post your favorite rock/metal concerts from youtube so we can all listen!

Sometime during 1971 I was sitting in one of about 500 folding metal chairs facing a small (tiny) stage in the Nassau County Community College cafeteria, waiting for a band named Yes to appear.

Suddenly, a loud annoying sound filled the room prompting me to comment, "What the hell is that noise all about?"

Looking over my shoulder I spy a dude with bag pipes, followed by a few more scruffy looking men, slowly walking from the back of the room toward the stage.

J.F. Murphy & Salt, whom I never heard of took the (tiny) stage and proceeded to blow out my ear drums with some pretty decent music.

Next, Yes takes the stage. All I could say was "WOW, these guys are awesome."

Whatta show. No glitz, no glamour, just a simple light show accompanied by sounds that today are considered classic rock n roll music.

One of the major benefits of living in the NY metro are was sooner or later most all rockers made their way to the Big Apple and Long Island.

Peace.

Metallica Whiskey In The Jar HD) [Roseland Ballroom, New York 1998

Same Irish folk song performed 16 yrs later by a more mature, cleaner sounding band.

What I like about this vid is folks dancing around the fire pit, adding a satanic aura. :lol:

Peace.

No glitz, no glamour, just a simple light show accompanied by sounds that today are considered classic rock n roll music.

I got to see them a few years later- In the Round tour- really great show. One of the prog-rock pioneers along with Genesis, ELP,. King Crimson, Jethro tull...

My concert days were the 70's and 80's for the most part and caught a few here and there since then, but one who I would still like to see and never got a chance is these guys.

Grateful Dead

I didn't attend this concert but they would come to my area twice a year so I've seen them at least 1/2 dozen times (who remembers). They'd play for 2 hours, take a break, and then play another 2 hours. And you usually had a warm up band. My favorite concert had the New Riders of the Purple Sage as their warm up.

No glitz, no glamour, just a simple light show accompanied by sounds that today are considered classic rock n roll music.

I got to see them a few years later- In the Round tour- really great show. One of the prog-rock pioneers along with Genesis, ELP,. King Crimson, Jethro tull...

Hey, Ang. We were some lucky MFers growin' up during the mid-60 thru mid-70 witnessing what I consider the greatest era of popular music to date.

Your reply inspired me to check out some Tull. Came across this treat.

Peace.

I didn't attend this concert but they would come to my area twice a year so I've seen them at least 1/2 dozen times (who remembers). They'd play for 2 hours, take a break, and then play another 2 hours. And you usually had a warm up band. My favorite concert had the New Riders of the Purple Sage as their warm up.

I was fortunate to see the Dead and NRPS just about that many times my damn self... I just have one question... Did the ever find out who robbed the Glendale Train?

I was fortunate to see the Dead and NRPS just about that many times my damn self... I just have one question... Did the ever find out who robbed the Glendale Train?
I'm pretty sure it was an inside job so I'm leaning toward Casey Jones.

One of my favorite shows was seeing John Lee Hooker perform in a club in Syracuse N.Y. in the late 70's. Hooker on guitar, accompanied by drums & bass, that's it. Hooker sat on a stool, played for 2 hours, swigging a bottle of Jack. He tore the house down. One of the best shows I've ever been to.

This isn't a concert but I've seen two of these guys
performing with other bands. This is a 40 minute live studio session.
Start @ 18:50 for a good taste of these bad-asses.

Last edited:

.....Still they keep me between these hollow walls
Hoping to find in me
The answers to the test that stumped them all.....

Forum List

Back