Photo from Obama's inauguration unravels liberal claims that 'Betsy Ross' flag is racist

ME: While that ignorant punk Colin Kaepernick is crying about our flag, here is a reminder of of Obama's use of the racist flags. Happt 4th to all!

Photo from Obama's inauguration unravels liberal claims that 'Betsy Ross' flag is racist
LINK Photo from Obama's inauguration unravels liberal claims that 'Betsy Ross' flag is racist

A photograph from the 2013 inauguration of former President Barack Obama should put to rest the sudden claims from some that the "Betsy Ross" American flag is a racist dog-whistle.

D-jOOarWwAADfck.jpg

1200x600.jpg
That was 10 years ago. Things change, you wiley racists are always looking for new symbols to co-opt when we figure out the current ones.
"Things change?" So it wasn't racist then, but it's racist now?

Eh?
The flag has no ties to confederacy. Most historians agree it's design is most likely tied to flags flown in Boston at the time, and that she chose a circle of stars after a popular design of a halo made of stars. The stripes was a very popular design by a multitude of national flags and family crests.

It does today.

:rolleyes:
Only if you are a leftist who seeks to alter history to meet an agenda.
Little diddy... you can't change history. It is what it is. And always will be.
Anything else is changing it to meet some preconception or desire to make it something else..
Welcome to the New Democrat Party. Revisionist, fascist and will not tolerate differences in opinion.
Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia

Your point?
The first confederate flag was designed 90 years after Betsy Ross's flag.
That's like saying Ancient Troy were Nazis because they had an an insignia that is the source of the Nazi Swastika.
That is just plain ignorant.
You can't condemn something for looking similar to something that came much later. What a sophomoric way of thinking.

It’s pathetic how deep and meticulous Liberals will go to paint US as the most racist nation in the World. AMERICA ..... RACIST....... NAZI..... OPPRESSION.....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Logic will tell you US is the most tolerant Nation in the World. We evolved from slavery.... African, Muslim, and Asian nations have NOT.
Yep, and then they claim they don't hate America.

It does today.

Anything else is changing it to meet some preconception or desire to make it something else..
Welcome to the New Democrat Party. Revisionist, fascist and will not tolerate differences in opinion.

Your point?
That's like saying Ancient Troy were Nazis because they had an an insignia that is the source of the Nazi Swastika.
You can't condemn something for looking similar to something that came much later. What a sophomoric way of thinking.

It’s pathetic how deep and meticulous Liberals will go to paint US as the most racist nation in the World. AMERICA ..... RACIST....... NAZI..... OPPRESSION.....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Logic will tell you US is the most tolerant Nation in the World. We evolved from slavery.... African, Muslim, and Asian nations have NOT.

And you notice how Penelope disappeared from the thread, though still logged in.
It shows the kind of ignorance that is out there, and how the left media will support ignorance if it is aligned with their idealism... and how the sheep like Penelope will willingly take hold of it even if they know it is factually incorrect.
Goes right along with the moronic statement AOC made saying "factually correct doesn't make it true"... blows the mind.

No liberal has claimed the Betsy Ross flag is racist. Colin Kapernick is the only person who called that flag racist. As a card carrying liberal, I think this whole line of thinking is ridiculous.

However, the Confederate Flag is a whole other issue.

What Confederate Flag? I never see any confederate flags being flown anywhere.
The display of flags used by and associated with the Confederate States of America (1861–1865) has continued, with a long interruption, into the present day, with the "Southern cross" used in the battle flag of General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia gaining the most popular recognition as a modern symbol of the Confederacy, and by extension, the Southern United States in general. Such displays have been made for a variety of reasons, with Southern heritage, states' rights, and historical commemoration among the stated reasons for particular uses. Displaying the flag has long been controversial in the United States, due to the flag's longstanding associations with racism, slavery, segregation, white supremacy, and treason.[1][2][3] Many Southerners associate the Confederate battle flag with pride in their heritage and traditions, but for many outsiders it is impossible to separate the flag from its association with the defense of slavery and racial bias.[4]

As I stated, I never see the Confederate Flag being flown by “right wingers”.

