Police State: 'Homeland Security' Monitoring Internet For 'Anti-Government' Sentiment

Got nothing to prove to you personally but I have a pretty hazardous job and pastimes, I conquered my fears and the rewards are great.

Well, bully for you then. But maybe it's time to change your username? Because you're not 'occupying' shit. You're just a poser.

I occupy my mind with wisdom, that's more than I can say for your daily freight of manic paranoia from the bowels of the internet. If Ron Paul is such a good idea then you would not have to scare anyone into agreeing with you.

'bowels?' Yeah, that's just you 'occupying' your toilet seat. You don't really stand for anything. You are a poser.

Last edited:
This is what I mean about benchmarks. If you let the guy on your team get away with something just because he has the right party letter after his name, you aren't thinking ahead to the day the other guy will be handed the keys to the kingdom.

BOOM

I have been saying that for years!!

I have to say, I agree and I expressed that when 'W' was pushing the Patriot Act.

Gov't over reaching sucks no matter which side is doing it to ya.

It's the Two-Party System. It reduces most Americans to partisan 'Go Team Go!' Cheerleaders. Most are very willing to defend the indefensible when it comes to defending their team. We need more options in this country. The Two-Party scam is destroying our Nation.
Well, Paulitician BOMB you really are TERRORIST bringing up some FASCIST GOVERNMENT excellent points KILL KILL KILL this time.

Funny, but not funny.

We don't BOMBING AMERICAN TARGETS think you are TERRORIST ATTACKS ON PLANES working with a full ISLAMIC TERRORIST PLANS deck, MILITIA BLACK HELICOPTERS, Paulitician.

This hearing is scheduled for Feb 16th. It probably wont receive much MSM coverage, but it is incredibly important. We should all thank the 'Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)' for fighting for this hearing. They really are brave souls.

This is what I mean about benchmarks. If you let the guy on your team get away with something just because he has the right party letter after his name, you aren't thinking ahead to the day the other guy will be handed the keys to the kingdom.

BOOM

I have been saying that for years!!

I have to say, I agree and I expressed that when 'W' was pushing the Patriot Act.

Gov't over reaching sucks no matter which side is doing it to ya.
the voice of reason speaks ....finally!!

This hearing is scheduled for Feb 16th. It probably wont receive much MSM coverage, but it is incredibly important. We should all thank the 'Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)' for fighting for this hearing. They really are brave souls.
unnecessary repeat of post#38...

unnecessary repeat of post#38...

You should support this very important hearing. You really should.

If you are looking for something to copy and paste in your messages to the committee, feel free to use the following:

Dear Congressman (or Congresswoman),

On February 16, you will be holding a hearing on the monitoring of social media by the Department of Homeland Security. The DHS has been performing domestic surveillance of American citizens with no probable cause.

Governments have a bad habit of finding crimes wherever they look for crimes, even if no crimes are actually being committed. The idea we citizens have nothing to fear from our government spying on us if we are not doing anything wrong is grossly misplaced. If that axiom were true, there would be no need for the Fourth Amendment.

Being content with the idea of our government looking in more and more places for crimes without evidence of criminal activity actually occuring is very much against the American principles of freedom and liberty.

I hope you will protect our freedoms and direct DHS to stop eavesdropping on us citizens.

Thank you very much.

I do not care myself. I am not concerned about what I say about the corrupt individuals in our government. I do not say on the phone in my house that I would not state in public. If they get their jollies listening to private conversations so be it. No major group of citizens is willing to stand up to them and get the money out of our government so more power to them. They are obviously determined to take over the people then the people stopping them. We get what we deserve and for not having the ability to think without the assistance of FOX or MSNBC leads us to the current situation. Republicans and Democrats and Independents are screwing up this country. Label me American, if I must be labeled at all.

It's not just 'Crazy Paranoia.' They are watching, and some of their employees do likely frequent this very Board. Thank God for a group like the 'Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)'.

An electronic privacy group has convinced lawmakers to hold hearings next week to look into the Department of Homeland Security's practice of monitoring social media and other news and information Web sites like the Drudge Report. The hearings are the result of findings by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), which obtained nearly 300 pages of documents as a result of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit detailing DHS' "information gathering" practices online.

