🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police are allowed to lose their shit, untrained citizens are supposed to be calm

I mean think about that. A cop who's 'trained' for hostile situation and who has a gun, points that gun at someone, and the person who isn't trained and is staring at a gun is the one who is supposed to control the situation.

Something has to change. The police in the US are woefully lacking in training and many of them are terrified to go out and do their job.

Dear IsaacNewton
Instead of all this "armchair coaching" from the couch in front of TVs
and preaching from the Pastoral or Presidential pulpits,
why not have all the concerned citizens JOIN your local military, police,
teacher's unions, and prison ministries. Go out there and get in the field.

Go through training, meet with police about procedures, and make sure
there is better screening of both citizens and police and teachers in each community.

Preaching to "somebody else to change" is what isn't getting anywhere.

The people I've seen make effective change go out there and get directly involved.
Those are the groups I support, the people I get involved with who understand DIY.
Try it. You'd be amazed how a few people in each community can make it happen.

You don't have to do something to speak to it, otherwise every person would have to remain mute on 99.9% of all human activity. A ridiculous concept.

The police culture has to change. I would suggest if police in every city and town held townhalls and said in a calm neutral way to the black community "if you are pulled over don't do anything. Keep your hands on the wheel and don't move. If you haven't done anything then you don't have anything to worry about". And the black community needs to start doing this. Is this how you'd want to have to interact with your local police force? No. But the police have gotten gun crazy regarding black people. And it has been this way for a long time. The black community needs to LEARN to be un-confrontational with the police, and the police have to stop being terrified of black people en masse.

The police have to stop viewing every single black man they pull over as a thug. And put in place training that allows them to step back and deal with the situation without emptying their clip for no good reason. There isn't an equal footing here. The black citizen is unarmed in almost every case and has no authority. A policeman is always armed and has the authority to kill people. The onus is on the police to bend over backwards to get it right.

After you IsaacNewton
If this change isn't happening fast enough, why not speed it up?

You have this idea.
Go meet with police and teacher's unions.
Find out the local Mayor or city rep contacts.

Get it going.

The groups in Houston I have been meeting with are connecting
the local civic/community groups with KPFT public radio.
The public school contacts with students and teachers
are going to be the key to set up sustainable outreach for each district.

it's taken so long to organize, the sooner you start the better.

Go ahead, I support you totally.

The Lutheran Reformation, the Civil Rights movement,
Tea Party, Occupy and BLM weren't just people mouthing off.

It's about getting organized with likeminded people,
meeting with Police and city officials, and changing the process.

Go for it!!!

I mean think about that. A cop who's 'trained' for hostile situation and who has a gun, points that gun at someone, and the person who isn't trained and is staring at a gun is the one who is supposed to control the situation.

Something has to change. The police in the US are woefully lacking in training and many of them are terrified to go out and do their job.

Dear IsaacNewton

there is better screening of both citizens and police and teachers in each community.

The people I've seen make effective change go out there and get directly involved.
Those are the groups I support, the people I get involved with who understand DIY.

You don't have to do something to speak to it, otherwise every person would have to remain mute on 99.9% of all human activity. A ridiculous concept.

The police culture has to change. I would suggest if police in every city and town held townhalls and said in a calm neutral way to the black community "if you are pulled over don't do anything. Keep your hands on the wheel and don't move. If you haven't done anything then you don't have anything to worry about". And the black community needs to start doing this (I know many already know and do this). Is this how you'd want to have to interact with your local police force? No. But the police have gotten gun crazy regarding black people. And it has been this way for a long time. The black community needs to LEARN to be un-confrontational with the police, and the police have to stop being terrified of black people en masse. However, we saw this week a black man who told the officer he had a concealed carry permit and a weapon and he was reaching for his ID and registration and he was shot anyway.

The police have to stop viewing every single black man they pull over as a thug. And put in place training that allows them to step back and deal with the situation without emptying their clip for no good reason. There isn't an equal footing here. The black citizen is unarmed in almost every case and has no authority. A policeman is always armed and has the authority to kill people. The onus is on the police to bend over backwards to get it right.
and yet 60 blacks were shot by blacks and there was no outrage? Why doesn't this need to stop? You're asking police to go into neighborhoods that are not safe. Can't you all figure this stuff out? You don't care about black lives, cause you have no comment and outrage when they kill each other. That's sick.

