[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Get this what people were saying to me the other day:

They claimed that I wasn't paying my "fair share of taxes", because I could afford to pay more.

I informed them that last year I probably paid more in taxes than any of them netted (individually). Still not my fair share.

I then informed them that I have most likely paid more in dollars to the IRS than they have over our lives. Still not my fair share.

Their rebuttal was (that STUPID): you didn't get there on your own. Really? I received exactly $0.00 in tuition, $0.00 in any foodstamps/wellfare, etc. growing up. I run my own business that I built out of my bedroom while I was living at home when I was 15 (no exaggeration). I'm not "rich" or anything like that-but I do well.

But the income inequality isn't "fair" to them. So I explain to them if my business goes under-I'm bankrupt. If their business (where they work) goes under: they simply get another job. My job has much responsibility and accountability than theirs do. In other words: their risk is minimal, while mine is great.

But they go to work, collect a 9-5 paycheck (which there's nothing wrong with that). But don't turn around and bitch out of jealously while others eventually make more than you do-because that's not the path you went down.

If you think that you're underpaid: go get a better job. If you can't: MAKE one (hint: start your own business; but I promise it's harder than it seems). If there's no way that you make more money: than you're currently get paid what you're worth. It's that simple.

/end rant LOL

When you get sick of the privilege of paying taxes to the country that allowed you success, you have at least two options.

Move.

Stop earning so much money.

You're in control.

The country "ALLOWED him success?" Where does the federal government get the authority to determine who is successful and who isn't? Your belief that our property and incomes are a gift from the government is fascist to the bone.

When you get sick of the privilege of paying taxes to the country that allowed you success, you have at least two options.

Move.

You're in control.

I have no problem paying a flat tax (and specific percentage that everybody pays). Let's say it's 10%-everybody pays 10%, I have no problems if my 10% is higher than somebody elses. I think that's as "fair" as you can get-everybody gives up the same proportion of their earnings. If that's what happens-you'll see no complaints out of me.

But how about my "fair share" in the benefits of paying taxes? I have NEVER received a penny form the government in the form of food stamps, wellfare, etc. Shouldn't I receive my "fair share" of tax dollars? Or is that something that nobody wants to address?

I have no problem with my money helping other people-I wish more of it went to Hurricane Katrina aide for example. No problems with even temporary unemployment, let's say 6 months. You lose your job-you're on the dole for 6 months. Even that I have no complaints. But how is it fair for me to pay people for extended unemployment-and then when that runs out they simple switch over to disability (on a bogus claim).

But ultimately....I pay more into the system, and receive less in return. So where is my "fair share"? Or are the leeches of society only concerned about themselves?

Who told you that life is fair? What's not fair is people living on the edge of poverty despite full time jobs.

So if you don't give a damn whether life is fair to him, then why should he give a damn about the poor? You can't seem to make up your mind whether fairness is a principle of democratic government or not. Apparently only losers are entitled to fairness. Furthermore, they are entitled to fairness from life, while the rest of us aren't even entitled to be treated fairly by the government.

You're the most servile kind of bootlicker on this forum, PMS.

Move.

You're in control.

I have no problem paying a flat tax (and specific percentage that everybody pays). Let's say it's 10%-everybody pays 10%, I have no problems if my 10% is higher than somebody elses. I think that's as "fair" as you can get-everybody gives up the same proportion of their earnings. If that's what happens-you'll see no complaints out of me.

But how about my "fair share" in the benefits of paying taxes? I have NEVER received a penny form the government in the form of food stamps, wellfare, etc. Shouldn't I receive my "fair share" of tax dollars? Or is that something that nobody wants to address?

I have no problem with my money helping other people-I wish more of it went to Hurricane Katrina aide for example. No problems with even temporary unemployment, let's say 6 months. You lose your job-you're on the dole for 6 months. Even that I have no complaints. But how is it fair for me to pay people for extended unemployment-and then when that runs out they simple switch over to disability (on a bogus claim).

But ultimately....I pay more into the system, and receive less in return. So where is my "fair share"? Or are the leeches of society only concerned about themselves?

Who told you that life is fair? What's not fair is people living on the edge of poverty despite full time jobs.

I believe that would be the leftists, blithering on and on about "fair shares". Anytime you dipshits want to stop throwing around kindergarten buzzwords, you may THEN demand that people stop holding you to them. Until then, the phrase "hoist with your own petard" springs to mind.

Get this what people were saying to me the other day:

They claimed that I wasn't paying my "fair share of taxes", because I could afford to pay more.

I informed them that last year I probably paid more in taxes than any of them netted (individually). Still not my fair share.

I then informed them that I have most likely paid more in dollars to the IRS than they have over our lives. Still not my fair share.

Their rebuttal was (that STUPID): you didn't get there on your own. Really? I received exactly $0.00 in tuition, $0.00 in any foodstamps/wellfare, etc. growing up. I run my own business that I built out of my bedroom while I was living at home when I was 15 (no exaggeration). I'm not "rich" or anything like that-but I do well.

