🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Injured Anyway

No actually it's as though you're saying "this guy violated a gun free zone; therefore all gun free zones are violated". Doesn't work.

No
They are saying that the guy and others like him, picked the place because it is posted as a gun free zone.

I understand that's what they're saying. And as I just said, that's complete speculation. Becuase we dare not blaspheme Almighty Gun.

Every mass shooting has occurred in a gun free zone. Do you think that is accidental?

There is a price to be paid for allowing guns, the price is similar to allowing automobiles, or bicycles. If we want people to have guns we have to expect people getting blown to bits including kids. They all come at a price.

No actually it's as though you're saying "this guy violated a gun free zone; therefore all gun free zones are violated". Doesn't work.

No, not at all. Allow me to be clear: I'm saying that armed thugs and crazies do not and have never followed the rules of a gun free zone.

No, actually you don't know that. You'd have to have personal knowledge of all the times armed thugs/crazies DID follow the rules. I don't think you have that.

Wait...you're saying armed criminals stop at the 'no guns' sign and say "No, that would be breaking the rules"?

Are you really that ignorant?

Wow, just wow.

Therefore, the idea of preventing good, law abiding citizens from the possibility of effectively defending themselves, which is exactly what a gun free zone does, is ridiculous and should not be imposed. That's not at all saying "all gun free zones are violated", which is clearly not the case.

That's what I said. I don't even know why y'all keep shunting off to this tangent of "gun free zones" in the first place. I understand it's a deflection, but it's weak. You don't think it actually works as argument do you?

Now you're just trolling. That's clearly NOT what you said.

There is a price to be paid for allowing guns, the price is similar to allowing automobiles, or bicycles. If we want people to have guns we have to expect people getting blown to bits including kids. They all come at a price.

There is no alternative. There are 350M guns in this country. Criminals will always have them. The only alternative is to let good guys have them too.

No
They are saying that the guy and others like him, picked the place because it is posted as a gun free zone.

I understand that's what they're saying. And as I just said, that's complete speculation. Becuase we dare not blaspheme Almighty Gun.

Every mass shooting has occurred in a gun free zone. Do you think that is accidental?

Probably, yeah. How many gun free zones are there? Particularly in workplaces?

Were the various victims of John Muhammad around various parts of DC in "gun free zones"? Were the victims of Charles Whitman in the tower at Austin? Again, I don't know why y'all insist on shunting off to the 'gun free zone' idea -- because nothing else works? Hey, how 'bout we make courtrooms open to guns. Just let suspects and LE shoot it out in court. Same logic.

Ooops....Sorry, 6 injured.

But otherwise so much for Wayne Lapierre's theory about the good guys with guns. Ain't working in his idea of Utopia:

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun

A gunman opened fire Tuesday morning at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Georgia. Six were shot, with their injuries ranging from minor to two in critical condition. Authorities report that the gunman is dead.
The Georgia facility is located in Kennesaw, near Atlanta, a quiet suburb unique in the U.S. for mandating every household own at least one gun. The law is not enforced, so the Kennesaw gun ownership rate hovers around 50 percent, according to its police chief. That’s still higher than the average rate of gun ownership in the U.S., estimated to be about 34 percent. When the law was enacted in 1982, Kennesaw had only 5,000 residents. Today, it has a population of 30,000.""

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun | ThinkProgress

Oh, and the shooter committed suicide. The good guys with guns were REALLY slow on the draw.

sorry, no guns allowed on the property. they should have listened to wayne

Probably, yeah. How many gun free zones are there? Particularly in workplaces?

Were the various victims of John Muhammad around various parts of DC in "gun free zones"? Were the victims of Charles Whitman in the tower at Austin? Again, I don't know why y'all insist on shunting off to the 'gun free zone' idea -- because nothing else works? Hey, how 'bout we make courtrooms open to guns. Just let suspects and LE shoot it out in court. Same logic.

There are many more non gun free zones. The fact you have to go back over 40 years says something. And btw, there were plenty of people with guns shooting at Whitman up in the tower.