1200px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861%E2%80%931863%29.svg.png

I guess you haven't seen all those Southern white supremacists, like Dylann Roof, who posted pictures of himself holding the Confederate Flag.

I don't know of any other country in the world, which displays the symbols of the rebels who lost a Civil War, or erects statues to their leaders. At the very least, it keeps alive respect for people who tried, and failed, to destroy your country and who killed hundreds of thousands of your countrymen.
Statue of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, Seattle, Washington, USA:

lenin statue seattle.jpg

ME: While that ignorant punk Colin Kaepernick is crying about our flag, here is a reminder of of Obama's use of the racist flags. Happt 4th to all!

LINK Photo from Obama's inauguration unravels liberal claims that 'Betsy Ross' flag is racist

A photograph from the 2013 inauguration of former President Barack Obama should put to rest the sudden claims from some that the "Betsy Ross" American flag is a racist dog-whistle.

D-jOOarWwAADfck.jpg

1200x600.jpg
That was 10 years ago. Things change, you wiley racists are always looking for new symbols to co-opt when we figure out the current ones.
It was probably the Russians. You ought to look into that.

D-jOOarWwAADfck.jpg

1200x600.jpg
"Things change?" So it wasn't racist then, but it's racist now?
I'm sure it's just coincidence the guy who publicly proclaimed it's racist is making money now only by calling things racist.

In more recent times, the Betsy Ross flag has been used as a symbol by white supremacist and nationalist groups. For some, the Betsy Ross flag is just a reminder of the country's history. Still, its origin is steeped in a time period where America was a slavery-driven and openly racist country. The values of that era persist within American culture, with white supremacist groups like the Ku Klux Klan using the Betsy Ross Flag in its propaganda in more recent times. Nike was right to pull it.

No liberal has claimed the Betsy Ross flag is racist. Colin Kapernick is the only person who called that flag racist. As a card carrying liberal, I think this whole line of thinking is ridiculous.

The display of flags used by and associated with the Confederate States of America (1861–1865) has continued, with a long interruption, into the present day, with the "Southern cross" used in the battle flag of General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia gaining the most popular recognition as a modern symbol of the Confederacy, and by extension, the Southern United States in general. Such displays have been made for a variety of reasons, with Southern heritage, states' rights, and historical commemoration among the stated reasons for particular uses. Displaying the flag has long been controversial in the United States, due to the flag's longstanding associations with racism, slavery, segregation, white supremacy, and treason.[1][2][3] Many Southerners associate the Confederate battle flag with pride in their heritage and traditions, but for many outsiders it is impossible to separate the flag from its association with the defense of slavery and racial bias.[4]

1200px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861%E2%80%931863%29.svg.png

I guess you haven't seen all those Southern white supremacists, like Dylann Roof, who posted pictures of himself holding the Confederate Flag.

I don't know of any other country in the world, which displays the symbols of the rebels who lost a Civil War, or erects statues to their leaders. At the very least, it keeps alive respect for people who tried, and failed, to destroy your country and who killed hundreds of thousands of your countrymen.

View attachment 267765
Let's take it down.

In more recent times, the Betsy Ross flag has been used as a symbol by white supremacist and nationalist groups. For some, the Betsy Ross flag is just a reminder of the country's history. Still, its origin is steeped in a time period where America was a slavery-driven and openly racist country. The values of that era persist within American culture, with white supremacist groups like the Ku Klux Klan using the Betsy Ross Flag in its propaganda in more recent times. Nike was right to pull it.
It's considered polite to include a link to text you post.

Is the Betsy Ross Flag Racist? Meaning, History and Symbolism Behind U.S.A.'s 13-Star Flag

View attachment 267765
Let's take it down.
No, then we're no better than the left.

