🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Poland offers US up to $2B for permanent military base

"***** abandons missile defence shield in Europe
US president shelves scheme in Poland and Czech Republic"

Obama abandons missile defence shield in Europe

It doesn't matter WHO did it, it was done. Now they angling to get it.

Poland signed a 5 billion dollar deal with Raytheon in March of this year to buy four (4) Patriot missile units with an option to buy additional units. They really don't need a missile defense system to protect Europe and the US on Polish soil (which was the original purpose of the "missile defense shield").

The angle is very simple: Poland wants a US military base to provide assurance that if the country is attacked that help will be provided (something that was promised but never delivered in WWII).

We have a nasty habit of not honoring our agreements. But regardless of whether or not they purchased the defense system (and they did), the US will put in more rather leave than it's Troops exposed. The MIC would be standing on the Pentagon Porch with hand out.

I agree with your point about our bringing additional investment to better support our troops should a base be built but I doubt that a base will be built, given the limited value it would offer strategically and the risk that the Russians would use the move to create a confrontation.

That's how we call Russia's bluff.

Poland had a border with the Soviet Union. They do not have a border
with Russia, per se. (Belarus is in between).

Russia doesn't set American Foreign Policy. We set our own.

And our foreign policy needs to be one that catches the eye of the Brits,
the Frogs and the Krauts. Those former Warsaw Pact Countries have been
some of our strongest allies over the last 25 years. We need to show them
that we appreciate them for that.

We need to milk western Europe by supporting the eastern Europeans.
Teach those in the Western part that we have plenty of European support
and real allies. Especially those fuckin' Germans. What a worthless bunch.

Poland is our best friend and ally in Europe today

We should take them up on this and just leave Germany altogether

Poland offers US up to $2B for permanent military base

Poland wants a permanent U.S. military presence — and is willing to pony up as much as $2 billion to get it, according to a defense ministry proposal obtained by Polish news portal Onet.

The Polish offer reflects a long-standing desire in Warsaw to build closer security relations with the U.S. and put American boots on the ground. The push dates back to Poland’s entry into NATO in 1999, but has taken on added urgency in the wake of Russia’s annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea region four years ago and aggressive posture toward the alliance.

We could disguise it as an Amazon Distribution Center...the Russians will never figure it out.

But they are and they need to be.

Our weak points are not making these so-called Western European "allies" more responsible and accountable to us.

No, they dont need to be there.

WE HAVE NO ALLIES!!! Get that through your thick head. Those European "allies" have more in common philosophically with Josef Stalin than George Washington.

We hold them accountable by pulling the 80 years of defense we've given them for free and letting them devour each other like wolves.

Spot On. They're Left/Globalists. Spent all those $Trillions defeating evil Communist Soviet Union, to only then become Communist States themselves. What a scam.

Idiotic move....

For so many reasons... In a fight you need Germany beside you if possible...

How about Trump stop being an asshole? He is getting the US beaten everyday... China are laughing... Trump has made US the laughing stock of the world...
How to Stop Lying

Chump won't do anything to piss off his pal Vlad.

As the Russian news anchorwoman said (in between snorts of uncontrollable laughter), "Putin OWNS Trump!".

MRGA!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You might need to brush up on your math/econ classes.

That wall (Mexico is going to pay for....) has an estimated cost of 25 BILLION (on the low end of the estimates).

I think a military base would probably be more costly than a useless wall.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Doubtful any president will.

There is only a very small number of US troops presently based in western Poland and our other defensive military efforts have only served to provoke Russian threats of a possible nuclear attack against Poland. Putin countered US moves to install a missile shield in Poland by increasing the number of tactical nuclear missiles in Kaliningrad, on Poland's northern border and clearly stating that Russia would nuke Poland if the missile shield was installed.

Moscow warns it could strike Poland over US missile shield

Russia threatens nuclear attack on Poland over US missile shield deal

A significant US military base would be viewed as a threat by Russia akin to the "Cuban missile crisis" under Kennedy. At least that is how Russian propaganda would play it up. Putin is an asshole but he knows that the only thing keeping him in power is feeding Russian egos on the myth that Russia remains significant on the world stage.

Because there is little upside to a base in Poland I doubt any president would risk the confrontation.

You realize that Putin is not going to initiate a nuclear war over conventional ground troops in Poland. If he does, you have only hours left to live.

If Putin didn't respond to the creation of a significant US military base in Poland his rule would be finished and his fate would be sealed. Whether it would be a tactical strike using an Iskander missile whose range is only 400 to 500 km or sending Russian troops to "rescue" Russian citizens in Poland (the same claim was made when Russia invaded Georgia), it will happen. Human life is cheap to Russians and Putin would gladly sacrifice his people in order to stay in power.

