Posting a Meme in the Science and Technology, because I Solicit Science Based Comments

Not a single politician in 1957 was pushing for legislation to replace typewriters and pencils for laptops that may someday be developed.

When a technology is ready to be adopted by the public, it will be. IF the public finds it an improvement over the previous technology.

The only reason to legislate adoption of an inferior technology is on ideological grounds.
I cant help what a bunch of stupid politicians do,,
I am talking about the tech,,

in this case the politicians are chasing the tech not the other way around,,

I am talking about the tech

Then don't try and sell me an electric car until they are better than my current vehicle.

I don't buy vapor-ware.

And don't pretend you aren't overjoyed when politicians propose mandatory EV purchases because it validates your choice and supports your agenda.

Then don't try and sell me an electric car until they are better than my current vehicle.

I don't buy vapor-ware.

And don't pretend you aren't overjoyed when politicians propose mandatory EV purchases because it validates your choice and supports your agenda.
I am not trying to sell you anything,,
just giving you information you obviously dont have,,

so dont get your panties in a wad and have a fit like a 5 yr old,,

FYI I think the mandates are stupid and unlawful,, so give up your mind reading career and go back to popping popcorn at the state fairs,,

Information such as "they're working on it...give them more time"?

That's not information, that's selling snake oil.
of course youre ignoring everything else I said and only focusing on a few words for your false narrative,,
would that be because you have no real discussion to give and just rant incoherently like the typical idelog??
youre selling crazy and I am all full up,,

of course you have to be selctive in the pictures to make your false narrative,,

what if I posted the gulf coast or the alaska valdez oil spills??

the least you can do is be honest,,
And once again you refuse to see the point, go non sequitur, and are unable to say why my narrative is false,

And once again you refuse to see the point, go non sequitur, and are unable to say why my narrative is false,
how can I see a point when you post dishonest out of context pictures??

maybe its you that cant see the point and why you were so dishonest in your presentation,,

and I did say why it was false as I just said it again,,

What bad stuff?

You mean like the caribou that were warming themselves along the Alaskan pipeline, that the envirowhacks claimed would irreparably destroy their migration patterns?
Just like they said those huge oil platforms in the gulf would destroy or at least disrupt the ocean ecosystem. Seems that the ocean wildlife loves them and are thriving.

In the Texas Panhandle in the 60''s there was pretty much no wildlife larger than rabbits and not that many of them. But when they started drilling and finding oil there the environmentalists protested because of threat to the ecosystem. Well there are lots of oil and gas wells in the Panhandle and lots more wildlife to the point that deer are a traffic hazard now.

Just like they said those huge oil platforms in the gulf would destroy or at least disrupt the ocean ecosystem. Seems that the ocean wildlife loves them and are thriving.

In the Texas Panhandle in the 60''s there was pretty much no wildlife larger than rabbits and not that many of them. But when they started drilling and finding oil there the environmentalists protested because of threat to the ecosystem. Well there are lots of oil and gas wells in the Panhandle and lots more wildlife to the point that deer are a traffic hazard now.
tell us about the big dead patch in the gulf from that big oil spill??

why are you leaving that out,, and what about the alaska oil spill or the coal stip mines for energy to build the ICE vehicles??

you sure have a one sided view of the world,,

why are you leaving that out,, and what about the alaska oil spill or the coal stip mines for energy to build the ICE vehicles??

The Gulf 'dead zone' is not from any oil spill. It's from an overabundance of the nutrient Nitrogen/Phosphorus run off that causes algae to grow and choke out oxygen.

The Gulf 'dead zone' is not from any oil spill. It's from an overabundance of the nutrient Nitrogen/Phosphorus run off that causes algae to grow and choke out oxygen.
got a link on that??

cant say the spill didnt have long term effects and doesnt still pose a problem,, even could add to the dead zone problem,,

Oil spills are terrible and tragic for affected wildlife, but they are always due to human error, can be cleaned up, and each one teaches us how to prevent others. The dead zone from the Horizon oil spill in 2010 is no longer there and the area is not only thriving with wildlife but has improved. The example I used however was an underground pipeline that delivers millions of barrels of oil safely and without disrupting wildlife in any way. The Alaska pipeline does not disrupt the wildlife either even though it must be above ground. The wildlife seems to like it just fine.

