. It's also reportedly the last film that Daniel Day Lewis will make, but actors/actresses have said that before.

Daniel Day-Lewis has said that before, actually.

The Boxer was supposed to be his last.

I'm not sure how I feel about this trailer. I appreciate that it doesn't tell you too much, but it also doesn't tell me enough to get me super excited to watch it. I don't like every P.T. Anderson movie. I didn't care much for Magnolia or Punch Drunk Love. But I loved Boogie Nights, The Master, and There Will Be Blood.

Inherent Vice was a bit of a disappointment as well. I will probably end up seeing this just based on DDL and P.T. Anderson being involved.

I will see it just because it's DDL. He and Gary Oldman are our best chameleons. Oldman plays Churchill next month.

I'm getting tired of Daniel Day Lewis. I hope this movie blows. Of course it will probably be amazing, and he'll win an Oscar for it. Stupid Daniel Day Lewis. :(

I'm getting tired of Daniel Day Lewis. I hope this movie blows. Of course it will probably be amazing, and he'll win an Oscar for it. Stupid Daniel Day Lewis. :(

Yeah, I don't like every movie DDL has been in either, but I admit he always brings his A game.

Forum List

Back