Political Cartoon

BREAKING: Trump’s daughter-in-law Lara Trump defies the family of rock legend Tom Petty, announces that she is releasing a cover of Petty’s “Won’t Back Down” hit — even though Petty’s estate already sent Trump a cease and desist for using Petty’s music.
But it gets even worse…
Lara Trump was asked by reporters what she thought about the Petty family not wanting her to cover Tom Petty’s music — and her answer left a lot to be desired.
She defiantly declared, “I don’t got no message for the Petty family because I don’t even think about them.”
Keep it classy, Lara Trump.
To make matters worse, after Donald Trump used the song at a 2020 campaign rally, Petty’s family immediately slapped Trump with a cease and desist, putting Trump on notice that, “Both the late Tom Petty and his family firmly stand against racism and discrimination of any kind. Tom Petty would never want a song of his used for a campaign of hate. He liked to bring people together. Tom wrote this song for the underdog, for the common man and for EVERYONE. We believe in America and we believe in democracy, but Donald Trump is not representing the noble ideals of either. We would hate for fans that are marginalized by this administration to think we are complicit in this usage.”
Assign insult to injury for Trump, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers founding member Benmont Tench III also piled on Trump, declaring, “I in no way approve of Trump even whistling any piece of music associated with our band. I hope that’s clear enough.”

May be an image of 2 people, blonde hair and guitar

Forum List

Back