In particular, the documents show that the department instructed private contractors to monitor the Web for media reports and other information that "reflect adversely" on DHS and the federal government. "The Department of Homeland Security’s monitoring of political dissent has no legal basis and is contrary to core First Amendment principles," EPIC director Ginger McCall said, according to a report at Infowars.com, a watchdog site.

"The language in the documents makes it quite clear that they are looking for media reports that are critical of the agency and the U.S. government more broadly," she added. "This is entirely outside of the bounds of the agency’s statutory duties." A Reuters report in January noted that DHS was monitoring social media Web sites including Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, WikiLeaks. The report also said DHS was monitoring "news and gossip sites including the Huffington Post and Drudge Report."

According to government documents, the purpose of the monitoring was to "collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture." An unnamed DHS official quoted by Reuters said the program was benign, and that it was only intended to keep abreast of major, developing events to which the department and its various agencies would have to respond.

EPIC's McCall dismissed that explanation.

"They are completely out of bounds here," she said, according to Infowars.com. "The idea that the government is constantly peering over your shoulder and listening to what you are saying creates a very chilling effect to legitimate dissent."

The House Committee on Homeland Security's subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence has scheduled a hearing Feb. 16 to discuss the DHS monitoring.

NewsRoomAmerica.com - Group Forces Hearing on Homeland Security Web Monitoring
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
You must have been up in arms when the Bush Administration tapped your phones.

It's not just 'Crazy Paranoia.' They are watching, and some of their employees do likely frequent this very Board. Thank God for a group like the 'Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)'.

An electronic privacy group has convinced lawmakers to hold hearings next week to look into the Department of Homeland Security's practice of monitoring social media and other news and information Web sites like the Drudge Report. The hearings are the result of findings by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), which obtained nearly 300 pages of documents as a result of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit detailing DHS' "information gathering" practices online.

In particular, the documents show that the department instructed private contractors to monitor the Web for media reports and other information that "reflect adversely" on DHS and the federal government. "The Department of Homeland Security’s monitoring of political dissent has no legal basis and is contrary to core First Amendment principles," EPIC director Ginger McCall said, according to a report at Infowars.com, a watchdog site.

"The language in the documents makes it quite clear that they are looking for media reports that are critical of the agency and the U.S. government more broadly," she added. "This is entirely outside of the bounds of the agency’s statutory duties." A Reuters report in January noted that DHS was monitoring social media Web sites including Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, WikiLeaks. The report also said DHS was monitoring "news and gossip sites including the Huffington Post and Drudge Report."

According to government documents, the purpose of the monitoring was to "collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture." An unnamed DHS official quoted by Reuters said the program was benign, and that it was only intended to keep abreast of major, developing events to which the department and its various agencies would have to respond.

"They are completely out of bounds here," she said, according to Infowars.com. "The idea that the government is constantly peering over your shoulder and listening to what you are saying creates a very chilling effect to legitimate dissent."

The House Committee on Homeland Security's subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence has scheduled a hearing Feb. 16 to discuss the DHS monitoring.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
You must have been up in arms when the Bush Administration tapped your phones.

I assume you were too no?

Social media are public. If you don't want someone to know what you think about the government then don't post it on a public forum. Anonymity will not save you if you do certain things, like threaten the president which is a felony even without any attempt or conspiracy. And they can find you if you do that. Here in the hills, we talk a lot about common sense. Some people don't have any. The First Amendment gives us the right to criticize the government. If you do it in public, people will hear you and some will likely be G-men.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

obama is the worse president we have had since Woodrow Wilson He's a lying sorry sack of dog shit.HOWS THAT?

Wow then I am sooooo screwed.
I have been critical of this President.
So now I am on their list as anti Obama type.

And also as a racist......

Wow then I am sooooo screwed.
I have been critical of this President.
So now I am on their list as anti Obama type.

And also as a racist......

It is well known that Obama does have an 'Enemies List.' ;)

Forum List

Back