Precision in Nature: Evidence of God or Accidents?

It's not at all hard to answer where intelligence came from. Intelligence in the form of trial and error is a very simple process, built into the very nature of life. Specialized nerve cells for carrying information is something that emerged not long after the first multi-celled organisms. Use of similar tissues, with a modified carrying-information function, is used to remember former trial-and-error experiments so they don't have to be repeated. A step or two further and it becomes possible to extrapolate from one trial to a similar trial. And so on. Intelligence becomes difficult to understand only if you try to imagine it all coming about at once in a single step. That's not how it happened.

So human beings are capable of creating art, music, and complex sentences because we have bigger brains?

Then Einsteins small brain means what? Or does the fact that women have smaller brains than men on the average mean that they are less intelligent too?

Where did intelligence originate from ?

One might ask the same question about the intelligence behind intelligent design.

God of course he has always existed.

That is the rub in having a logical debate on matters of faith. The questioning must end at the point that faith picks up.

It could be said that life has always existed presenting as proof that life does exist and can be observed. Why is it essential that God, instead of life, has always existed?

That we are is proof that life exists and we all know that life existed in the whole of our lives.

How can we prove that life ever did not exist?

How can we prove that God ever did exist?

It's not at all hard to answer where intelligence came from. Intelligence in the form of trial and error is a very simple process, built into the very nature of life. Specialized nerve cells for carrying information is something that emerged not long after the first multi-celled organisms. Use of similar tissues, with a modified carrying-information function, is used to remember former trial-and-error experiments so they don't have to be repeated. A step or two further and it becomes possible to extrapolate from one trial to a similar trial. And so on. Intelligence becomes difficult to understand only if you try to imagine it all coming about at once in a single step. That's not how it happened.

So human beings are capable of creating art, music, and complex sentences because we have bigger brains?

Then Einsteins small brain means what? Or does the fact that women have smaller brains than men on the average mean that they are less intelligent too?

That's exactly what it means. I think...

Give me a moment. I need to check with the wife.

Hmm,I wonder if that person knows that neanderthals had bigger brains then modern day humans,priceless.

One might ask the same question about the intelligence behind intelligent design.

That is the rub in having a logical debate on matters of faith. The questioning must end at the point that faith picks up.

It could be said that life has always existed presenting as proof that life does exist and can be observed. Why is it essential that God, instead of life, has always existed?

That we are is proof that life exists and we all know that life existed in the whole of our lives.

Would you rather I lie ?

That's exactly what it means. I think...

Give me a moment. I need to check with the wife.

Lol, be careful with that.....

:D

Hmm,I wonder if that person knows that neanderthals had bigger brains then modern day humans,priceless.

Hey, dont slam on my ancestors!

Hey, dont slam on my ancestors!

Yep that is correct,they were 100% human.

Last edited:
"faith in a multiverse—by definition allowed to violate any scientific laws—is respected!"

Bravo! Skewered him!

This deserves the Edmund Rostand-Cyrano line: "Then as I end the refrain, thrust home!"

The text I've highlighted in bold is just completely wrong. You don't even know what you're talking about, but its very amusing to me so keep going! Its always funny to see someone who thinks they can understand general relativity and quantum physics without math, but its even more funny to see someone who thinks they understand it better than those who understand the math!

The cover-up is always worse than the crime...
...your crime, ignorance....

1. Alan Lightman (born November 28, 1948 in Memphis, Tennessee) is an American physicist, writer, and social entrepreneur. He is a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the author of the international bestseller Einstein's Dreams. He was the first professor at MIT to receive a joint appointment in the sciences and the humanities.
Alan Lightman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. The accidental universe:
Science's crisis of faith
By Alan P. Lightman
The accidental universe: Science's crisis of faith?By Alan P. Lightman (Harper's Magazine)

3. In the article, Lightman explains the concept so that even a fraud such as yourself will find it difficult to obfuscate...

"Theoretical physicists, on the other hand, are not satisfied with observing the universe. They want to know why. They want to explain all the properties of the universe in terms of a few fundamental principles and parameters. These fundamental principles, in turn, lead to the “laws of nature,” which govern the behavior of all matter and energy.

….If the multiverse idea is correct, then the historic mission of physics to explain all the properties of our universe in terms of fundamental principles—to explain why the properties of our universe must necessarily be what they are—is futile, a beautiful philosophical dream that simply isn’t true.

