Poverty Pony A2 Mid-Length Carbine and three other "finds".

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I did a four-gun deal at my local pawn shop today and one of them was a Anderson A2 mid-length Carbine build.

Anderson made them about 8-10 years ago and they were well received even by the snobs in a "why didn't I think of that" kinda way.

I liked the A2/Mid-length concept as soon as I saw it other than it had been MagPul fucked. I'll re-do that later.

I took it apart cleaned/lubed, grabbed some ammo and drove down to my range. It did very well. A very KISS carbine.

p 004 (2).JPG

Here's the other three.

Norinco Model 4 .22 LR.....great shooters using the CZ-type action....Ugly-ass Chu-wood stock. Uses CZ 452 mags and came with three of them plus the factory 5-rounder.

JC Higgins Model 44 DL (Marlin 57 Levermatic) lever action in .22 S-L-LR....Late 50s/early 60s by the looks of it. Some called it the "fingermatic" due to it's short lever throw, one finger will cycle it.

M1876 Webley-Pryse #4 in .455 CF....Sorta ugly but tight. They served from the Zulu/Mahdist wars into WW-2 being passed down through the generations.

This one was privately purchased from The Army & Navy Co-operative Society Ltd. in London. Army & Navy Stores (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia
https://www.bing.com/search?q=mahdi...ae77-12ec-c544-612a-c4a06c778007"&FORM=SNAPST

p 002 (2).JPG

p 003 (2).JPG

Forum List

Back