Pot legalization in OH

Except that it isn't -- it is illegal everywhere under federal law.

I don't know how many pot plants you can grow on 49 acres, but i do know that it falls under the maximum possible federal penalty for trafficking.

I don't know how many pot plants you can grow on 49 acres

around 32 thousand pounds

That seems a little high. 32,000 pounds of buds? Or 32,000 pounds in plants, including leaves and stems? Because $200 million in retail value seems a little high for 49 acres.

one can produce around 650 plants per acre

under perfect conditions a plant will produces somewhere around 16 to 18 ounces each

16 x 650 x 49 =

i dont smoke weed or buy weed anymore so i dont even know the value per ounce

16 ounces is an outrageous yield of bud for a single plant. You must be including leaves and stems. Indoor yields are less than a 1/10th that. I'd say you'd get 2 ounces of quality bud per plant. 3 tops.

Though you'd probably be able to use the leaves and such for pot butter or other consumables.

16 ounces is an outrageous yield of bud for a single plant.

16 oz is a conservative number for the desired portion

the whole plant leaves stems and all weighs much more then 16 oz

maybe you never handled one

Bouchard's 2008 study on the topic puts estimates of outdoor bud (not leaves and stems) at about 1.9 ounces per plant.

Estimates of 16 ounces of bud (not leaves and stems) might as well begin with 'once upon a time'. As its an estimate that is ludicrously optimistic by about a factor of 8.

That seems a little high. 32,000 pounds of buds? Or 32,000 pounds in plants, including leaves and stems? Because $200 million in retail value seems a little high for 49 acres.

under perfect conditions a plant will produces somewhere around 16 to 18 ounces each

16 x 650 x 49 =

16 ounces is an outrageous yield of bud for a single plant. You must be including leaves and stems. Indoor yields are less than a 1/10th that. I'd say you'd get 2 ounces of quality bud per plant. 3 tops.

Though you'd probably be able to use the leaves and such for pot butter or other consumables.

Bouchard's 2008 study on the topic puts estimates of outdoor bud (not leaves and stems) at about 1.9 ounces per plant.

Estimates of 16 ounces of bud (not leaves and stems) might as well begin with 'once upon a time'. As its an estimate that is ludicrously optimistic by about a factor of 8.
i dont really care

i am not going to go around and around with you it is pointless

when it is obvious you dont have a clue

there are too many variables

plus the rates you are pointing out are indoor stats

where production is much much less

in fact 2 ounces is an ideal rate for an indoor grow--LOL

16 x 650 x 49 =

i dont really care

I'm quoting the studies on the topic. They give estimates that are a small fraction of what you do.

So how many of these potheads commenting on this thread have a High Times magazine on their coffee table?

16 x 650 x 49 =

i dont really care

I'm quoting the studies on the topic. They give estimates that are a small fraction of what you do.

do you mean the study by Nguyen and Bouchard which studied young growers aged 13-17 years old

--LOL

post your material

Why? Pot being illegal is wildly inconsistent.

I don't know how many pot plants you can grow on 49 acres, but i do know that it falls under the maximum possible federal penalty for trafficking.

With corm, you get ~30,000 plants per acre.
That's 1,470,000 plants in 49 acres.

Weed isn't corn. Low density planting uses up about 81 square feet per plant. High density, 9. Though yield per plant drops considerably in high density planting. And pot is also somewhat delicate in its resistance to blights and illnesses. If one plant goes, most near it go. The closer they are, the more you lose.

his stats come from indoor grow where Bouchard that stated it was the number of lights

not the number of plants in a grow area that increased or decreased production

Weed isn't corn. Low density planting uses up about 81 square feet per plant. High density, 9. Though yield per plant drops considerably in high density planting. And pot is also somewhat delicate in its resistance to blights and illnesses. If one plant goes, most near it go. The closer they are, the more you lose.

Though yield per plant drops considerably in high density planting

--LOL

You know, there is a 420 shop in Pueblo West called "Cannaseur", and in the shop, they have a window that shows their grow operation. Each plant was probably only 2 ft away from the next one, and they said that each plant would yield several ounces of bud. They said they usually harvested them when they hit around 4 or 5 ft tall, and they kept them trimmed. I think the room that I was looking at (it was the size of a medium warehouse) probably had 200 - 250 plants in it.

It was an impressive sight. Indoor grow with lights and the plants were in individual pots.

Additionally, did you know that cannabis plants are designated as either "medical" or "recreational" when they get to be 6 inches tall? Even though they are the same strain and potency, when a plant is designated as medical, it stays that way all the way until it's sold. Same with recreational. Found that out when I went to CO last April. Seems that they had some "Jesus OG" on the medical side, but had run out on the recreational side, and they couldn't transfer them, even though they were the exact same strain.

Weed isn't corn. Low density planting uses up about 81 square feet per plant.
9' by 9'?

9' by 9'?
not in a indoor grow as bourchard studied

9' by 9'?
not in a indoor grow as bourchard studied

if it needed 9 ft by 9 ft

that would be one big plant btw

--LOL

Forum List

Back