No wildlife will ever likely live in those enormous ugly mining pits however.

got a link on that??

cant say the spill didnt have long term effects and doesnt still pose a problem,, even could add to the dead zone problem,,
Sure, here: https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/below-average-gulf-of-mexico-dead-zone-measured

'oil' or crude has many constituents most of which can be consumed by oil bacteria and microbes. Oil can exacerbate parts of the Dead Zone but the main cause is effluent or run-off from land especially fertilizers. All those chemicals used for fertilizer come from the Mississippi and flow to the Gulf. The size of it fluctuates as well.

you mean like stip mines to get coal or iron or copper??

she posted a grass field and left out the bad stuff,,

very diishonest,,
We've always known that strip mining was used to get iron and copper, and that oil tankers have spills.

When the environmental authoritarians push for electric power, they leave the mining out of the equation until they are called on it.

With EV's we get all the downsides of the massive mining of vital materials in nations hostile to the US, plus all the downsides of fossil fuels, because coal and deisel power the generators.

Nothing against electric power per se. Nothing against electric cars when their effeciency surpasses that of ICE cars. It hasn't.

Left alone, the free market would tell us almost immediately when and if they do.

We've always known that strip mining was used to get iron and copper, and that oil tankers have spills.

When the environmental authoritarians push for electric power, they leave the mining out of the equation until they are called on it.

With EV's we get all the downsides of the massive mining of vital materials in nations hostile to the US, plus all the downsides of fossil fuels, because coal and deisel power the generators.

Nothing against electric power per se. Nothing against electric cars when their effeciency surpasses that of ICE cars. It hasn't.

Left alone, the free market would tell us almost immediately when and if they do.
OK,, whats that got to do with the deceptive way he posted a picture of a manacured lawn against pictures of strip mines??
why didnt he post pictures of all the oil spills with the wildlife soaked in crude oil??
and I guess youre OK with a strip mine if its something you agree with but not when you dont,,

the free market was working hard on EVs long before democrats and republicans stuck their noses in it and started mandating it,,
the richest man in the world is proof of that,,

You could run a ICE/electric hybrid, with the setup that locomotives have been using....A liquid cooled 200-300 CC ICE to run a big electric motor and power all the accessories.

But the envirowhacks are dead set on battery powered contraptions that go nowhere.
Not only that but also are gung ho on forcing us to forego efficient and effective appliances, etc. for 'green energy' stuff that is far more expensive and may not last as long. And they may be more environmentally unfriendly to produce.

And despite all those hundreds of thousands of wind turbines world wide, all the EV vehicles now in use, acres upon acres of solar panels plus those on homes and commercial buildings, etc.--none of which would have been possible without significant use of fossil fuels by the way--and trillions of dollars spent, the scientists cannot cite the reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere by a single particle as a result of all that effort. Forcing humanity into products they don't want and many cannot afford will almost certainly reduce quality of life and make it much harder for poor countries to develop. And based on the evidence so far, there is no reason to reasonably believe all those mandates and spending many more trillions will make any measurable or significant difference in the climate either.

If they had allowed the private sector and human ingenuity along with (in silly talk) greed work as it always has in free market capitalism, good alternatives to fossil fuels would have eventually happened as those resource were depleted, and without forcibly taking away a single liberty, choice, option or opportunity from anybody.

She is honest....She posted the reality of strip mines, which is how all (yes, ALL) battery rare Earth elements are mined.

You should see the gargantuan copper mine to the west of SLC.
Govenor Walz stopped that important nickle mine in northern MN because of concerns for the environment.
Yet they have no problem getting that critical element from third world countries with less stringent standards.

Forum List

Back