Pharaohs of the Bible

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I am just running through the Bible and figure I might as well post this stuff as I go. Perhaps someone will find these observations useful.

Joseph came into Egypt when king Akhenaten was Pharaoh, 1352–1334. Moses was born when king Ay was Pharaoh, 1324–1320. King Horemheb was Pharaoh for 28 years, 1320–1292. He died as stated in Exodus 2:23. This started the reigns of the three generations of Ramesses I, Seti I, and Ramesses II. The Exodus started in 1262 when Ramesses II's first born died. Back this up 80 years, plus however long the Moses took to convince Ramesses II to let the children of Israel go. This would put Moses birth about 1322. I expect that Horemheb was behind trying to kill Moses. Horemheb was not heir by birth. He was the chief of the army for Tutankamun and Ay, hence in-charge of killing babies. Notice Moses older brother by 3 years was not killed and the Bible only mentions two midwives by name so the Pharaoh was not trying to kill every single Hebrew baby but was trying to get Moses, since he would have been the heir to the Egyptian throne. King Horemheb was no fan of King Ay. King Horemheb destroyed images of Ay and kings of the Amarna Period, started by whom? King Akhenaten of course. King Horemheb was also behind an attempt to frame Moses for the murder of an Egyptian. An episode which caused Moses to flee Egypt. Moses was in Midian when King Horemheb died and King Ramesses I came to power. It was at this point where the cry from the children of Israel reached the ears of God. Also of note during the reign of king Merneptah a stele created in 1208 was found with the only mention of Israel found in ancient Egypt. This would have been 48 years after the exodus began, or 8 years after the children of Israel came out of the wilderness.

Sorry for the messy presentation but I am just tossing out what I find interesting.

List of pharaohs - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia (Individual Pharaohs are linked from this list.)
Merneptah Stele - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I am just running through the Bible and figure I might as well post this stuff as I go. Perhaps someone will find these observations useful.

Joseph came into Egypt when king Akhenaten was Pharaoh, 1352–1334. Moses was born when king Ay was Pharaoh, 1324–1320. King Horemheb was Pharaoh for 28 years, 1320–1292. He died as stated in Exodus 2:23. This started the reigns of the three generations of Ramesses I, Seti I, and Ramesses II. The Exodus started in 1262 when Ramesses II's first born died. Back this up 80 years, plus however long the Moses took to convince Ramesses II to let the children of Israel go. This would put Moses birth about 1322. I expect that Horemheb was behind trying to kill Moses. Horemheb was not heir by birth. He was the chief of the army for Tutankamun and Ay, hence in-charge of killing babies. Notice Moses older brother by 3 years was not killed and the Bible only mentions two midwives by name so the Pharaoh was not trying to kill every single Hebrew baby but was trying to get Moses, since he would have been the heir to the Egyptian throne. King Horemheb was no fan of King Ay. King Horemheb destroyed images of Ay and kings of the Amarna Period, started by whom? King Akhenaten of course. King Horemheb was also behind an attempt to frame Moses for the murder of an Egyptian. An episode which caused Moses to flee Egypt. Moses was in Midian when King Horemheb died and King Ramesses I came to power. It was at this point where the cry from the children of Israel reached the ears of God. Also of note during the reign of king Merneptah a stele created in 1208 was found with the only mention of Israel found in ancient Egypt. This would have been 48 years after the exodus began, or 8 years after the children of Israel came out of the wilderness.

Sorry for the messy presentation but I am just tossing out what I find interesting.

List of pharaohs - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia (Individual Pharaohs are linked from this list.)
You do know that any historical evidence that supports the Word of God is considered "hate facts"?

You do know that any historical evidence that supports the Word of God is considered "hate facts"?
There does not seem to be that much agreement on which Pharaohs were in power during certain Biblical periods. Which I don't see why. There are not that many Pharaohs to chose from. I mean there are many but only one at a time.

Forum List

Back