Political Cartoon

1643599890488.png

You miss the point.
The electoral vote count act of 1887 is NOT the way it is supposed to be.
The whole federal government was totally and completely corrupt in 1887, with things like Teapot Dome, etc.
That was the era of Jim Crow, KKK, lynchings, etc.
Worst time period in history, and Teddy Roosevelt fixed a lot of things that were wrong then.

I am far more liberal, progressive, leftist than anyone here, and I do not really believe the last election was stolen, but NEVER should voting machines be used.
They are all always totally corrupt, evil, and easily abused.
The fact there are still paper ballots is the only reason I am not overly concerned.
States do and often cheat, like the 2000 election in FL.

You miss the point.
The electoral vote count act of 1887 is NOT the way it is supposed to be.
The whole federal government was totally and completely corrupt in 1887, with things like Teapot Dome, etc.
That was the era of Jim Crow, KKK, lynchings, etc.
Worst time period in history, and Teddy Roosevelt fixed a lot of things that were wrong then.

I am far more liberal, progressive, leftist than anyone here, and I do not really believe the last election was stolen, but NEVER should voting machines be used.
They are all always totally corrupt, evil, and easily abused.
The fact there are still paper ballots is the only reason I am not overly concerned.
States do and often cheat, like the 2000 election in FL.
liberal and progressive are polar opposites,,

liberal and progressive are polar opposites,,

No, they are just not related and totally independent.

There are two concepts called liberal.
One is where individual liberties are the only legal basis.
That means all government in a democratic republic, is supposed to be based on the defense of individual liberties.
The other is the concept where federal authority should come from the widest possible interpretation of the constitution, such as the federal creation of the FDA due to food being shipped over state lines.

Progressive means finishing political issues over individual rights that the founders deferred on, like ending slavery, providing educational equality, making taxes equitable, and other individual rights protections.

No, they are just not related and totally independent.

There are two concepts called liberal.
One is where individual liberties are the only legal basis.
That means all government in a democratic republic, is supposed to be based on the defense of individual liberties.
The other is the concept where federal authority should come from the widest possible interpretation of the constitution, such as the federal creation of the FDA due to food being shipped over state lines.

Progressive means finishing political issues over individual rights that the founders deferred on, like ending slavery, providing educational equality, making taxes equitable, and other individual rights protections.
how you manage to dress yourself eludes me,,

but then again I dont know that you do dress yourself,,

Forum List

Back