I can't help but question, however, the motives of the people who put it there. I have no such question about their loyalties.

Your point?

And you notice how Penelope disappeared from the thread, though still logged in.
It shows the kind of ignorance that is out there, and how the left media will support ignorance if it is aligned with their idealism... and how the sheep like Penelope will willingly take hold of it even if they know it is factually incorrect.
Goes right along with the moronic statement AOC made saying "factually correct doesn't make it true"... blows the mind.
The stupidity of some Americans is difficult to comprehend. especially the ones who vote for dingbats like AOC

Hitler was a vegetarian, so that means all vegetarians are Nazis.

Nope, I’ve never seen a picture of him holding a confederate flag. Even if he did, what does that have to do with Republicans or other conservatives?

You still seem to be confused on what a confederate flag is. The flag most southerners display is one that represented them before the civil war, and continues to today, the Virginia Battle Flag. That is most certainly not the Confederate Flag. Why don’t you stick to your side of the border, your ignorance of America is astounding.

In more recent times, the Betsy Ross flag has been used as a symbol by white supremacist and nationalist groups..........

Who gives a fuck. So every time some dope uses a national symbol it has to be flushed down the crapper? You GIVE those people power by letting them destroy stuff in you mind, do you realize that?

Last edited:
So once again, an idiotic argument.
Again, by your pronouncement virtually all nations on earth should abandoned all traces of their heritage. All of it. Because there is not one major country on the planet that has no ties to some abhorrent behavior.
Instead of PRAISING a nation that not only moved past it's slavery, but became the most tolerant/diverse nation on the planet. Nooo...that would be egregious. We can't find good in America!!! We must go around parks all over the nation and destroy all monuments older than 1965! We must raid libraries and burn books!!!
We should outlaw the American flag!! It is based on slavery and racism!!!

God you people are ignorant.

what does that have to do with anything?

what does that have to do with anything?
Everything.
Like I said, it's like saying the Ancient Troy civilization should be banished from existence because their symbol was used by the Nazis in the design of the Swastika.
Because some ignorant backwoods imbeciles copied Betsy Ross's flag for their flag doesn't mean we should banish her flag. That is pure ignorance.

Eh?
The flag has no ties to confederacy. Most historians agree it's design is most likely tied to flags flown in Boston at the time, and that she chose a circle of stars after a popular design of a halo made of stars. The stripes was a very popular design by a multitude of national flags and family crests.

It does today.

Your point?

The most tolerantn nation in the world????? You don't travel much do you?

How many of the world's nation's have EVER had massive slavery? How many have had segregated schools? How many nations in the world have had public lynchings of minorities, denied minorities the right to vote, had to have the National Guard enforce integration of schools and public buildings? Except for slavery, all of this has happened in my lifetime, and I'm not really all that old.

You're still having race riots in your cities - Ferguson anyone? Study after study has shown that blacks and other minorities are routinely jailed for crimes that whites are give probation, or a discharge for. And the KKK, and other white supremacist organizations are very open in their beliefs. Court cases to deny gays the right to service, and even the right to marry, are still being fought, and women are not equal under your Constitution.

The USA is the LEAST TOLERANT NATION IN THE FIRST WORLD.

View attachment 267765

When did Lenin lead a civil war in the United States?

In more recent times, the Betsy Ross flag has been used as a symbol by white supremacist and nationalist groups..........

Who gives a fuck. So every time some dope uses a national symbol it has to be flushed down the crapper? People like you are so stupid its pathetic. You GIVE those people power by letting them destroy stuff in you mind, do you realize that?

You give them power by pretending they don't exist, and by allowing them to co-opt your symbols without complaint. A problem ignored does not go away.

So what. What would you think if those same white supremacist groups began using the Black Panthers symbols? Would you then declare those to be racist? What some asshole decides to do with a historic symbol is on them. When you allow them to dictate to you what is correct you become a greater fool than they are.

Forum List

Back