Prepare For The End Of The American Petro-Dollar!

Who said it was a crime? What I'm saying is that several very large companies are dumping the dollar all at the same time. Do you not believe that that will have a financial impact on the American economy?
There has never been a law that says they must do it. As far as using the dollar as a benchmark it doesn't reduce our value. What countries have tried to do is get away from foreign currency in their country because it inflates prices and devalues the local currency.

The actions of house republicans fighting the debt ceiling payment.

Rs need to pass the debt ceiling now, and we'll be fine.... Worries about it, freak out the world...imo.

Inflation is trending downward under the Fed plan.

Last edited:
There has never been a law that says they must do it. As far as using the dollar as a benchmark it doesn't reduce our value. What countries have tried to do is get away from foreign currency in the country because it inflates prices and devalues the local currency.
When the dollar was backed by precious metal ... it was stable. When metals were replaced by debt ... it became dependent on who was willing to buy into that debt system. It remained strong as other nations trusted it and utilized it. That's all going away. Without, its dominance in the debt market ... there's nothing to back it up. America sent her industry to our enemies, so what is going to be used to bolster the dollar now? How can it possibly remain strong?

Ammo will be worth more than gold except maybe for a few old codgers that never figured-out gold was a sucker's bet.
Yes ... that too. I have several thousand rounds and will be getting more in a few days. It can be used as a trade item (along with sea salt, cigarettes, booze, soap, and other tangible items).

When the dollar was backed by precious metal ... it was stable. When metals were replaced by debt ... it became dependent on who was willing to buy into that debt system. It remained strong as other nations trusted it and utilized it. That's all going away. Without, its dominance in the debt market ... there's nothing to back it up. America sent her industry to our enemies, so what is going to be used to bolster the dollar now? How can it possibly remain strong?
Then why did the gold standard for oil collapse in 1970?

The actions of house republicans fighting the debt ceiling payment.

Re need to pass the debt ceiling now, and we'll be fine.... Worries about it, freak out the world...imo.

Inflation is trending downward under the Fed plan.
Wishful thinking? I believe so.

Yes ... that too. I have several thousand rounds and will be getting more in a few days. It can be used as a trade item (along with sea salt, cigarettes, booze, soap, and other tangible items).
Soap will be a huge trade item till people just quit bathing....I suspect you will lose the dems first as they seldom wash their ass as it is. ;)

Then why did the gold standard for oil collapse in 1970?
Because oil became more in demand and was easier to acquire. Thus, the emergence of the Petro-Dollar. But then nations like Saudi Arabia (a Mecca for oil production) consider dumping the Petro-Dollar for other currencies ... the stability of the dollar is even more questionable than it was under the gold standard. Dollar bills are paper -- the same stuff used for kindling in your campfire. If it isn't backed by gold, silver, oil, or industrial production ... what gives it its value?

Where did I say I didn't believe this? I'm saying he is simply stating old news.
You indicated that the reason he's "preaching" this story is to sell gold. There may be some truth to that, but I also believe that he's genuinely concerned about the future of our nation.

Forum List

Back