You actually believe Putin would attack U.S. troops in Poland? I think that would be suicidal on his part.

I have no doubt that Putin would commit an act of aggression against Poland but would certainly try to avoid hitting US troops at least initially. Our small contingent of troops are presently stationed in western Poland near the border with Germany. To prove his intent I believe Putin would hit eastern Poland.

Poland is NATO, or did you forget that little tidbit! An attack on Poland is an attack on NATO and the US.

Not going to happen.

Funny but the Poles had a mutual support treaty with both France and Britain before the start of WWII and military support never materialized once the fighting started. FDR pretty much gave Poland to the Russians at Yalta so it's understandable that something a little more concrete than a treaty (say a military base) would go along way to providing reassurance that commitments will be maintained.

You realize that Putin is not going to initiate a nuclear war over conventional ground troops in Poland. If he does, you have only hours left to live.

If Putin didn't respond to the creation of a significant US military base in Poland his rule would be finished and his fate would be sealed. Whether it would be a tactical strike using an Iskander missile whose range is only 400 to 500 km or sending Russian troops to "rescue" Russian citizens in Poland (the same claim was made when Russia invaded Georgia), it will happen. Human life is cheap to Russians and Putin would gladly sacrifice his people in order to stay in power.

You actually believe Putin would attack U.S. troops in Poland? I think that would be suicidal on his part.

I have no doubt that Putin would commit an act of aggression against Poland but would certainly try to avoid hitting US troops at least initially. Our small contingent of troops are presently stationed in western Poland near the border with Germany. To prove his intent I believe Putin would hit eastern Poland.

Poland is NATO, or did you forget that little tidbit! An attack on Poland is an attack on NATO and the US.

Not going to happen.

Funny but the Poles had a mutual support treaty with both France and Britain before the start of WWII and military support never materialized once the fighting started. FDR pretty much gave Poland to the Russians at Yalta so it's understandable that something a little more concrete than a treaty (say a military base) would go along way to providing reassurance that commitments will be maintained.

They declared War dumb ass...............Because of the invasion of Poland.

NATO has an agreement that will be honored.

Poland signed a 5 billion dollar deal with Raytheon in March of this year to buy four (4) Patriot missile units with an option to buy additional units. They really don't need a missile defense system to protect Europe and the US on Polish soil (which was the original purpose of the "missile defense shield").

The angle is very simple: Poland wants a US military base to provide assurance that if the country is attacked that help will be provided (something that was promised but never delivered in WWII).

We have a nasty habit of not honoring our agreements. But regardless of whether or not they purchased the defense system (and they did), the US will put in more rather leave than it's Troops exposed. The MIC would be standing on the Pentagon Porch with hand out.

I agree with your point about our bringing additional investment to better support our troops should a base be built but I doubt that a base will be built, given the limited value it would offer strategically and the risk that the Russians would use the move to create a confrontation.

Poland does have a border with Russia, the region is called Kaliningrad and lies on Poland's northern border. It is Russia's largest military staging on the Baltic sea.

NATO's Worst Nightmare: Russia's Kaliningrad Is Armed to the Teeth

I agree with you that western Europe needs to pony up their share of the NATO budget because continuing to subsidize their defense just doesn't make any sense.

Not going to happen.

They declared war dipshit because they needed to mobilize their own defenses when it became all too obvious that Hitler would become their problem.

Not going to happen.

They declared war dipshit because they needed to mobilize their own defenses when it became all too obvious that Hitler would become their problem.

OMG, you are one stupid SOB! Go read ANY history of WWII. You are a classic idiot and need further instruction!

Poland does have a border with Russia, the region is called Kaliningrad and lies on Poland's northern border. It is Russia's largest military staging on the Baltic sea.

NATO's Worst Nightmare: Russia's Kaliningrad Is Armed to the Teeth

I agree with you that western Europe needs to pony up their share of the NATO budget because continuing to subsidize their defense just doesn't make any sense.

Hey dumbass, can you read a map or is that beyond your room temperature range IQ? Poland doesn't have a northern border you fricking asswipe!

Not going to happen.

OMG, you are one stupid SOB! Go read ANY history of WWII. You are a classic idiot and need further instruction!

You are a fcking joke. Try reading more than a book's jacket cover.

"Militarily we should have gone all out against the German the minute he (Hitler) invaded Poland. We did not. And so we missed the strategical advantage of the Germans being engaged in the East. We thought completely defensively and of ourselves."

Field Marshal The Lord Ironside
Chief of the Imperial General Staff
British Army

Forum List

Back