Portland stabbings: Police search for man who allegedly swiped victim's belongings

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Wow, can you get much lower than this? What a low life scumbag. Hopefully he is apprehended soon.

Portland stabbings: Police search for man who allegedly swiped victim's belongings

Authorities in Oregon were searching Thursday for a man suspected of stealing the wedding ring and backpack of one of the victims in a stabbing attack last week.

The ring and backpack belonged to Rick Best, one of the two men killed in the attack at a Portland train station, The Oregonian reported.

Surveillance images released by police show a man in a black Jordan-brand hat and black shirt with an image of Marilyn Monroe on it with black shorts and black shoes carrying two bags off the train in the midst of chaos and confusion. One of the bags contained personal items, police said.

Best, 53, was a father of four, Army veteran, city of Portland employee and once ran for office.

Best worked with about 30 co-workers and hundreds of customers seeking permits from the city.

Best had three teenage sons and a 12-year-old daughter, said David Austin, a spokesman for Portland Commissioner Chloe Eudaly.

He was headed home when he and others came to help two young girls who were the target of Jeremy Joseph Christian’s anti-Muslim rant, police and witnesses said.

Wow, can you get much lower than this? What a low life scumbag. Hopefully he is apprehended soon.

Authorities in Oregon were searching Thursday for a man suspected of stealing the wedding ring and backpack of one of the victims in a stabbing attack last week.

The ring and backpack belonged to Rick Best, one of the two men killed in the attack at a Portland train station, The Oregonian reported.

Surveillance images released by police show a man in a black Jordan-brand hat and black shirt with an image of Marilyn Monroe on it with black shorts and black shoes carrying two bags off the train in the midst of chaos and confusion. One of the bags contained personal items, police said.

Best, 53, was a father of four, Army veteran, city of Portland employee and once ran for office.

Best worked with about 30 co-workers and hundreds of customers seeking permits from the city.

Best had three teenage sons and a 12-year-old daughter, said David Austin, a spokesman for Portland Commissioner Chloe Eudaly.

He was headed home when he and others came to help two young girls who were the target of Jeremy Joseph Christian’s anti-Muslim rant, police and witnesses said.
All I can say is "The Chickens have come home to Roost". When you put liberals in charge of a city, soon that city becomes a cesspool of crime where innocent people fall prey to the liberal criminals, because Law abiding citizens aren't allowed to carry a weapon for self defense. I do not feel sorry for those who live in the crime ridden cites, for they could always move away. You stay, you deal with the repercussions of your actions.....

trinityunited.png

yeah that whole situation is fucking nutty.

First of all, it appears from the max camera footage that the guy wasn't doing anything....until the girls said something to him. So they said something to him, and that set him off yelling. It wasn't a friendly word. Then they were leaving..he was not following them. Then the three guys started in on him, and shoved him down and jumped on him. He pulled out the knife and swung it...he's a big guy and they were scrawny punks and he laid them out.

I think they knew him and thought they could tromp him. I don't think anybody was scared if him, I think they were mighty surprised. We knew it was just a matter of time before the punks tried to roll someone who is armed.

This doesn't surprise me. If the perpetrator is going to kill someone, why not steal from them to complete the picture?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back