Posting a Meme in the Science and Technology, because I Solicit Science Based Comments

OK,, whats that got to do with the deceptive way he posted a picture of a manacured lawn against pictures of strip mines??
why didnt he post pictures of all the oil spills with the wildlife soaked in crude oil??
and I guess youre OK with a strip mine if its something you agree with but not when you dont,,
You’re right, I left that out. Yes, coal is often stripped mine. I guess the difference is that nobody is really claiming that mining coal is a clean operation.

The actual deception is for the anti coal activists to harp on the dirtiness of coal while, pretendingthat electric power is cleaner. If that meme is deceptive, it is no more so then the claims of the electric vehicle proponents.

My question was really about the science, though. Not so much about the photograph.
the free market was working hard on EVs long before democrats and republicans stuck their noses in it and started mandating it,,
the richest man in the world is proof of that,,
Surely, you are not talking about Tesla?

That company got a $465 million preferential loan from the department of energy in 2010. That sounds awfully like Republicans and Democrats sticking their noses into it.

Tessa also receives “regulatory credits“ in the billions. It can sell them to other companies who have not made enough electric vehicles to get the credits. That sounds like Republicans and/or Democrats.

Not to mention the huge government contracts for SpaceX, that also helped him be the richest man in the world.

Not to mention that people who buy electric cars are heavily subsidized by the government also. When you have government subsidizing both the manufacturer, and the purchase, of a product, crediting the free market with its popularity is pretty preposterous.

You’re right, I left that out. Yes, Cole is often stripped mine. I guess the difference is that nobody is really claiming that mining coal is a clean operation.

I think the deception, is for the anti coal activists to harp on the dirtiness of coal while, pretending that electric power is cleaner. so, if that meme is deceptive, it is no more so then the claims of the electric vehicle proponents.

My question was really about the science, though. Not so much about the photograph.

Surely, you are not talking about Tesla? That company got a $465 million preferential loan from the department of energy in 2010. That sounds awfully like Republicans and Democrats sticking their noses into it.

Not to mention the huge government contracts for SpaceX, that also helped him be the richest man in the world.

Not to mention that people who buy electric cars are heavily subsidized by the government also. When you have government subsidizing both the manufacturer, and the purchase, of a product, crediting the free market with its popularity is pretty preposterous.
I am talking about all the people that have been working on EV development for the last 100 yrs,,

elon is a johnny come latly that managed to give a viable product,,

I am talking about all the people that have been working on EV development for the last 100 yrs,,

elon is a johnny come latly that managed to give a viable product,,
You specified “the richest man in the world“. Who did you mean by that?

How do we know that Elon Musk managed to give a viable product? Would it have been viable without government subsidies? Would he have been able to “give it” without the government loan?

If electric vehicles are so great, why does government have to pay people to buy them? If electric vehicles are so great, why is there a movement to force people to buy them?

You specified “the richest man in the world“. Who did you mean by that?

How do we know that Elon Musk managed to give a viable product? Would it have been viable without government subsidies? Would he have been able to “give it” without the government loan?

If electric vehicles are so great, why does government have to pay people to buy them? If electric vehicles are so great, why is there a movement to force people to buy them?
the fact there are millions of his cars on the road working as good if not better than a kia,,

even if the government stopped subsidies the cars still work,,
that wasnt the case before tesla,,

and yes fed subsidies should be stopped everywhere,, tax breaks for corps are another thing a state can and should do to get businesses into their states,,

You could run a ICE/electric hybrid, with the setup that locomotives have been using....A liquid cooled 200-300 CC ICE to run a big electric motor and power all the accessories.

But the envirowhacks are dead set on battery powered contraptions that go nowhere.

Forum List

Back