Political Cartoon

1709081826192.png

BREAKING: Donald Trump gets disastrous campaign news as one of his former staffers goes on the warpath and torches him as "more unhinged" than ever and says that he has become "Hitler-esque" in a brutal new takedown.

But it gets even worse for Trump...

"Obviously, Donald Trump’s first four years in office were marked by lots of controversies, but I think that type of rhetoric that he’s using today, it’s really concerning. It’s almost Hitler-esque in a way," said Sarah Matthews, the ex-staffer. "Especially when he talks about things like immigration, saying things like ‘poisoning the blood of our country.'"

She made the remarks during an interview on MSNBC's "Inside with Jen Psaki" and said that Trump has "gotten more unhinged in his rhetoric."

Matthews previously served as Trump's deputy press secretary but resigned in disgust just hours after the Capitol insurrection. She later testified before the January 6th committee, saying that she was "disturbed" by what happened.

"I mean, he’s trying to prey on people’s worst instincts and get them angry and riled up and that’s something he tends to do, but it’s just the rhetoric that he’s using is really concerning to me now," Matthews said in the new interview.

"You just have to look at what he’s saying and pay close attention when he says things like he’s going to be a ‘dictator on day one,’" she said.

"And not even just his words. He showed us already what a second Trump term would look like," Matthews went on. "By the way, his first term ended because look, he cannot accept the fact that he lost in 2020 to Joe Biden, so then he tried to overturn a free and fair election and helped incite an insurrection on our nation’s capital."

"I have said that if it is a choice between Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a general election, that even if I don’t agree with the policies of President Biden, that I would put policy aside and I would cast my vote for him for democracy," she added.

"Because I look at Donald Trump, and this is someone who has shown us he will not uphold the Constitution. And so, there is no question in my mind then that I would be voting for Joe Biden," she went on.

She mentioned Republican candidate Nikki Haley as well and said that while she's is losing to Trump, the fact that she garnered 40% of the primary vote in South Carolina "shows there is a faction in the Republican Party that wants to leave Donald Trump behind and so it gives me hope for the future."

Hopefully we can all put the days of Donald Trump behind us soon. We need more Trump officials to show this kind of courage and start telling the truth about their fascist boss. Democracy is on the line.

May be an image of 2 people, blonde hair and the Oval Office

Forum List

Back