Popeyes manager fired for refusing to pay back $400 taken in armed robbery

Why doesn't Popeye hire a full time security guard? It is not her job to protect the money. It also sounds like they are severely understaffed. This is why they are a piss poor place to work for and working there should be avoided.

How many fast food joints have security guards and what would happen to the cost of that fast food if security was added?

Why doesn't Popeye hire a full time security guard? It is not her job to protect the money. It also sounds like they are severely understaffed. This is why they are a piss poor place to work for and working there should be avoided.

How many fast food joints have security guards and what would happen to the cost of that fast food if security was added?

Not to put too fine a point on it, Sayit, but 15 years ago, when i lived in New Orleans, the Walgreen's Drug store where I got my scripts had been robbed so often that they had an armed security guard next to the front door during all working hours.

Pregnant restaurant manager fired after armed robbery

"By the back of my shirt, he pulled me up and he pushed me to the front," she said. "He told me to give him everything out of my safe."
“I told them I'm not paying nothing. I just had a gun to me. I'm not paying the money.”
But the only thing Holcomb could open were the registers. The gunman got away with nearly $400.
After the robbery, Holcomb claimed that one of her managers gave her a choice: Pay the money back or be fired. Less than 36 hours later, she was fired.
"I don't think it's right because now I'm struggling for my family," she said. "What I had to do (was) keep my life."

However, a spokesman in the company's human resources department said Holcomb was fired because she didn't follow company policy, leaving too much money in the cash register. And this wasn't her first offense.

To be fair she was fired for having too much money in the register, against store policy. Its a stupid policy to fire someone over, but she isn't being fired for being robbed and giving up the cash, its not putting it into the safe quick enough.

If you are running a $1.19 special, I imagine the place is jammed and the manager has a lot of other responsibilities beyond moving cash

To fire someone who had just had a gun pointed at her because she works for you is excessive

She wasn't fired because she worked for Popeye's. Why must you lefties constantly lie to express your always hateful POV?
Can it be the truth just doesn't get 'er done?

Not to put too fine a point on it, Sayit, but 15 years ago, when i lived in New Orleans, the Walgreen's Drug store where I got my scripts had been robbed so often that they had an armed security guard next to the front door during all working hours.

I understand that some stores need security guards. Have you ever been to a fast food joint that had one? Is requiring all Popeye's managers to follow company policy regarding cash stashing unreasonable? Did she do her job as regards that company policy?

Walgreens profits are much higher.

The point being:

She broke company protocol on several occasions.

This guy robs the store, she followed the protocol, she keeps job.

Ain't really that hard to understand.

Oh, in baseball you don't get as many pitches as needed to hit the ball. 3 strikes and your turn at the plate is over.

You all going to loss sleep over that too?

So you're on a flight of fancy that has nothing to do with this story? Which is it?

Prozac kickin in our what?

I guess I stumped you, huh?

Lol, just for giggles I'll give you a simple assignment. K?

Sit outside a fast food joint. Park near the drivethru window and listen as the employee tells the customer how much is owed. Watch for method of payment.

Now the part that will be difficult for you......

ADD

Look through the window and estimate the number of customers......

For you I'll allow you to use a calculator for the next part.....

MULTIPLY

now, get your head out of that Prozac fog and THINK FOR YOURSELF.

You have no evidence any of this happened. You forgot all about surveillance cameras, didn't you? You're flight of theory has nothing to do with this story, so stuff it.

Did I say it happened.

Go back and read

Then why don't we confine the discussion to what actually happened before the aliens invade, shall we?

Then why don't we confine the discussion to what actually happened before the aliens invade, shall we?

Aliens are already among us:
walmartians calendar 2013 - Google Search

unhappy-072.png
Don't encourage him.

I understand that some stores need security guards. Have you ever been to a fast food joint that had one? Is requiring all Popeye's managers to follow company policy regarding cash stashing unreasonable? Did she do her job as regards that company policy?

No, she failed to fulfull one of her job requirements.

"Awfully sorry that you almost got your head blown off, but you are fired"

I figure that the Right is going to have to double down on chicken, in order to show support for Popeye's and Chick Fil-A

The employer has a legal right to be an asshole, and I have a legal right to pick KFC instead of assholes who own Popeye franchises, in which to spend my money...and, I might add, KFC has a damned good chicken pot pie at a very reasonable price. I encourage others to try it! It is a complete meal in itself, and under $5!

