Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plan for China’s Xi to stay in power indefinitely sparks criticism

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
'Two-term limit' censored in China as Xi to stay in power indefinitely

Is China going back to the Emperor concept? Or..did they ever really leave it?

"China's plan for President Xi Jinping to remain in office indefinitely saw censors block satirical commentary and online searches for "two-term limit," also triggering comparisons to North Korea's ruling dynasty.

Criticism on social media platforms sparked a concerted propaganda push by Monday.

The ruling Communist Party's Central Committee proposed to remove from the constitution the expression that China's president and vice president "shall serve no more than two consecutive terms," the Xinhua News Agency reported Sunday.

That means the 64-year-old Xi, who also heads the party and the military, might never have to retire.

Term limits on officeholders have been in place since they were included in the 1982 constitution, when lifetime tenure was abolished.

The proposal will be passed by delegates loyal to the party at next month's annual meeting of China's largely rubber-stamp parliament. It is part of a package of amendments to the country's constitution.

But it seems the party will have its work cut out trying to convince some in China that the move will not end up giving Xi too much power.

"Argh, we're going to become North Korea," wrote one Weibo user, where the Kim dynasty has ruled since the late 1940s. Kim Il Sung founded North Korea in 1948 and his family has ruled it ever since.

"We're following the example of our neighbor," wrote another user.

The comments were removed late on Sunday after Weibo, China's answer to Twitter, began blocking the search term "two-term limit.""

Couldnt they just vote him out? Or is voting in china only theater? lol
I did hear that they deleted posts on their version of twitter that included "two term limit" or something like that.

LoL!

They're censoring Winnie the Pooh!!

China's move to abolish presidential term limits is more unpopular than the government thought — so it's turning to censorship

Pictures of Winnie the Pooh also flooded social media
5a93a619aae60529008b4588-750-375.jpg
Xiao Lu Chu/Getty Images
There are also multiple reports that pictures of Winnie the Pooh are being censored.

Chinese netizens have previously used pictures of the character to poke fun at Xi, who is thought to look similar to the cartoon bear.

This past weekend, photos of Winnie wearing a crown, sitting in a throne, and hugging a honey pot spread on Weibo.

Not only have some of these pictures been censored, but, according to a tweet from the cyber analyst Fergus Ryan, the phrases "Disney China" and "Winnie the Pooh" have also been banned.

ALREADY POSTED THIS FOOL........ AS YOU POKE FUN AT WHAT I POST YOU POST THE SAME BS. see loon just because a certain source isn't your cup of T doesn't mean it is any LESS true dumbass... lol

upload_2018-2-26_12-26-8.png

ALREADY POSTED THIS FOOL........ AS YOU POKE FUN AT WHAT I POST YOU POST THE SAME BS. see loon just because a certain source isn't your cup of T doesn't mean it is any LESS true dumbass... lol

View attachment 179131
So what? Yes..even a clock is right a couple times a day. I'll place my credibility against your any day of the week. I don't post the same BS fool---your conspiracy shyte and your inane habit of caps...that's all you.

Thanks for the post..had I seen it..I would have not posted this one.

Lol..you missed Winnie the Pooh, though!

View attachment 179131
So what? Yes..even a clock is right a couple times a day. I'll place my credibility against your any day of the week. I don't post the same BS fool---your conspiracy shyte and your inane habit of caps...that's all you.

Thanks for the post..had I seen it..I would have not posted this one.

Lol..you missed Winnie the Pooh, though!

Well at least i[m not a dick reporting your post unlike leftist pricks. bahaahha
no worries... just razzing yah. for the tin foil hat alex meme . =)

I did hear that they deleted posts on their version of twitter that included "two term limit" or something like that.

Wait until they hand China over our Internet Id codes. that should be real lovely. China is taking over everything and gawd dam people are asleep.

Wait until they hand China over our Internet Id codes. that should be real lovely. China is taking over everything and gawd dam people are asleep.
China..well..China is China. The net..free flow of information..is their greatest enemy..and this may be a misstep. Trying to rule the largest country in the world..one-highhandedly---I don't see it working.

China..well..China is China. The net..free flow of information..is their greatest enemy..and this may be a misstep. Trying to rule the largest country in the world..one-highhandedly---I don't see it working.

China is surely taking over in more ways than we have paid attention to though.

From real estate
land buying
company owner ship
etc, etc....

As far as the apple thing that is real dangerous omg wtf is wrong with Apple doing this. That is considered
Espionage

taking our information and handing it over to another Country. It is our own private icloud ID information. Here check this article out it's the one from Reuters.......even they are concerned.
Oh yeah and they wouldn't even hand over the key codes to the FBI which is good , but not the point with this case.

SAN FRANCISCO/BEIJING (Reuters) - When Apple Inc begins hosting Chinese users’ iCloud accounts in a new Chinese data center at the end of this month to comply with new laws there, Chinese authorities will have far easier access to text messages, email and other data stored in the cloud.

Apple moves to store iCloud keys in China, raising human rights fears

Forum List

Back