But the income inequality isn't "fair" to them. So I explain to them if my business goes under-I'm bankrupt. If their business (where they work) goes under: they simply get another job. My job has much responsibility and accountability than theirs do. In other words: their risk is minimal, while mine is great.

But they go to work, collect a 9-5 paycheck (which there's nothing wrong with that). But don't turn around and bitch out of jealously while others eventually make more than you do-because that's not the path you went down.

If you think that you're underpaid: go get a better job. If you can't: MAKE one (hint: start your own business; but I promise it's harder than it seems). If there's no way that you make more money: than you're currently get paid what you're worth. It's that simple.

/end rant LOL

Move.

You're in control.

The country "ALLOWED him success?" Where does the federal government get the authority to determine who is successful and who isn't? Your belief that our property and incomes are a gift from the government is fascist to the bone.

How successful would he have been in Somalia where the lawlessness is as you wish for America?

So if you don't give a damn whether life is fair to him, then why should he give a damn about the poor? You can't seem to make up your mind whether fairness is a principle of democratic government or not. Apparently only losers are entitled to fairness. Furthermore, they are entitled to fairness from life, while the rest of us aren't even entitled to be treated fairly by the government.

I don't need or care to lick anyone's boots. You recite Republican propaganda daily. You are addicted to it. There is never an indication of any actual originality on your part except for your extremist hate for America and Confederate nationalism.

Move.

You're in control.

How successful would he have been in Somalia where the lawlessness is as you wish for America?

What if the earth flooded and we all had to live like Kevin Costner? Asking theoretical moot points is a waste of time. As you love saying, life isn't fair and he did well. Those poor who refuse or are unable should just lie down and die, right? Life's not fair.

I would help people, but life just isn't fair. Sure I could go and hand out waters to the homeless, but life isn't fair so screw em.

Your broken record of life isn't fair is a terrible counterpoint to valid questions of overreaching government. Common sense should rule and dictate that government should be trying its best to achieve fairness for its citizens. All of them. Then you'll see progress made for the betterment of Americans.

Change the political process and the politicians. Refocus on America and quit trying to help countries that hate us. No more foreign aid. Send out loans to be repaid. Fair taxes and fair policies. Then you can go out and buy a new vinyl.

Move.

You're in control.

I don't support lawlessness. I just don't support government. Somalia isn't an example of what I advocate. Somalia is a failed example of what you advocate: a Marxist collective.

Furthermore, the fact that people can make more money doesn't mean the government is entitled to any of it. People can make money here only because of the restraints placed on government.

What if the earth flooded and we all had to live like Kevin Costner? Asking theoretical moot points is a waste of time. As you love saying, life isn't fair and he did well. Those poor who refuse or are unable should just lie down and die, right? Life's not fair.

I would help people, but life just isn't fair. Sure I could go and hand out waters to the homeless, but life isn't fair so screw em.

Your broken record of life isn't fair is a terrible counterpoint to valid questions of overreaching government. Common sense should rule and dictate that government should be trying its best to achieve fairness for its citizens. All of them. Then you'll see progress made for the betterment of Americans.

Change the political process and the politicians. Refocus on America and quit trying to help countries that hate us. No more foreign aid. Send out loans to be repaid. Fair taxes and fair policies. Then you can go out and buy a new vinyl.

The same morons who bleat constantly that life isn't fair whine in their next breath that not allowing homosexuals to marry is unjust.

You can't make up this kind of stuff.

I don't need or care to lick anyone's boots. You recite Republican propaganda daily. You are addicted to it. There is never an indication of any actual originality on your part except for your extremist hate for America and Confederate nationalism.

You don't lick boots, but you suck Obama's dick. Talk about reciting propaganda. You're a one man propaganda megaphone for the Administration's policies. If you actually paid attention, you'd understand that my views differ significantly from the talking heads on FOX. But, hey, you've already admitted that.

BTW, I don't hate America. I hate the government. Of course, a servile brainwashed toady like yourself doesn't understand the difference.

Last edited:

I see that you have no argument that life is fair. Of course not. It's a childhood fantasy. We all know that.

And don't give me the standard conservative BS that you'd help the people that folks like you keep poor voluntarily but don't want to through taxes.

20% of the people have 85% of the wealth. It just can't get more extreme then that.

Why can't the wealthy back off now. Is it really essential for them to have all of it? What would they even do with 15% more?

I don't support lawlessness. I just don't support government. Somalia isn't an example of what I advocate. Somalia is a failed example of what you advocate: a Marxist collective.

Furthermore, the fact that people can make more money doesn't mean the government is entitled to any of it. People can make money here only because of the restraints placed on government.

It is logically impossible to support no government and not support lawlessness.

It is logically impossible to support no government and not support lawlessness.