Virtually all the high profile shooting cases in the last 10 years were in gun free zones. This is simply fact.

Would somebody like to verify this loose excuse and tell me, besides a police or sheriff's station, WHERE guns are allowed on business property?

why do liberals argue like 5 year olds?

Youre point was everyone is packing heat, you were stomped on because its a gun free zone.....you lose in that point alone.
your entire arguement is a fallacy, but then you say all businesses are like that. Its irrelevant, because you thought people had guns there, they didnt, just give up before you look even dumber

Last edited:
No, not at all. Allow me to be clear: I'm saying that armed thugs and crazies do not and have never followed the rules of a gun free zone.

No, actually you don't know that. You'd have to have personal knowledge of all the times armed thugs/crazies DID follow the rules. I don't think you have that.

Wait...you're saying armed criminals stop at the 'no guns' sign and say "No, that would be breaking the rules"?

Are you really that ignorant?

No, I'm saying I'm not arrogant enough to declare I know what's in the heads of a bunch of wackos I never met. Because if I did say that I'd have to prove it.

Wow, just wow.

I know. Deep thought huh?

Therefore, the idea of preventing good, law abiding citizens from the possibility of effectively defending themselves, which is exactly what a gun free zone does, is ridiculous and should not be imposed. That's not at all saying "all gun free zones are violated", which is clearly not the case.

That's what I said. I don't even know why y'all keep shunting off to this tangent of "gun free zones" in the first place. I understand it's a deflection, but it's weak. You don't think it actually works as argument do you?

Now you're just trolling. That's clearly NOT what you said.

Whatever, just as you denied the "cogent argument" and then admitted to it next post. Deny deny deny. I'm really not interested in debating gun free zones. I have no investment in it; I was exposing your illlogic. But it's a derailment tangent anyway. You can't defend gun culture, so you're falling on the crutch of "zoning". Still doesn't work.

Bottom line remains: absent a culture that worships guns and violence, such thugs and crazies don't pull shit like this. There are still thugs and crazies but they're not obsessed with that which is not part of the culture. Absent a culture that worships guns, "gun free zones" don't exist because there's no basis for them.

The question is not whether gun free zones work --- the question is why, whether they work or not, do they exist in the first place?

Last edited:
From the article, 34 percent who own guns nationwide. We need to get those numbers to around 60 percent.

Why? You like war zones?

And to think there were posters just a few minutes ago scoffing at the idea that we have a gun culture ............ thanks. :thup:

Gun lovers are the only people on this planet who fail to see a connection between guns and gun violence.

Nothing to see here! Only six wounded! It's tougher to rationalize Sandy Hook, but Kennesaw should be a slam dunk!

Gun lovers are the only people on this planet who fail to see a connection between guns and gun violence.

Nothing to see here! Only six wounded! It's tougher to rationalize Sandy Hook, but Kennesaw should be a slam dunk!

Its the same connection between forks and fat people. Every fat person used a fork to get that way! Ban forks now!

Its the same connection between forks and fat people. Every fat person used a fork to get that way! Ban forks now!

I am not aware that forks make others fat. Guns make others dead.

One more poor rationalization from the gun lover crowd.

Yes, forks make people fat like guns make people dead. It's all the tool's fault.

From the article, 34 percent who own guns nationwide. We need to get those numbers to around 60 percent.

Why? You like war zones?

And to think there were posters just a few minutes ago scoffing at the idea that we have a gun culture ............ thanks. :thup:

There is no war zone. Quit with melodramatics. I'd prefer it to be 100 percent but would settle for 60.

Are you really going to argue that it's the guns fault?

we have over 360,000,000 guns in this country. only .000035 of them ever commit a murder. how is that a gun culture? how does this machine you claim has only one purpose, to kill, have such a poor performance ratio if we have a gun culture combined with a killing machine?

Why? You like war zones?

have you seen inner cities that ban guns........those are war zone and gun free i might add

Forum List

Back