Last edited:
And next week, they will be robbed again because we know this woman doesn't dump the extra cash like she is supposed to.
And furthermore...what does her being pregnant have to do with anything? Using the sympathy card? Yes.
I believed this is about sympathy for being pregnant. Otherwise this is not such a big news.
I own a business that sells and services medical instruments for hospitals, research lab and pharmaceutical companies.
We have very large base of field engineers all over the country. They carry a very expensive testing equipments in their minivan.
Company policy is very simple. Any lost of equipments or tools including cell phone the SE employee is responsible for replacement. Only other option is getting fired. No excuses, no mercy, no sympathy. Policy is a policy period.

I figure that the Right is going to have to double down on chicken, in order to show support for Popeye's and Chick Fil-A

The employer has a legal right to be an asshole, and I have a legal right to pick KFC instead of assholes who own Popeye franchises, in which to spend my money...and, I might add, KFC has a damned good chicken pot pie at a very reasonable price. I encourage others to try it! It is a complete meal in itself, and under $5!

I support Chic Fil A because they make damn good chicken. The fact that they take a stand against the fag militia is just an added bonus.

And Pop eye's chicken sucks. Dry and tasteless.

I support Chic Fil A because they make damn good chicken. The fact that they take a stand against the fag militia is just an added bonus.

I am sure that Jesus is proud of you....

Yes, Mertex's idiocy is his own fault.

"His"?

A poor pregnant woman held at gunpoint with both lives on the line is fired for being on duty when a theif takes $400 ---- and you want to blame the messenger??

What in the wide world of fuck is wrong with you partisan hacks?

This one moron is taking up for Popeye's because he's still waiting for his share to trickle down.

I know you're a fucking moron, because you're a liberal, but how can my comment in any way be seen as taking up for Popeye's?

One dumbass for a manager means we must immediately give the government more control over the economy! LOL!

Idjit.

Let me know if you don't understand any of the words, with your room temp IQ, I know you need help.

You're the fucking moron, because your statement that you highlighted surely shows you are taking up for Popeyes. Sorry you are too stupid to comprehend your own words. But being a conservative, you don't have to explain it........I already know you are clueless.

Taking up for Popeyes by saying their manager is a dumbass? LOL!
Shit, you're a stupid liberal.
But then I repeat myself.

Yes idiot.......you're blaming the manager when the article is very clear that it was "company policy" and everyone of your peers here have claimed that it was company policy. So, you're actually defending the company, because the manager was doing what was expected of him.

What a buffoon.....I won't be explaining things to you anymore.....you're too stupid to be bothered with.

I am sure that Jesus is proud of you....

Me too.

It took a woman to recognize the error the company made in firing this pregnant woman and expecting her to pay back what was stolen. And conservatives don't think women deserve the same pay for the same work......

Popeye's CEO Cheryl Bachelder wasted no time addressing the controversy that erupted yesterday when news went viral that an employee at one of their franchises was fired after she refused to pay back cash stolen in a robbery at gunpoint.
Popeye s makes job offer to pregnant worker who was robbed and then fired

Every place I worked at, including my own two stores, was 200 in the till. No more, no less.

So the real cost then would have been only $200 lost. They fired her for a mere $200.
They fired her for not doing her job. Period.

She was doing her job. That she wasn't prompt enough to put the money in the safe is no reason to be fired, especially after she explained there was a very busy period right before the robber came in.

She was pregnant, for God's sake.......and was traumatized....show a little sympathy.

Every place I worked at, including my own two stores, was 200 in the till. No more, no less.

So the real cost then would have been only $200 lost. They fired her for a mere $200.
They fired her for not doing her job. Period.
Which Job was that and why was Management not there to ensure there were no excuses to the bottom line?
Her JOB was to MANAGE the store. MANAGERS have DUTIES. One of those DUTIES is to dump cash in the drop box safe when the register goes over 200 bucks. Why was not management there? Hello? Is anyone home, McFly? SHE WAS THE MANAGER! HER superiors were not there because they hired HER as MANAGER when they are not there. Get it?
Dayum.:wtf:

Geez, Gracie, I guess you've never been in a situation where you failed to do something you were supposed to do......it must be nice to be perfect.

Do you have proof it is? Quite the conundrum

so you have no proof that she was fired for not giving back $400....quite the conundrum

We both dont have proof, but we both believe what we want. Weird huh>?

it is more logical that she was fired to repeatedly breaking the rules than being fired for not giving the $400 back.

It might be logical if that's what happened. But she was offered a choice-- pay back the 400 some other guy stole, or lose your job.

what proof do you have of that?

It's in the article........didn't you even bother to read it?

Forum List

Back