🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Poland offers US up to $2B for permanent military base

I have no doubt that Putin would commit an act of aggression against Poland but would certainly try to avoid hitting US troops at least initially. Our small contingent of troops are presently stationed in western Poland near the border with Germany. To prove his intent I believe Putin would hit eastern Poland.

Poland is NATO, or did you forget that little tidbit! An attack on Poland is an attack on NATO and the US.

Not going to happen.

Funny but the Poles had a mutual support treaty with both France and Britain before the start of WWII and military support never materialized once the fighting started. FDR pretty much gave Poland to the Russians at Yalta so it's understandable that something a little more concrete than a treaty (say a military base) would go along way to providing reassurance that commitments will be maintained.

They declared War dumb ass...............Because of the invasion of Poland.

NATO has an agreement that will be honored.

They declared war dipshit because they needed to mobilize their own defenses when it became all too obvious that Hitler would become their problem.

OMG, you are one stupid SOB! Go read ANY history of WWII. You are a classic idiot and need further instruction!
I have to agree with Decus. Britain and France didn't do a thing to help Poland. They mobilized for teirown reasons.

Poland signed a 5 billion dollar deal with Raytheon in March of this year to buy four (4) Patriot missile units with an option to buy additional units. They really don't need a missile defense system to protect Europe and the US on Polish soil (which was the original purpose of the "missile defense shield").

The angle is very simple: Poland wants a US military base to provide assurance that if the country is attacked that help will be provided (something that was promised but never delivered in WWII).

We have a nasty habit of not honoring our agreements. But regardless of whether or not they purchased the defense system (and they did), the US will put in more rather leave than it's Troops exposed. The MIC would be standing on the Pentagon Porch with hand out.

I agree with your point about our bringing additional investment to better support our troops should a base be built but I doubt that a base will be built, given the limited value it would offer strategically and the risk that the Russians would use the move to create a confrontation.

That's how we call Russia's bluff.

Poland had a border with the Soviet Union. They do not have a border
with Russia, per se. (Belarus is in between).

Russia doesn't set American Foreign Policy. We set our own.

And our foreign policy needs to be one that catches the eye of the Brits,
the Frogs and the Krauts. Those former Warsaw Pact Countries have been
some of our strongest allies over the last 25 years. We need to show them
that we appreciate them for that.

We need to milk western Europe by supporting the eastern Europeans.
Teach those in the Western part that we have plenty of European support
and real allies. Especially those fuckin' Germans. What a worthless bunch.

Poland does have a border with Russia, the region is called Kaliningrad and lies on Poland's northern border. It is Russia's largest military staging on the Baltic sea.

NATO's Worst Nightmare: Russia's Kaliningrad Is Armed to the Teeth

I agree with you that western Europe needs to pony up their share of the NATO budget because continuing to subsidize their defense just doesn't make any sense.

Hey dumbass, can you read a map or is that beyond your room temperature range IQ? Poland doesn't have a northern border you fricking asswipe!
Sure it does. Kaliningrad is on the North side of Poland.

Poland signed a 5 billion dollar deal with Raytheon in March of this year to buy four (4) Patriot missile units with an option to buy additional units. They really don't need a missile defense system to protect Europe and the US on Polish soil (which was the original purpose of the "missile defense shield").

The angle is very simple: Poland wants a US military base to provide assurance that if the country is attacked that help will be provided (something that was promised but never delivered in WWII).

We have a nasty habit of not honoring our agreements. But regardless of whether or not they purchased the defense system (and they did), the US will put in more rather leave than it's Troops exposed. The MIC would be standing on the Pentagon Porch with hand out.

I agree with your point about our bringing additional investment to better support our troops should a base be built but I doubt that a base will be built, given the limited value it would offer strategically and the risk that the Russians would use the move to create a confrontation.

That's how we call Russia's bluff.

Poland had a border with the Soviet Union. They do not have a border
with Russia, per se. (Belarus is in between).

Russia doesn't set American Foreign Policy. We set our own.

And our foreign policy needs to be one that catches the eye of the Brits,
the Frogs and the Krauts. Those former Warsaw Pact Countries have been
some of our strongest allies over the last 25 years. We need to show them
that we appreciate them for that.

We need to milk western Europe by supporting the eastern Europeans.
Teach those in the Western part that we have plenty of European support
and real allies. Especially those fuckin' Germans. What a worthless bunch.

Poland does have a border with Russia, the region is called Kaliningrad and lies on Poland's northern border. It is Russia's largest military staging on the Baltic sea.

NATO's Worst Nightmare: Russia's Kaliningrad Is Armed to the Teeth

I agree with you that western Europe needs to pony up their share of the NATO budget because continuing to subsidize their defense just doesn't make any sense.

Hey dumbass, can you read a map or is that beyond your room temperature range IQ? Poland doesn't have a northern border you fricking asswipe!

Pull your thumb out of your ass and look at a map. Kaliningrad is on Poland's northern border.

"Kaliningrad Oblast ( a Russian exclave) to the north."

About Poland

"Poland provides the main buffer with Russia on its northern border via the Russian – Kaliningrad enclave."

Why Poland Is Important for the EU

The alternative is to let Russia take them back. So I guess which would be better.

That's fine. As the Isolationist nation with the capability and willingness to wipe out the world with the touch of a button that we should be, why the fuck would we care.
I have my moments thinking that as well. But we tried that, twice and it got us two world wars.

France went to War and lost it's country over Poland.
England went to France and nearly got their army trapped.

