Poll: Percent of Christians drop, those identifying as "none" soars

So you plagiarized. Sounds like trash from the American Humanist Association. Not worth tracking down.

The only thing more obnoxious than a religious zealot is a militant atheist.:lol:

"Militant atheist" is a bit like... "loud reader"... :dunno:

What is there to be 'militant' about? It's a simple case of the non-presence of a theory.

If you're really curious, Google it.:thup: Let's not pretend that all atheists have a live and let live attitude, any more than we would pretend that all Christians are tolerant. The descriptors for both were intentionally used, and they're obnoxious people.

So you plagiarized.
So you make baseless claims.

Pretty typical. I gave you clear examples of just how bankrupt your claims have been and when your typical pattern of childish attempts at insult were discarded, you needed another deflection.

Holli has no point is the point. I have no trouble with reason at all and am a big proponent of critical thinking. I simply pointed out that the French revolutionaries and others tried to replace God with Reason. Did not work well.

Of course she had a point. And I quote:
"Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts. That's the domain of religions."

That's got nothing to do with political movements, French or elsewhere. It's a simple observation of what does not exist within a certain non-belief.

And yet we see billboards, holiday displays, etc. The purpose of advertising is to sell something.

Yeah it is. To sell you something you don't need.
--- And?

And.... that belies the claim that "Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts." That was the point, but the point was clearly false.

I gave you clear examples of atheist humanism in the communist states and you have been whining ever since, accusing me of what you have been doing. You always do that: you whine when you get thumped by me. :)

You had an edge to grind and found it blunted. Tough.

The a-theists of our time will be no more successful than were the French in the Temple of Reason or the communists. PratchettFan has the handle of it.
You're a bit confused. Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts. That's the domain of religions.
True.

In fact, most free from faith pursue no 'agenda' at all.
The "most" in your scenario does not apply on this board, however.

Jus sayin

I gave you clear examples of atheist humanism in the communist states and you have been whining ever since, accusing me of what you have been doing. You always do that: you whine when you get thumped by me. :)
Like a swaggering teenager who just drank his fist six pack.

You have done all you could to sidestep, evade and dance around my refutation to your long ago refuted claims regarding atheism and communism.

It's pretty cowardly of you to resort to name-calling which is your usual tactic to defend your failed arguments.

So you plagiarized.
So you make baseless claims.

Pretty typical. I gave you clear examples of just how bankrupt your claims have been and when your typical pattern of childish attempts at insult were discarded, you needed another deflection.
Like a swaggering teenager who just drank his fist six pack.

You have done all you could to sidestep, evade and dance around my refutation to your long ago refuted claims regarding atheism and communism.

It's pretty cowardly of you to resort to name-calling which is your usual tactic to defend your failed arguments.
Was my earlier question (post #74) to you too personal? Or just not interesting enough to bother with?

The a-theists of our time will be no more successful than were the French in the Temple of Reason or the communists. PratchettFan has the handle of it.
You're a bit confused. Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts. That's the domain of religions.
True.

In fact, most free from faith pursue no 'agenda' at all.
The "most" in your scenario does not apply on this board, however.

Jus sayin
Actually, it does. Among the more obvious dynamics is the hysteria and hand-wringing from the militant Christians that accompanies any questioning or challenges to their dogma.

As we have seen in this thread and as it happens in other threads, the extremists are left to flailing around when their scared cows are led to the stable.

"Among the more obvious dynamics is the hysteria and hand-wringing" from Hollie and militant atheists " that accompanies any questioning or challenges to their dogma." :)

"Among the more obvious dynamics is the hysteria and hand-wringing" from Hollie and militant atheists " that accompanies any questioning or challenges to their dogma." :)
I will need to send you an invoice for plagiarizing my comments.

For a fee, and in consideration of your inability to actually compose coherent sentences, I might be persuaded to write comments that you can post as your own.

The only thing more obnoxious than a religious zealot is a militant atheist.:lol:

"Militant atheist" is a bit like... "loud reader"... :dunno:

What is there to be 'militant' about? It's a simple case of the non-presence of a theory.

If you're really curious, Google it.:thup: Let's not pretend that all atheists have a live and let live attitude, any more than we would pretend that all Christians are tolerant. The descriptors for both were intentionally used, and they're obnoxious people.

I have no doubt there are those who are activist about their opinions. This board is made of them.

But what would be the point of lobbying people to not-believe something?

I will need to send you an invoice for plagiarizing my comments.

For a fee, and in consideration of your inability to actually compose coherent sentences, I might be persuaded to write comments that you can post as your own.
:) You can't even plagiarize your own stuff without comment, and I carefully quoted your material immediately down the page. That's why folks are laughing at you, Hollie.

Theists are not intimidated by militant atheists like you and never will be.

Holli has no point is the point. I have no trouble with reason at all and am a big proponent of critical thinking. I simply pointed out that the French revolutionaries and others tried to replace God with Reason. Did not work well.

That's got nothing to do with political movements, French or elsewhere. It's a simple observation of what does not exist within a certain non-belief.

And yet we see billboards, holiday displays, etc. The purpose of advertising is to sell something.

--- And?

And.... that belies the claim that "Atheism has no agenda of attracting converts." That was the point, but the point was clearly false.

I don't follow.
What's the nature of advertising got to do with atheism?

Mormons strong as ever

Inspired by a con man, who was a monogamously challenged pedophile.
Mormons strong as ever

Inspired by a con man, who was a monogamously challenged pedophile.
Not pedophile, none of the females were prepubescent. But a guy in his 30s was hitting on 14 year olds, and that is pretty sick, and if God was telling him to do that, then that God is pretty sick.
Umm, he wasn't just "hitting on" young teenage girls, he was talking advantage of them sexually and emotionally.

His sick God is the same God you worship. Are you just jealous you never thought of the golden plate scam?

--- And?

I don't follow.
What's the nature of advertising got to do with atheism?
Of course you don't.

Forum List

Back