*poll* Mom snitches on son

Did mom do the right thing?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
A Fort Myers teen is in trouble after he was turned in by his mother for going through unlocked cars and stealing items.

Chris Salters, 15, is facing four car burglary charges for break-ins that happened in Gateway.

Salters was in a group of teens going through cars and taking whatever they could. In Salters case, he ended up with a cell phone that didn't go unnoticed by his mother.

Salters' mom decided her son needed to face the consequences of his actions.

"People don't work hard for nothing," said Lakesha Robinson.

She said she took her son to school and noticed the phone, one she wasn't familiar with. She took it and started investigating.

"There's no reason for him to have this phone," she said.

She eventually managed to reach the owner and met him in Lehigh Acres.

"He was showing me the different charges and stuff from his account," she said.

The victim's wallet had been taken and his credit card used at McDonald's, Wawa, and Walmart.

"Since my son had the phone, it's obvious that he know something about it," Robinson said.

She pressed her son for answers but at first he denied it.

She said she found a McDonald's bag and receipts before calling the owner of the phone to see if the amounts matched.

"When he told me, I just broke down," she said.

Deputies came to her home and showed her surveillance video from one of the stores. She identified her son as well as Marcus Stanley and Alvero Jackson.

"I want him to learn that he got to be responsible for his actions," she said.

Salters went to jail, trying to teach her son a lesson.

"I knew she was mad. I could tell how she was talking," Salters said.

He said he felt bad. "I don't like to see my mama cry."

Robinson said she'd like to ask a judge to place her son on house arrest so he can't leave again.

I think she did the right thing and that maybe her son will learn his lesson from all of this. Hopefully anyways.
I doubt the kid learned anything.
Did you notice how he apologized for 'having' the phone? His smirking also has me thinking he didn't learn a damn thing.

I'm glad the mom is at least trying.

The sad part is that a thread was created to congratulate a mother for turning her black son in to the police. This reaction would not be a blimp on the radar for a white family.because it would be expected. .

It was right to return the phone. Selling out her own son was treacherous. What an awful mother.

I think she did the right thing and that maybe her son will learn his lesson from all of this. Hopefully anyways.
Did you notice how he apologized for 'having' the phone? His smirking also has me thinking he didn't learn a damn thing.

He hasn't been sentenced yet. I'm guessing a judge can knock that smirk off his face.

It was right to return the phone. Selling out her own son was treacherous. What an awful mother.
No doubt you wouldn't say anything and would be a faithful parent all the way to witnessing his execution on a gurney.

He hasn't been sentenced yet. I'm guessing a judge can knock that smirk off his face.
I hope the kid isn't like onyx, and learns a valuable lesson.

So you would condone criminal activity by your child?

Crime is an arbitrary classification of human activity. I believe some crimes are moral, and that some crimes are immoral.

If my child was a mass-murdering psychopath that would be a different story. If he stole a phone, then I definitely would not sell him out. This mother is an awful and unloving person that deserves no shortage of shame.

I hope the kid isn't like onyx, and learns a valuable lesson.
Agreed. As the link below shows, the mother doesn't want her son to become a statistic:
Mom turns child in for breaking into cars: 'My son isn't going to be a statistic'
“I lived this life and I don’t want him to live this life,” she said. “I’m not losing my son to the system or to the streets. My son isn’t going to be a statistic. If I had to do this so he does better, it’s how I’m going to do it. I’m just not allowing my son to take that path. I’m gonna stop it ahead of time. This could’ve ended way differently. Someone could’ve caught him, shot him and asked questions later."

Crime is an arbitrary classification of human activity. I believe some crimes are moral, and that some crimes are immoral.

If my child was a mass-murdering psychopath that would be a different story. If he stole a phone, then I definitely would not sell him out. This mother is an awful and unloving person that deserves no shortage of shame.
So if someone broke into your car, ripped out the radio, stole your wallet and cell phone, you'd be good with it? Interesting, but talk is cheap.

I'll say this. If his crimes amounted to a felony I wouldnt have turned him in...this time.
I would have returned the phone made the kid work his ass of for the person he stole it from with the understanding that if he did it again he would be reported to the police.
if it was a misdemeanor I would have turned his dumbass in.

I'll say this. If his crimes amounted to a felony I wouldnt have turned him in...this time.
I would have returned the phone made the kid work his ass of for the person he stole it from with the understanding that if he did it again he would be reported to the police.
if it was a misdemeanor I would have turned his dumbass in.
I'm guessing this isn't the first time this kid has been a problem. Anyone besides me think he doesn't have a father-figure?....except the local drug-dealer/gang-leader.

Forum List

Back