Because there is no way they can prove this conjecture. That same uncertainty disturbs many physicists who are adjusting to the idea of the multiverse. Not only must we accept that basic properties of our universe are accidental and uncalculable. In addition, we must believe in the existence of many other universes. But we have no conceivable way of observing these other universes and cannot prove their existence. Thus, to explain what we see in the world and in our mental deductions, we must believe in what we cannot prove. Sound familiar? Theologians are accustomed to taking some beliefs on faith. Scientists are not. All we can do is hope that the same theories that predict the multiverse also produce many other predictions that we can test here in our own universe. But the other universes themselves will almost certainly remain a conjecture."

So....not only are you a fraud and a dunce....

...but this: 'The text I've highlighted in bold is just completely wrong. You don't even know what you're talking about,....'

...pretty much defines you.
I'm sorry, where does Lightman say that the muiltiverse theory is "by definition allowed to violate any scientific laws"? You've not shown me where he says that.

Also, where does lightman explain the theory itself? He doesn't. There's no mathematical equations in the article.

Again: "to explain why the properties of our universe must necessarily be what they are—is futile,..."
Did you understand that???
yes. Do you have a problem with it?

Multiverse?? Then 'to explain why the properties of our universe must necessarily be what they are—is futile'!

Does that neon light flashing IDIOT over your head keep you awake at night?

Your arrogance continues to amuse me. Please continue to babble on about what you have no clue about. You read an article in Harper's and you think you understand a theory that takes years of study to understand - its quite amazing! When you're ready to attack the theory itself from a mathematical basis instead of based on your misinterpretations of a pop article, I'm ready!

Last edited:
I doubt the species who are a part of the 99.9% that ended up extinct would agree with the whole precision in nature view.

Or all the people who have died from horrible diseases for nothing. Unless God is trying to kill us with precision.

Death is just a part of life. Everyone and everything eventually dies, so dont get your panties in a wad.

LOL! So nature is 'precise' - except when it isn't. Got it.

Would you rather I lie ?

Personally, not answering for him, I would rather that you drop your dogmatism and think rationally.

Or all the people who have died from horrible diseases for nothing. Unless God is trying to kill us with precision.

Death is just a part of life. Everyone and everything eventually dies, so dont get your panties in a wad.

You can't see precise in nature like a hydrolgic system ? or how bout the formation of a cell ?

How bout the formation of a human ? How bout a peacock or a mallard duck ? looks like they were painted.

How bout the big cat family ?

How bout the four seasons we exp ?

How bout we can count on the sun to rise every day ?

How bout having just the right amount of gravity present on one planet ?

How bout one planmet being able to sustain life ?

Just think of all the things i didn't bring up.

Because we are not under perfect conditions there is no designer ?well the bible gives you an answer as to why. So YOU Don't see precision in nature ? Open your eyes.

Would you rather I lie ?

Personally, not answering for him, I would rather that you drop your dogmatism and think rationally.

You might want to take your own advice.

You can't see precise in nature like a hydrolgic system ? or how bout the formation of a cell ?

How bout the formation of a human ? How bout a peacock or a mallard duck ? looks like they were painted.

Because we are not under perfect conditions there is no designer ?well the bible gives you an answer as to why. So YOU Don't see precision in nature ? Open your eyes.

It's only precise for a period of time. The wrong size asteroid is going in the wrong direction, it's all over for the entire planet. But with your views on science, I honestly don't know if you "believe" in asteroids.

The wrong asteroid, the wrong disease, the wrong natural disaster, and it's all over humans even with the fact that we've only been on earth for a tiny percentage of its existance.

It's only precise for a period of time. The wrong size asteroid is going in the wrong direction, it's all over for the entire planet. But with your views on science, I honestly don't know if you "believe" in asteroids.

The wrong asteroid, the wrong disease, the wrong natural disaster, and it's all over humans even with the fact that we've only been on earth for a tiny percentage of its existance.

Sin brought about the non perfect conditions.

I still would like an explanation for a planet spinning the opposite direction to the rest.

You never questioned why only this planet got everything it needs to sustain life ?

amino acids could not form in water

Wrong.

Demonstrate and please don't try to make me critique the Miller-urey experiment.

But the Miller-Urey experiment did generate amino acids in a soup of water, methane, ammonia, and hydrogen, which attempted to mimic what was believed to be the conditions before the origin of life on earth. There's no need for a general critique of the experiment; it's been suggested by scientists that the composition of the "soup" used might not be accurate. Also, you need not point out that amino acids alone are not life; I know that. So does everyone. The fact remains that amino acids were created chemically in water.

Also, most animals and plants are composed largely of water and amino acids are produced in living things all the time. Water is a major component of amino acids. You're just plain wrong.

EDIT: If you're going to object that the amino acids in the experiment were performed in the electrical spark chamber which had no liquid water, I remind you that evaporation and precipitation occur in nature, too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back