Pledge of Allegiance skipped, Muslim poem read at Boston school on 9/11

Mohja Kahf’s “My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Sink of the Bathroom at Sears,” tells a granddaughter’s account of watching her grandmother adhere to the religious Muslim custom of washing her feet five times a day, Boston.com reported. “Respectable Sears matrons shake their heads and frown,” Miss Kahf writes, “as they notice what my grandmother is doing … an affront to American porcelain … a contamination of American Standards by something foreign and unhygienic requiring civic action and possible use of disinfectant spray.” Read more: Pledge of Allegiance skipped, Muslim poem read at Boston school on 9/11 - Washington Times Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Shitty poem and a shitty thing to do with your feet in the sink to pray.

I love their excuse... that they didn't realize the person reciting the pledge wasn't going to be there..

Just how hard would it have been to have someone else step in and give it? It's not as if it is something that is hard to remember.

an apology was issued and was stated as an oversight. Meh moving on from this non-story

an apology was issued and was stated as an oversight. Meh moving on from this non-story

It's the frequency of this kind of stuff happening across the nation that bothers me.

Could you imagine the uproar if some child had read a poem about how his grandmother was treated because she said a prayer in public at Christmas time or at Easter?

I demand that you keep Islam out of our schools just as you demand we keep Christianity out of the schools.

It's the frequency of this kind of stuff happening across the nation that bothers me.

Could you imagine the uproar if some child had read a poem about how his grandmother was treated because she said a prayer in public at Christmas time or at Easter?

I demand that you keep Islam out of our schools just as you demand we keep Christianity out of the schools.

doesnt bother me to keep it all out....Again you have the wrong dude to argue this against.

religious convictions do not allow them to avow to anyone other than their God.

Pledging to a flag, it's just a form of nationalistic redundancy of indoctrination. Like fish on Friday does not make you any closer to God.

Last edited:
Some gestures are too noble for the small people to understand.

religious convictions do not allow them to aver to anyone other than their God.

Pledging to a flag, it's just a form of nationalistic redundancy indoctrination. Like fish on Friday does not make you any closer to God.

I pledge allegiance to the flag
Of the United States of America, and
To the Republic for which it stands,
One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with
Liberty and Justice for all.

If you don't like this pledge, that's tough.

Last edited:
Some gestures are too noble for the small people to understand.

Pledging to a flag, it's just a form of nationalistic redundancy indoctrination. Like fish on Friday does not make you any closer to God.

Oh my!. You have the freedom to say it. I have the freedom not to.

Oh my!. You have the freedom to say it. I have the freedom not to.

You also have the freedom to still that forked tongue of yours and stop degrading my countrymen, churl!

Forum List

Back