🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police and CPS kidnap kids again for walking home from park without parents

10 and 6 in this case. I wouldn't let mine if I had any be out on their own at that age. I don't think it's inherently irresponsible though. Stranger danger stats prove children are more threatened by family and family's friends than actual strangers. Only 3% of child murderers were true strangers, rest were either family or people family knew and trusted. Still, would suck to become a statistic when the simple fix is wait til kids are teens and raise em with the truth of the world. People can be evil. Had such upbringing belonging to a family with a lot of cops, and it very likely saved my life not getting into the van to help look for alost puppy (oldest one in the book.) But it happened to me so I can attest a certain amount of paranoia can be helpful.

I'm kinda of guilty of the helicopter mom thing (though in my case it's moose, bears, and wolves I worry about, not really kidnapping, though I don't like the renters at the end of my street cause they blow through here at 45-50mph like assholes...) BUT even so I started letting my youngest walk to the school bus stop a good block and a half away [in the dark qq] from the house around 4th grade. It was his choice, I'd been driving them to school everyday, but he wanted to ride the bus with his friends and "debate stuff." I used to drive him down to the bus stop and sit in the car while they yapped, but that wasn't appreciated either.

Forum List

Back