Hmmmm . . . wrong. Common law is not a creation of the government. It existed prior to government made law. The common people had to develop a system for resolving disputes and punishing wrong doers, because the king didn't do it for them.

You'll note the Constitution refers to "common law." That's where ideas like trial by jury came from.

You don't lick boots, but you suck Obama's dick. Talk about reciting propaganda. You're a one man propaganda megaphone for the Administration's policies. If you actually paid attention, you'd understand that my views differ significantly from the talking heads on FOX. But, hey, you've already admitted that.

BTW, I don't hate America. I hate the government. Of course, a servile brainwashed toady like yourself doesn't understand the difference.

You're the last Confederate soldier, and the only one still left that isn't glad that you lost.

You're the last Confederate soldier, and the only one still left that isn't glad that you lost.

You're dead wrong about that. There are millions of people like me - more and more every year. Any honest scholar understands that Lincoln was a tyrant who wiped his ass on the Constitution and violated every principle he claimed to believe in and that this nation was founded on.

It really scares you that people like me are allowed to educate people about the truth, doesn't it?

You're dead wrong about that. There are millions of people like me - more and more every year. Any honest scholar understands that Lincoln was a tyrant who wiped his ass on the Constitution and violated every principle he claimed to believe in and that this nation was founded on.

It really scares you that people like me are allowed to educate people about the truth, doesn't it?

"It really scares you that people like me are allowed to educate people"

Absolutely. Just like it did when Communists tried the same thing using the same propaganda tactics.

If you think that Lincoln was a tarrant, that explains your hatred for the country under Obama. They were cut from the same bolt of cloth.

Absolutely. Just like it did when Communists tried the same thing using the same propaganda tactics.

If you think that Lincoln was a tarrant, that explains your hatred for the country under Obama. They were cut from the same bolt of cloth.

You are a communist, PMS, so it's amusing that you claim to be afraid of communism

Obama is cut from the same cloth as Lincoln, and also Stalin and Hitler. Brutally imposing their agenda on the unwilling is what they are all about.

I see that you have no argument that life is fair. Of course not. It's a childhood fantasy. We all know that.

And don't give me the standard conservative BS that you'd help the people that folks like you keep poor voluntarily but don't want to through taxes.

20% of the people have 85% of the wealth. It just can't get more extreme then that.

Why can't the wealthy back off now. Is it really essential for them to have all of it? What would they even do with 15% more?

I agree that 20% having 85% is a problem. BUT what's the solution? Is it really having the government stepping in?

And speaking that life's not fair: we all know that. But most liberals/democrats only care about the fairness of the poor, not the rich, and not 100% in the middle class. For example:

roughly 50% of Americans currently don't pay federal income tax (they get it back) right? So then tell me how it's fair for them to complain about the people who actually pay income tax, and complain that they're not paying enough? Especially with the 50% not paying income tax tends to receives more of the benefits?

Life's not fair-and I agree. I have NO problem paying more in actual dollars than somebody who makes less than I do-as long as they're giving up a proportional amount of their pie. I give up 10% and somebody who nets let's say 30% less than I do also gives up 10%--I have no problem with that.

But some people want to continue giving up nothing, reap the benefits, complain that others who're more successful don't pay more (mainly from opportunities that they took advantage of-and others didn't).

So do they really care about being "fair", or do they only care about being "fair" when it benefits them? The answer is obvious.

I agree that 20% having 85% is a problem. BUT what's the solution? Is it really having the government stepping in?

And speaking that life's not fair: we all know that. But most liberals/democrats only care about the fairness of the poor, not the rich, and not 100% in the middle class. For example:

roughly 50% of Americans currently don't pay federal income tax (they get it back) right? So then tell me how it's fair for them to complain about the people who actually pay income tax, and complain that they're not paying enough? Especially with the 50% not paying income tax tends to receives more of the benefits?

Life's not fair-and I agree. I have NO problem paying more in actual dollars than somebody who makes less than I do-as long as they're giving up a proportional amount of their pie. I give up 10% and somebody who nets let's say 30% less than I do also gives up 10%--I have no problem with that.

But some people want to continue giving up nothing, reap the benefits, complain that others who're more successful don't pay more (mainly from opportunities that they took advantage of-and others didn't).

So do they really care about being "fair", or do they only care about being "fair" when it benefits them? The answer is obvious.

So what makes you believe that a 10% flat tax is somehow "fair"?

You are a communist, PMS, so it's amusing that you claim to be afraid of communism

Obama is cut from the same cloth as Lincoln, and also Stalin and Hitler. Brutally imposing their agenda on the unwilling is what they are all about.

I'm not a Communist but your first loyalty is to the Confederacy rather than America. That makes you a traitor to your country.

The 50% that you constantly whine about are those that corporations choose not to pay a living wage to and so the value that they add through the work that they do is given to executives who don't create any value.

The only solution to extreme wealth inequality is more progressive taxes, and income from work and from wealth the same.

Forum List

Back