Poll: Percent of Christians drop, those identifying as "none" soars

If we use Europe as a model for the future of religion in the US, Christianity is here to stay and as a majority.

Sorry to pop your bubble like that, rightwinger. Better to hope for a more socially liberal evangelical movement than the disappearance of Christianity.

(I boldfaced socially because some people will only read the word liberal and think leftism)

:) Some of our far right christian fundies are crazy, yes; just like you, Guno, and the other militant atheists on the board. Extremists are crazed when they are generally laughed at you, as the mainstream of the theists and atheists laugh at the extremes in their groups.

Practice, Jake. Prepare for your conversion. You are greeted with:

As-salamu alaykum

What is your Islamic response?

"Ana arid bossa".

:D

We are seeing the disintegration and minimalization of the far right social con political power. Thank heavens.

The a-theists of our time will be no more successful than were the French in the Temple of Reason or the communists. PratchettFan has the handle of it.
You're a bit confused. Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts. That's the domain of religions.
Yours is the second silliest comment of the day. You better go study the French revolutionaries and the Soviet and Chinese communists. They glorified atheism and elevated reason.

I just thought of something else

The last thing anyone wants is this nation 'deconverting' overnight.

There is a good bit of psychological trauma in the process. I seriously doubt some people could survive the process.

7% is quite a large number considering it was 1-2% a decade ago
odd....you are calling yourself a liar.....according to you it was 4% eight years ago......the reality is that you have a tiny handful of deniers, twice that many who are uncertain......the biggest increase is among the apathetic.......

The a-theists of our time will be no more successful than were the French in the Temple of Reason or the communists. PratchettFan has the handle of it.
You're a bit confused. Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts. That's the domain of religions.
Yours is the second silliest comment of the day. You better go study the French revolutionaries and the Soviet and Chinese communists. They glorified atheism and elevated reason.

ScratchHead.gif

something wrong with reason?

Her point stands. Atheists have no need to proselytize. It's a personal thing. For that matter so is religion, so religion should have no such need either.

ScratchHead.gif

something wrong with reason?

Her point stands. Atheists have no need to proselytize. It's a personal thing. For that matter so is religion, so religion should have no such need either.

No. People have no need to proselytize, but not all people. I have met any number of Atheist proselytizers, quite a few on this board.

ScratchHead.gif
something wrong with reason? Her point stands. Atheists have no need to proselytize. It's a personal thing. For that matter so is religion, so religion should have no such need either.
Son, because you say so means absolutely nothing. The French and Russian and Chinese revolutionaries worshipped reason and persecuted faith believers. Yep, that is converting by 'the sword'. Hmmm, that sounds somehow very familiar in today's world.

ScratchHead.gif
something wrong with reason? Her point stands. Atheists have no need to proselytize. It's a personal thing. For that matter so is religion, so religion should have no such need either.
Son, because you say so means absolutely nothing. The French and Russian and Chinese revolutionaries worshipped reason and persecuted faith believers. Yep, that is converting by 'the sword'. Hmmm, that sounds somehow very familiar in today's world.

Wtf is wrong with "reason"? You a fan of "unreason? :dunno:

Still doesn't address Hollie's point anyway.

Holli has no point is the point. I have no trouble with reason at all and am a big proponent of critical thinking. I simply pointed out that the French revolutionaries and others tried to replace God with Reason. Did not work well.

What would be your primary objective for being here, just curious?

a) To just consider interesting ideas of the opposition and try to reason with them for your own entertainment.
b) To consider all arguments and attempt to discredit them in order to garner greater confidence in one's own beliefs.
c) Other.

Holli has no point is the point. I have no trouble with reason at all and am a big proponent of critical thinking. I simply pointed out that the French revolutionaries and others tried to replace God with Reason. Did not work well.

Of course she had a point. And I quote:
"Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts. That's the domain of religions."

That's got nothing to do with political movements, French or elsewhere. It's a simple observation of what does not exist within a certain non-belief.

That's got nothing to do with political movements, French or elsewhere. It's a simple observation of what does not exist within a certain non-belief.
That's not a point. It is her opinion and nothing else. Who cares?

And yet we see billboards, holiday displays, etc. The purpose of advertising is to sell something.

Mormons strong as ever
Down from 1.7 to 1.6 percent. But that is statistically insignificant.

The problem is that Mormonism in America has flatlined with almost 1/3d of the ladies and 1/2 of the boys leaving the Church by their early twenties. Conversions and birth rates are the reasons the membership stays steady in terms of American membership.

That's not a point. It is her opinion and nothing else. Who cares?

So it's not a point? Or it is? Pick one.
I'm not sure who cares but you took it on an all-expense-paid trip to Russia, China and France... :rofl:

Forum List

Back