🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Injured Anyway

Gun lovers are the only people on this planet who fail to see a connection between guns and gun violence.

Nothing to see here! Only six wounded! It's tougher to rationalize Sandy Hook, but Kennesaw should be a slam dunk!

Sure, there is a connection. Just as there is a connection between automobiles and drunk driving deaths.

Megyn Kelly said it best....

When asked if she preferred being attacked by one with a gun or one with a knife.....

her answer was....

"I would prefer having a gun to defend myself against either of them"

Gun lovers are the only people on this planet who fail to see a connection between guns and gun violence.

Nothing to see here! Only six wounded! It's tougher to rationalize Sandy Hook, but Kennesaw should be a slam dunk!

Sure, there is a connection. Just as there is a connection between automobiles and drunk driving deaths.

When asked if she preferred being attacked by one with a gun or one with a knife.....

her answer was....

Automobiles are not designed to kill.

I am not aware that forks make others fat. Guns make others dead.

One more poor rationalization from the gun lover crowd.

Are you really going to argue that it's the guns fault?
No. I am arguing that there is a connection between guns and gun violence.

No shit, a correlation between guns and gun violence....wow what a genius. And there probably is a connection between knives and knife violence. Now i dont have a study to prove it, but something tells me they might be related

Last edited:

her answer was....

Fair enough. I understand.

But guns purchased and owned by responsible gun owners are not for killing. They are for sport and/or self defense.

It is a whacko that uses it for unnecessary killing just as it is a sick dude that drinks and drives.

The issue is within the gun/car user. A car can cause as much carnage as a gun if not used properly.

What it is designed for is irrelevant. How it is used and by whom is the issue.

her answer was....

But guns purchased and owned by responsible gun owners are not for killing. They are for sport and/or self defense.

It is a whacko that uses it for unnecessary killing just as it is a sick dude that drinks and drives.

The issue is within the gun/car user. A car can cause as much carnage as a gun if not used properly.

Call me up when gangs start a demolition derby instead of a drive by shooting. Send me a PM when someone conceals a car to rob a liquor store. Let me know when 20 first graders are run down in their classroom. Should Adam Lanza's mother left her keys on the counter?

NY now has the safe act. You can no longer buy an assault style weapon. Well you can no longer buy one through a gun dealer who does an FBI background check on you amd records your purchase. But you can buy one off the streets. no background check, no records, no waiting period.

what were these politicians thinking

No, actually you don't know that. You'd have to have personal knowledge of all the times armed thugs/crazies DID follow the rules. I don't think you have that.

Wait...you're saying armed criminals stop at the 'no guns' sign and say "No, that would be breaking the rules"?

Are you really that ignorant?

No, I'm saying I'm not arrogant enough to declare I know what's in the heads of a bunch of wackos I never met. Because if I did say that I'd have to prove it.

I know. Deep thought huh?

But you're ignorant enough to believe a sign could possibly have any effect whatsoever on an armed thug.

Incredible.

That's what I said. I don't even know why y'all keep shunting off to this tangent of "gun free zones" in the first place. I understand it's a deflection, but it's weak. You don't think it actually works as argument do you?

Now you're just trolling. That's clearly NOT what you said.

Whatever, just as you denied the "cogent argument" and then admitted to it next post.

If you say so...:cuckoo:

Deny deny deny. I'm really not interested in debating gun free zones. I have no investment in it; I was exposing your illlogic. But it's a derailment tangent anyway. You can't defend gun culture, so you're falling on the crutch of "zoning". Still doesn't work.

Never tried to defend "gun culture", only the right to defend oneself without ridiculous impediments. Most definitely works!

Bottom line remains: absent a culture that worships guns and violence, such thugs and crazies don't pull shit like this.

Like in Norway? :lol::lol::lol:

There are still thugs and crazies but they're not obsessed with that which is not part of the culture. Absent a culture that worships guns, "gun free zones" don't exist because there's no basis for them.

You can say "worships guns" all you like, that doesn't make it so.

But let's look at the facts: There are over 100 countries that have a higher murder rate than the US and many others with higher violent crime rates, yet nearly all those countries have virtually banned civilian firearm ownership, which surely means they don't 'worship guns'. How is this possible?

But hey, maybe if they instituted more gun free zones, their murder rates would fall???

The question is not whether gun free zones work --- the question is why, whether they work or not, do they exist in the first place?

They exist because of leftist idiots that think if only a few more rules are imposed, bad things won't happen to good people. This has nothing to do with lawful firearm ownership.

Call me up when gangs start a demolition derby instead of a drive by shooting. Send me a PM when someone conceals a car to rob a liquor store. Let me know when 20 first graders are run down in their classroom. Should Adam Lanza's mother left her keys on the counter?

you are better than that.

But I can play the same diversion game....

Call me up when a drunk driver decides to take a gun and shoot his victims instead of hitting them. Send me a PM when a victim of a drunk driver wrote in a note before hand that he preferred dying by a gun shot. Let me know when the last 20 toddlers killed by drunk drivers had friends shot by a crazed gun man..

And Lastly.....

Should the wife of a drunk driver have left a gun on the counter?

Come on.....you know me...you know the point I am making....debate responsibly my friend.

