*poll* Mom snitches on son

Did mom do the right thing?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
So if someone broke into your car, ripped out the radio, stole your wallet and cell phone, you'd be good with it?

I wouldn't be okay with that, nor did I indicate that I would be.

The problem lies exclusively with the fact that she sold out her son to the police. To make matters worse, it was after she had resolved the theft herself.

I think she did the right thing and that maybe her son will learn his lesson from all of this. Hopefully anyways.
I doubt the kid learned anything.
Did you notice how he apologized for 'having' the phone? His smirking also has me thinking he didn't learn a damn thing.

I'm glad the mom is at least trying.
He hasn't been sentenced yet. I'm guessing a judge can knock that smirk off his face.
I hope the kid isn't like onyx, and learns a valuable lesson.
Agreed. As the link below shows, the mother doesn't want her son to become a statistic:
Mom turns child in for breaking into cars: 'My son isn't going to be a statistic'
“I lived this life and I don’t want him to live this life,” she said. “I’m not losing my son to the system or to the streets. My son isn’t going to be a statistic. If I had to do this so he does better, it’s how I’m going to do it. I’m just not allowing my son to take that path. I’m gonna stop it ahead of time. This could’ve ended way differently. Someone could’ve caught him, shot him and asked questions later."
I can respect any parent who does their best with teaching their kids to follow the right path through life. I'm sure It's often a difficult lesson to teach while living in certain neighborhoods.

Ironically most of you grew up in middle class suburban neighborhoods.

The problem lies exclusively with the fact that she sold out her son to the police. To make matters worse, it was after she had resolved the theft herself.
What did she sell him for? I didn't see how much of a reward she made.

Oh wait, were you just using emotional rhetoric?

Ironically most of you grew up in middle class suburban neighborhoods.
Correct, but I got in trouble a few times and punished for it. The articles don't say, but I'm guessing this mother had tried everything she could do first and now he's a thief. She's scared for his life.

What's the number one cause of death for black males 15-34?

What is it for white males in the same category?

Leading Causes of Death in Males - Men's Health - CDC

i think she did the wrong thing, blood over everything unless theyre a psychopath

Last edited:
For those who think that the lady was wrong to have her son be arrested, I have this question for y'all: If having him be arrested is wrong, what do you think should have been done instead?

God bless you and the woman always!!!

Holly

i think she did the wrong thing, blood over everything unless theyre a psychopath

Petty thievery is nothing to sell out your son to the police for. Anyways, the real thieves are the ones that run the criminal justice system.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Forum List

Back