Philadelphia woman arrested for planning to join ISIS

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
A 30-year old woman from Philadelphia has been charged with trying to join the Islamic State. Federal Prosecutors say she knowingly attempted to travel overseas to provide material resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization.
Thomas posted the following statement on Twitter, according to the criminal complaint against her.
“If we true knew the realities, we would all be rushing to join our brothers in the front lines pray ALLAH accept us as shuhuda (martyrs),” she tweeted.
She then deleted her Twitter account and applied for a US passport and contacted an Islamic State fighter in Syria.
Prosecutors allege they asked her if she wanted to be a martyr to which she replied, “that would be amazing…a girl can only wish.” She then made arrangements to fly to Spain and Turkey.
isis-philly-woman-fbi2.si.jpg

Why is ISIS so popular in the US? How long will our citizens join terrorist forces to follow jihad?
I don't understand why does it happen.
Is there a threat that not Americans come to Islamic State but Islamic State comes to America?

She should have just written them a letter advising them on the US political system...then she'd be OK.
It's in vogue to be penpals with a repressive terrorist regime apparently.

For gods sake, let these dumb fucks go. Good fucking riddance I say.
Let her become one of their whores, who the fuck cares ?

Not bad, dude. However you don not know when and where will this whore come back. Do you need another Boston marathon?
She will feel more comfortable in GITMO thanks to Obbie.

Not bad, dude. However you don not know when and where will this whore come back. Do you need another Boston marathon?
She will feel more comfortable in GITMO thanks to Obbie.

I would immediately revoke her citizenship, visa, or whatever she previously had that allowed her to be in the country. Once she's gone, she would be considered an enemy combatant and lose the right to come back.
There's always the possibility she would get back in illegally, but hopefully she would die with these scumbags long before she had any illusions about coming back.

A 30-year old woman from Philadelphia has been charged with trying to join the Islamic State. Federal Prosecutors say she knowingly attempted to travel overseas to provide material resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization.
Thomas posted the following statement on Twitter, according to the criminal complaint against her.
“If we true knew the realities, we would all be rushing to join our brothers in the front lines pray ALLAH accept us as shuhuda (martyrs),” she tweeted.
She then deleted her Twitter account and applied for a US passport and contacted an Islamic State fighter in Syria.
Prosecutors allege they asked her if she wanted to be a martyr to which she replied, “that would be amazing…a girl can only wish.” She then made arrangements to fly to Spain and Turkey.
isis-philly-woman-fbi2.si.jpg

Why do we arrest them, instead of buying them one way tickets?
Why is ISIS so popular in the US? How long will our citizens join terrorist forces to follow jihad?
I don't understand why does it happen.
Is there a threat that not Americans come to Islamic State but Islamic State comes to America?

Forum List

Back