Only the Miracle of Dunkirk saved their forces, and only the Sea kept them from losing England.

The Point of how they did nothing is BS...............Had they attacked the outcome would have been the same.....They were outnumbered and out gunned..............

So to they did nothing I call it BS.

Only the Miracle of Dunkirk saved their forces, and only the Sea kept them from losing England.

The Point of how they did nothing is BS...............Had they attacked the outcome would have been the same.....They were outnumbered and out gunned..............

France would have been the next target on Hitler's list regardless of weather it declared war on Germany or not.

FRance would have been the next target on Hitler's list regardless of weather it declared war on Germany or not.
Of course..........but saying they did nothing isn't correct...Had they attacked the end would have been the same.

$2 billion is not nearly enough! If we are to become mercenaries we need to command the highest prices for our services.

I have my moments thinking that as well. But we tried that, twice and it got us two world wars.

Major difference.... we now have the capability to turn the entire world into a nuclear wasteland overnight if someone looks at us cross-eyed.

That's 100% correct. And they can do the same to us.

But do we want it to come to that. People don't use Nukes because they don't
want to take the cork off the bottle. We could lob a nuke at somebody...but
when we do we give an open invitation for Russia to lob one at the Ukraine
or for China to lob one at Taiwan.

There is no moral conscience in the World. People will do what they want
to do. Now it may come to that in North Korea or Iran. Those maniacs cannot be allowed to threaten us with Nukes, and can't be trusted with
a Nuke.

People haven't used them because it is morally wrong...that's bullshit.
They haven't used them because they don't want others to use theirs.

Our forces everywhere help keep the status quo. Others can't even invade
conventionally without engaging Americans and that becomes a factor
in preventing all-out war.

We sit on our ass inside our own borders and one day we would wake
up and find we are alone and we would have no choice but use our Nukes.

Poland is NATO, or did you forget that little tidbit! An attack on Poland is an attack on NATO and the US.

Not going to happen.

Funny but the Poles had a mutual support treaty with both France and Britain before the start of WWII and military support never materialized once the fighting started. FDR pretty much gave Poland to the Russians at Yalta so it's understandable that something a little more concrete than a treaty (say a military base) would go along way to providing reassurance that commitments will be maintained.

They declared war dipshit because they needed to mobilize their own defenses when it became all too obvious that Hitler would become their problem.

OMG, you are one stupid SOB! Go read ANY history of WWII. You are a classic idiot and need further instruction!

You are a fcking joke. Try reading more than a book's jacket cover.

"Militarily we should have gone all out against the German the minute he (Hitler) invaded Poland. We did not. And so we missed the strategical advantage of the Germans being engaged in the East. We thought completely defensively and of ourselves."

Field Marshal The Lord Ironside
Chief of the Imperial General Staff
British Army

The Polish army folded so fast under the blitzkrieg, the Brits would have had tome to even put on their socks before it was over. I suggest you go back and research the topic at a little higher level than middle school. BTW, one of my history professors was a British Army officer.

Not going to happen.

I have to agree with Decus. Britain and France didn't do a thing to help Poland. They mobilized for teirown reasons.

Oh, please! Did you get your education on WWII from Highlights magazine?

That's 100% correct. And they can do the same to us.

But do we want it to come to that. People don't use Nukes because they don't
want to take the cork off the bottle. We could lob a nuke at somebody...but
when we do we give an open invitation for Russia to lob one at the Ukraine
or for China to lob one at Taiwan.

There is no moral conscience in the World. People will do what they want to do. Now it may come to that in North Korea or Iran. Those maniacs cannot be allowed to threaten us with Nukes, and can't be trusted with a Nuke.

People haven't used them because it is morally wrong...that's bullshit. They haven't used them because they don't want others to use theirs.

Our forces everywhere help keep the status quo. Others can't even invade conventionally without engaging Americans and that becomes a factor in preventing all-out war.

We sit on our ass inside our own borders and one day we would wake up and find we are alone and we would have no choice but use our Nukes.

We are alone, and we should be. This nation was built by people like my family, who came here TO GET AWAY FROM EUROPE. They came here and cut off all contact with the family back in Europe. We dont need them, or Asua, Afruca, etc.. This nation was supposed to be the last, best hope for humanity. If we've lost that then humanity deserves to be wiped out.

Best not to do a deal with Poland until it exits The European Union. Feeling more and more likely that the next big war is going to be between America and the un-elected EU dictators who are moving closer and closer to total subjugating the "member" countries.

Already the economies of such big countries as Italy and Greece are run by Brussels.

Just a matter of time before NO EU "member" has any form of national government; they won't need any. Europe will be driven by the sort of hive mind like The (formerly) American Democrat Party.

I started reading books about WW II in the 2nd grade.

I started reading books about WW II in the 2nd grade.

So how did you get what you posted so wrong?

Invasion of Poland, Fall 1939

On September 1, 1939, Germany invaded Poland. The Polish army was defeated within weeks of the invasion. From East Prussia and Germany in the north and Silesia and Slovakia in the south, German units, with more than 2,000 tanks and over 1,000 planes, broke through Polish defenses along the border and advanced on Warsaw in a massive encirclement attack. After heavy shelling and bombing, Warsaw surrendered to the Germans on September 27, 1939. Britain and France, standing by their guarantee of Poland's border, had declared war on Germany on September 3, 1939. The Soviet Union invaded eastern Poland on September 17, 1939. The demarcation line for the partition of German- and Soviet-occupied Poland was along the Bug River.

They lasted 26 days.............

Forum List

Back