Predictions: Governor (demonized by right wingers) Christie fills Sen Lautenberg seat

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
Predictions: Governor (demonized by right wingers) Christie fills Sen Lautenberg seat

2 conflicting election rules for when election will be held to fill seat and also the issue of whom Chris Christie would appoint,

Poor righties have poisoned the well. Doubt anyone they'd like will be in the running.

Chris would do well to appoint a seat warmer with no interest in running later

Last edited:

2 conflicting election rules for when election will be held to fill seat and also the issue of whom Chris Christie would appoint,

Poor righties have poisoned the well. Doubt anyone they'd like will be in the running.

And the Democratic US Senator isn't even in the ground and the politics has started.

The funny thing is liberals like me aren't complaining about that. That is what the right wing would be doing if it were a Republican Senator who passed and Democrats talked political strategy

the faux hysteria and alarm from right wing world is soooo boring

As we all know by now, Lautenberg is assuming ambient temperature. Even as the last beep was heard from his heart monitor the political spin cycle was at full RPM.

I have nothing good to say about him.

I do however wonder what other members here think Christie will do with the seat. Will he find a slimy RINO moderate to appease the establishment GOP and piss off everyone else? Will he stuff another democrook in there, and only piss off the republicrats who weren't on his side anyway?

BTW I did specify "what other members THINK", so the bed wetters who cut and paste HuffPo drivel will be ignored if they're not already.

I don't think it really matters.

The seat is up for election in 2014, when whoever Christie appoints will lose the seat to Cory Booker.

The seat is up for election in 2014, when whoever Christie appoints will lose the seat to Cory Booker.

Not that I agree with your prediction, a lot can happen between now and then. You're right that his selection will be short lived regardless of who he picks.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ngers-christie-fills-sen-lautenberg-seat.html

And the Democratic US Senator isn't even in the ground and the politics has started.

The funny thing is liberals like me aren't complaining about that. That is what the right wing would be doing if it were a Republican Senator who passed and Democrats talked political strategy

the faux hysteria and alarm from right wing world is soooo boring

Christie is thanking his lucky stars that Booker didn't try to run against him this year.

A lot can happen in a year, sure. But I would be very surprised if anyone beats Booker for Lautenberg's seat.

Pete7469 said:
As we all know by now, Lautenberg is assuming ambient temperature. Even as the last beep was heard from his heart monitor the political spin cycle was at full RPM.

I have nothing good to say about him.

I do however wonder what other members here think Christie will do with the seat. Will he find a slimy RINO moderate to appease the establishment GOP and piss off everyone else? Will he stuff another democrook in there, and only piss off the republicrats who weren't on his side anyway?

BTW I did specify "what other members THINK", so the bed wetters who cut and paste HuffPo drivel will be ignored if they're not already.

OriginalShroom said:
No matter who he picks, I doubt if it will change the direction of the Senate

Last edited:
Pete7469 said:
theDoctorisIn said:

Not that I agree with your prediction, a lot can happen between now and then. You're right that his selection will be short lived regardless of who he picks.

hmmmmmmm

Forum List

Back