Dear IsaacNewton

The police culture has to change. I would suggest if police in every city and town held townhalls and said in a calm neutral way to the black community "if you are pulled over don't do anything. Keep your hands on the wheel and don't move. If you haven't done anything then you don't have anything to worry about". And the black community needs to start doing this (I know many already know and do this). Is this how you'd want to have to interact with your local police force? No. But the police have gotten gun crazy regarding black people. And it has been this way for a long time. The black community needs to LEARN to be un-confrontational with the police, and the police have to stop being terrified of black people en masse. However, we saw this week a black man who told the officer he had a concealed carry permit and a weapon and he was reaching for his ID and registration and he was shot anyway.

and yet 60 blacks were shot by blacks and there was no outrage? Why doesn't this need to stop? You're asking police to go into neighborhoods that are not safe. Can't you all figure this stuff out? You don't care about black lives, cause you have no comment and outrage when they kill each other. That's sick.

Nah, that is a generalization fallacy that rolls around in your head that is meaningless.

"Hey, you don't get this upset when 5 people were killed in a car accident in Yakima last year, why the big deal about 5 policemen, all lives matter. You're sick".

Just being honest with you, your argument is that of a high school freshman. Join the adults in the land where we have lived long enough to assume certain shared knowledge.

Well........

My son has ( hopefully ) completed his final shift on patrol. Fortunately, he never had to use his weapon to end a life while wearing that uniform. For reference...he works in a city with a large minority population ( 35% African American)

We talk.....a lot.....about these incidents. And he has a perspective that I cannot argue with. These incidents are not simple.

So....what's the deal with all the simplistic thinking that we see here?

Approximately 2.4 MILLION negroes arrested in this country in 2015 and 250 of them were shot and killed and dumb fuck liberals go ape shit like there is some sort of epidemic of racist cops running around shooting negroes for no reason..

1 negro gets shot for every 96000 that get arrested. How many out of every 96000 negroes in Chicago gets shot on a daily basis?

I will give you good money if you can provide verifiable video of yourself calling black people....who you don't know personally....."negro".

Let's settle on a price and you can periscope it for me.

You in?

Dear IsaacNewton

Nah, that is a generalization fallacy that rolls around in your head that is meaningless.

"Hey, you don't get this upset when 5 people were killed in a car accident in Yakima last year, why the big deal about 5 policemen, all lives matter. You're sick".

Just being honest with you, your argument is that of a high school freshman. Join the adults in the land where we have lived long enough to assume certain shared knowledge.
I figured you didn't care for black lives. Cause you don't care if they kill off each other. It's what makes it sick. Folks who don't do anything about the daily black on black deaths. I didn't like it when an over packed van with mexicans crashed and killed all in the van in texas. I think it's terrible that folks like you pick and choose what is bad. It's all bad. None of it is worth a life, it's why I'm for a death penalty for evil doers who take others lives.

13592665_1038239309626617_1153596681215673456_n.jpg

Be calm *CLICK CLICK* or I'll BLOW YOUR DAMN HEAD OFF!

You got a gun pointed at your head by a cop?

It's not that hard to figure out why. Is it?

Dear IsaacNewton

I figured you didn't care for black lives. Cause you don't care if they kill off each other. It's what makes it sick. Folks who don't do anything about the daily black on black deaths. I didn't like it when an over packed van with mexicans crashed and killed all in the van in texas. I think it's terrible that folks like you pick and choose what is bad. It's all bad. None of it is worth a life, it's why I'm for a death penalty for evil doers who take others lives.

You project your biases onto other people. You have no clue how anyone really views 'black lives' or anything else because you come to any interaction with set in stone preconceived notions. Not worth my time.

Bye now.

Dear IsaacNewton

Valid points, but it's impossible to look at yourself in a mirror, when you (they) don't own one.

Forum List

Back