Post week 2 college football contenders/pretenders

EMH

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2021
Pretenders...

OK, Notre Dame, take a seat pal...
Michigan, that's the best QB you have??
Oregon, OU dumped Gabriel for a reason... and Boise almost clipped your wings
OU, by the way, was shut out in the second half by Houston at home - lucky for OU they don't face VANDY this year
Oklahoma State, nice come back, not convinced Arkansas is a good team

Contenders

UGA
Ohio ST
The Horns - still think Ewers has a weak arm and is horribly overrated, but rest of team is there and impressive
Ole Miss - about 15 years ago they lost to Vandy 40-0, and have since tossed every possible academic and character standard to win
Mizzou - the test is in two weeks, they face Vandy
USC - was very impressed with the whole team playing LSU
da U - Miami has perhaps the best QB in college football, and the rest of the team is good, watch out for the Caines!!
Vandy - undefeated and arrow is UP

I'd put Texas up there with the contenders, oh wait, see you've got them listed, I didn't recognize "the Horns" (edit).

Ohio State has played 2 MAC teams, that's sad. And speaking of the MAC, my Bowling Green State University Falcons losing by only 7 to Penn State surprised me. Hopefully this year BGSU beats rival Toledo.

The new AP list

AP Top 25Updated Sep 8, 2024​

RANKTEAMTRENDPOINTSNEXT GAME
1team logo
Georgia
(54)2-0
2team logo
Texas
(4)2-0
3team logo
Ohio State
(5)2-0
4team logo
Alabama
2-0
5team logo
Ole Miss
2-0
6team logo
Missouri
2-0
7team logo
Tennessee
2-0
8team logo
Penn State
2-0
9team logo
Oregon
2-0
10team logo
Miami (Fla.)
2-0
11team logo
USC
2-0
12team logo
Utah
2-0
13team logo
Oklahoma State
2-0
14team logo
Kansas State
2-0
15team logo
Oklahoma
2-0
16team logo
LSU
1-1
17team logo
Michigan
1-1
18team logo
Notre Dame
1-1
19team logo
Louisville
2-0
20team logo
Arizona
2-0
21team logo
Iowa St.
2-0
22team logo
Clemson
1-1
23team logo
Nebraska
2-0
24team logo
Boston College
2-0
25team logo
N. Illinois
2-0

Others Receiving Votes​

• Illinois (101) 2-0; Boise State (77) 1-1; Texas A&M (68) 1-1; Syracuse (63) 2-0; Memphis (38) 2-0; Washington (27) 2-0; Iowa (24) 1-1; Kansas (22) 1-1; Vanderbilt (18) 2-0; South Carolina (10) 2-0; Wisconsin (9) 2-0; Liberty (9) 2-0; UNLV (7) 2-0; North Carolina (7) 2-0; California (3) 2-0; BYU (2) 2-0; TCU (1) 2-0; UCF (1) 2-0;

I should add the Vols, they looked very tough against NC State, although that was much more of a game than the score indicates... until NC State QB Grayson McCall ended a 70 yard NC St drive in Q2 with one of the worst pick 6s in history... then NC St collapsed.

But the Vol OL looked good and it needs to, that QB is not built to take a heavy pounding.

I'd put Texas up there with the contenders, oh wait, see you've got them listed, I didn't recognize "the Horns" (edit).

Ohio State has played 2 MAC teams, that's sad. And speaking of the MAC, my Bowling Green State University Falcons losing by only 7 to Penn State surprised me. Hopefully this year BGSU beats rival Toledo.

And who OWNS the Horns in football??

Which team that has played the Horns 10 or more times has the best record against the Horns?

Pretenders...

OK, Notre Dame, take a seat pal...
Michigan, that's the best QB you have??
Oregon, OU dumped Gabriel for a reason... and Boise almost clipped your wings
OU, by the way, was shut out in the second half by Houston at home - lucky for OU they don't face VANDY this year
Oklahoma State, nice come back, not convinced Arkansas is a good team

Contenders

UGA
Ohio ST
The Horns - still think Ewers has a weak arm and is horribly overrated, but rest of team is there and impressive
Ole Miss - about 15 years ago they lost to Vandy 40-0, and have since tossed every possible academic and character standard to win
Mizzou - the test is in two weeks, they face Vandy
USC - was very impressed with the whole team playing LSU
da U - Miami has perhaps the best QB in college football, and the rest of the team is good, watch out for the Caines!!
Vandy - undefeated and arrow is UP
No mention of Alabama or Clemson?

LOL.

Which team that has played the Horns 10 or more times has the best record against the Horns?
Looking forward to the Texas/Georgia game.

Lots of popcorn, granted, it will not be as fun as watching Texas completely destroy Michigan last Saturday.

No mention of Alabama or Clemson?

LOL.

Clemson played UGA. How did that go?

The Tide had a lame effort against USF - University Somewhere in FLA (because Tampa is NOT "south" Florida)

Clemson = not serious

The Tide - yet to show it but not out

Looking forward to the Texas/Georgia game.

Lots of popcorn, granted, it will not be as fun as watching Texas completely destroy Michigan last Saturday.

The team that OWNS the Horns is the week after UGA....

8-3-1

The team that OWNS the Horns is the week after UGA....

8-3-1
Texas is certainly in the top 5 or 6 along with Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and Alabama in no particular order

Lets see them play each other head to head before getting too excited

We should have a clearer picture one month from now

Texas is certainly in the top 5 or 6 along with Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and Alabama in no particular order

Lets see them play each other head to head before getting too excited

We should have a clearer picture one month from now

Not so sure about Oregon. They have not looked good in either of their wins against weak opponents.

Past seasons mean nothing

All that matters is the team Texas puts on the field this year

Not so sure about Oregon. They have not looked good in either of their wins against weak opponents.
Preseason polls are meaningless

If Oregon has a fatal flaw we’ll soon know based on winning and losing

Gabriel is a good QB in spite of a slow start so far

Preseason polls are meaningless

If Oregon has a fatal flaw we’ll soon know based on winning and losing

Gabriel is a good QB in spite of a slow start so far

I agree that they are, just ask Florida State.

But Oregon has played and barely beaten Idaho and Boise St. They are both 2nd, or 3rd, tier teams.

They have a lot of work to do.

Forum List

Back