Political conversations with teens in Leftist homes vs. Political conversations with teens in Conservative homes. What do they sound like?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
When my daughters were approaching voting age we talked about policy related to public safety, border security / immigration, economics, energy, foreign affairs…etc..We never once talked about social construct, abortion / tolerance / inclusion / lgbtq’s….etc etc
I can’t imagine trying to convince my soon to be 18 year old daughter of how cool it is to be able to have an abortion with ease. I can’t imagine discussing the importance of accepting men in dresses as just another normal citizen among us, gay rights, DEi.…etc etc. I can’t imagine teaching my kids to believe that such matters are paramount to a nations success.

When my daughters were approaching voting age we talked about policy related to public safety, border security / immigration, economics, energy, foreign affairs…etc..We never once talked about social construct, abortion / tolerance / inclusion / lgbtq’s….etc etc
I can’t imagine trying to convince my soon to be 18 year old daughter of how cool it is to be able to have an abortion with ease. I can’t imagine discussing the importance of accepting men in dresses as just another normal citizen among us, gay rights, DEi.…etc etc. I can’t imagine teaching my kids to believe that such matters are paramount to a nations success.
So you taught your kids bigotry.

I told my kids that I don't care how they vote as long as they are educated on the issues and actually believe that they are voting for the right people based on how they see things.

I made sure my kids knew how pathetic people who vote based on blind partisandhip are.

commie banker.jpg

Respecting other humans even if you don't agree with their lifestyle is common sense. Bigotry is not.
So you want me to respect someone who has no issue with taking an innocent life and to respect men and women who pretend they aren't men and women? So unless we all believe how you do about these types of things, we are just bigots?

So you want me to respect someone who has no issue with taking an innocent life and to respect men and women who pretend they aren't men and women? So unless we all believe how you do about these types of things, we are just bigots?
You don't care about innocent life and if you aren't pretending to be a man or woman, what does it matter? I'm a man, 100 percent, and Iike women. I have no interest in worrying about trans men or women. So you can obsess all you want but don't assume that Democrats are sitting at home teaching their kids what the asshole who wrote the OP stated. And if you're teaching your kids inclusion is wrong then you are indeed a bigot. Because you guys want whites to be incuded in things so if you can't respect inclusion why should we respect the right of whites to be included anywhere?

You're teaching them feelings when you make that claim.
Nope…I teach them to vote the nation on the right trajectory by voting on shit that actually matters…public safety, border security / immigration, economics, energy, foreign affairs

As should be taught. The same way my brothers and I were taught 40 years ago. Right and Wrong aren’t ploy; they’re certified truth, as they always have been and always will be.

The first shooter of Trump held deeply conservative views and cam from a Trump household.

It didn't really end well for him...

You want to raise your child with views totally out of step with her generation...

Later on she will understand that you are wrong and be embarrassed about what you taught her, hopefully she will just laugh at your out of step views...

The OP said he couldn't imagine discussing the importance of gay rights or accepting it as normal with his children. Did you read the OP? Are you confused about what bigotry is? :dunno:

Did you? Here's what he said:

"When my daughters were approaching voting age we talked about policy related to public safety, border security / immigration, economics, energy, foreign affairs…etc..We never once talked about social construct, abortion / tolerance / inclusion / lgbtq’s….etc etcI can’t imagine trying to convince my soon to be 18 year old daughter of how cool it is to be able to have an abortion with ease. I can’t imagine discussing the importance of accepting men in dresses as just another normal citizen among us, gay rights, DEi.…etc etc. I can’t imagine teaching my kids to believe that such matters are paramount to a nations success."

1.) He didn't say "accepting it as normal" regarding gay rights, he said it regarding men in dresses.

2.) By saying he can't imagine discussing the importance of these things with his daughters, it doesn't mean he's saying he teaches them the opposite.

3.) He didn't say he can't imagine discussing these things with them, he said he can't imagine discussing them within the framework of politics or political concerns.

Are YOU confused about what bigotry is?

Did you? Here's what he said:

"When my daughters were approaching voting age we talked about policy related to public safety, border security / immigration, economics, energy, foreign affairs…etc..We never once talked about social construct, abortion / tolerance / inclusion / lgbtq’s….etc etcI can’t imagine trying to convince my soon to be 18 year old daughter of how cool it is to be able to have an abortion with ease. I can’t imagine discussing the importance of accepting men in dresses as just another normal citizen among us, gay rights, DEi.…etc etc. I can’t imagine teaching my kids to believe that such matters are paramount to a nations success."

1.) He didn't say "accepting it as normal" regarding gay rights, he said it regarding men in dresses.

2.) By saying he can't imagine discussing the importance of these things with his daughters, it doesn't mean he's saying he teaches them the opposite.

3.) He didn't say he can't imagine discussing these things with them, he said he can't imagine discussing them within the framework of politics or political concerns.

Are YOU confused about what bigotry is?
So rights for gay people aren't important? Seems pretty bigoted to me and what other framework should gay rights be discussed in other than politics? It's a political issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back