Pimco, Capital Group Say Era of Low Inflation Is Gone for Good

(Bloomberg) -- Some of the world’s biggest bond investors say the market is wrong to expect central banks to score a long-term win in the war against inflation.

It's a wall of text so here's the link:

Pimco, Capital Group Say Era of Low Inflation Is Gone for Good

I'm seeing a perfect storm of inflationary forces, most of which don't have much relief in sight.

The Fed can crash demand by dicking with the cost to borrow money, but they can't fix the supply chain issues or the fact that current tensions with China and Russia will make rebuilding the supply chain more expensive and less efficient than it was before.

All in all, expect prices to stay higher than normal because goods and materials will be harder to get.

Sounds like the Carter era all over again, but this time with social media to stoke the tension.
Supply chains are readjusting to the failure of China to commit to its industries the demand needed to satisfy billions of consumers, more companies are moving those supply chain productions back to the US.

There we go. That was the point I was getting at.
And?

The difference between me and your ilk is when Tater exits stage right I won't hardly even remember his name after a time, he's that inconsequential.....There's bigger fish to fry in getting shed of his handlers that dig into the .gov like ticks.

And?

The difference between me and your ilk is when Tater exits stage right I won't hardly even remember his name after a time, he's that inconsequential.....There's bigger fish to fry in getting shed of his handlers that dig into the .gov like ticks.

Trump could have exited and became irrelevant also. He chose not to.

Obama had Yellen raising rates to prevent inflation. Then Trump replaced her with Powell who lowered them while he had Mnuchin print, print, print 500% more money than all presidents in history COMBINED!

I missed this. No she didn't. She continued to say she was going to but then didn't.

What we need to do is hand out tons more free money for COVID and Ukraine...ummmmm .......ummmmm

I missed this. No she didn't. She continued to say she was going to but then didn't.
Yellen did raise rates in Dec 2015 until 2019
fredgraph.png

This isn't another labor shortage supply chain whine thread is it? Those have zero to do with inflation.

Forum List

Back