Also there is a difference between owning a gun and carrying a gun.

No actually it's as though you're saying "this guy violated a gun free zone; therefore all gun free zones are violated". Doesn't work.

No
They are saying that the guy and others like him, picked the place because it is posted as a gun free zone.

I understand that's what they're saying. And as I just said, that's complete speculation. Because we dare not blaspheme Almighty Gun.

No it's not speculation.
It's reports, studies and statistics, along with common sense and logic.

The Facts about Mass Shootings | National Review Online

I believe our Law enforcement.
Gun-free zones have been the most popular response to previous mass killings. But many law-enforcement officials say they are actually counterproductive.

Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools.

I spoke with Lott after the Newtown shooting, and he confirmed that nothing has changed to alter his findings. He noted that the Aurora shooter, who killed twelve people earlier this year, had a choice of seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-minute drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn’t the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approximately 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons.

Would somebody like to verify this loose excuse and tell me, besides a police or sheriff's station, WHERE guns are allowed on business property?

I posted a pic of the facility with the No Guns sign clearly visible.
All businesses allow guns on their property, except those that are posted or those in anti gun states.

There you go again. Now you're going to have to prove that.

I think you are wrong. Most do not for obvious reasons, specifically their liability and commercial business insurance simply won't cover it. Ask the homeowner's association that paid over $1M to Trayvon Martin's family, dolt.

Unless a business specifically and clearly states that you can't carry a gun there, it's not illegal to carry a gun there.

If they ask you to leave, then you have to leave. Otherwise, you are trespassing.

I posted a pic of the facility with the No Guns sign clearly visible.
All businesses allow guns on their property, except those that are posted or those in anti gun states.

There you go again. Now you're going to have to prove that.

I think you are wrong. Most do not for obvious reasons, specifically their liability and commercial business insurance simply won't cover it. Ask the homeowner's association that paid over $1M to Trayvon Martin's family, dolt.

Unless a business specifically and clearly states that you can't carry a gun there, it's not illegal to carry a gun there.

If they ask you to leave, then you have to leave. Otherwise, you are trespassing.

You're arguing with someone who despises and hates guns but tries to wrap himself in the second amendment.

No
They are saying that the guy and others like him, picked the place because it is posted as a gun free zone.

I understand that's what they're saying. And as I just said, that's complete speculation. Because we dare not blaspheme Almighty Gun.

No it's not speculation.

Gun-free zones have been the most popular response to previous mass killings. But many law-enforcement officials say they are actually counterproductive.

Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools.

I spoke with Lott after the Newtown shooting, and he confirmed that nothing has changed to alter his findings. He noted that the Aurora shooter, who killed twelve people earlier this year, had a choice of seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-minute drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn’t the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approximately 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons.

Think companies are ever going to not be gun free? Who gets to fire the armed guy? All this pro gun talk of gun free zones is not practical.

Wait...you're saying armed criminals stop at the 'no guns' sign and say "No, that would be breaking the rules"?

Are you really that ignorant?

No, I'm saying I'm not arrogant enough to declare I know what's in the heads of a bunch of wackos I never met. Because if I did say that I'd have to prove it.

I know. Deep thought huh?

But you're ignorant enough to believe a sign could possibly have any effect whatsoever on an armed thug.

Really... where did I say anything remotely resembling that? The sign thing is your tangent, not mine. Now you're arrogant enough to declare what's in my head without my posting anything?

Incredible.

My sediments exactly.

If you say so...:cuckoo:

It's the way reality works.

There are still thugs and crazies but they're not obsessed with that which is not part of the culture. Absent a culture that worships guns, "gun free zones" don't exist because there's no basis for them.

You can say "worships guns" all you like, that doesn't make it so.

No it doesn't. It's already so.

But let's look at the facts: There are over 100 countries that have a higher murder rate than the US and many others with higher violent crime rates, yet nearly all those countries have virtually banned civilian firearm ownership, which surely means they don't 'worship guns'. How is this possible?

But hey, maybe if they instituted more gun free zones, their murder rates would fall???

Fuck dood.... what don't you get about this... "zones" are not my issue, any more than laws are. That's your red herring, wear it proudly. All I did was point out your specious reasoning in bringing it up. Get over your butthurt.

More to my point is this -- somebody brought up Switzerland (might have been the other thread). Switzerland has a higher gun ownership rate than any other country except Yemen, Serbia and of course, us. Yet they don't have stories like this every other week. Why not? Because they don't have a culture that worships guns and violence.

The question is not whether gun free zones work --- the question is why, whether they work or not, do they exist in the first place?

They exist because of leftist idiots that think if only a few more rules are imposed, bad things won't happen to good people. This has nothing to do with lawful firearm ownership.

I don't disagree with that but you miss the point. The question is -- regardless how wrongheaded or ineffective throwing laws or signs at the problem may be..... WHAT is the force that drives the creation of those laws and signs? What exactly is the problem that those measures are intended to address?

That's the elephant in the room. Always was. You keep deflecting to "zones" and "signs". They won't hide the elephant.

Last edited:
No

No it's not speculation.

Nope, still speculation. Let me hear it from the shooter's mouth and we'll talk turkey. Third parties speculating about somebody else's motives are still just that.

Forum List

Back